Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Bexleyfuckingheath. 1 year ago after parking my car outside my sisters house some git drove into it and drove off without doing the right thing, a note with their details on the windscreen. New bumper, wing and repainted door, a claim on my insurance and few hundred pounds excess. This week outside my mother’s same wing same bumper but not too bad but no note left yet again. I could probably have Chips Away do a repair on my drive. But the light cluster which now has nasty scratches probably won’t buff out although I will give it go. £1200 for a new cluster. I know accidents happen but what sort gits think I go to work to pay for their carelessness. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Kettle Chips bags being quietly reduced to 130g from 150g in tandem with the price going up. Thieving spuddy bastards, there's barely one medium sized potato in the bloody packet in the first place. Own brand henceforth.

On which point, I can highly recommend Sainsbury's TTD chorizo and salsa flavour, made with real English chorizo and you can't get more authentic than that!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Kettle Chips bags being quietly reduced to 130g from 150g in tandem with the price going up. Thieving spuddy bastards, there's barely one medium sized potato in the bloody packet in the first place. Own brand henceforth.

On which point, I can highly recommend Sainsbury's TTD chorizo and salsa flavour, made with real English chorizo and you can't get more authentic than that!
    I agree. The Kettle Chip manufacturers should assume all inflationary costs and operate at a loss.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I agree. The Kettle Chip manufacturers should assume all inflationary costs and operate at a loss.
    You do one or the other, increase cost or decrease bag size. Doing both is just janky. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

You do one or the other, increase cost or decrease bag size. Doing both is just janky. 
    A genuine bugbare of both the missus and I is this chipping away at both ends. Some restaurants near us have done exactly that, reduced quality (and sometimes quantity) and raised prices. We no longer use them, naturally. 
  • Options
    If they'd increased pack size by 20g bet your boots there'd be a big gold star on the bag announcing it. Were £1.75, now £2, a 14% price hike. Were 150g now 130g, effectively a 13% price hike. The two together? Effectively a 32% increase. They can do one
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

A genuine bugbare of both the missus and I is this chipping away at both ends. Some restaurants near us have done exactly that, reduced quality (and sometimes quantity) and raised prices. We no longer use them, naturally. 

If you are a food manufacturer like Kettle (or basically any other consumer packaged good) you have three options within your pricing architecture at times of inflationary increase if you want to maintain your product quality (and aside from any other savings that the business might be able to make):-  

- Keep portion size the same and increase the price. Consumers hate that.
     - Keep the price the same and decrease portion size. Consumers hate that.
     - Mix the two. Consumers hate that. 

The manufacturer is trying to implement the one that has the least impact on ROS and customer sentiment. Who'd want to be a brand owner...

Ultimately the consumer will end up paying the right price for the product based on the competitiveness of the market... The original poster will downgrade to own label. They'll get the price they want to pay but with a lower quality product (particularly as that product will be under the same cost pressures) so that's the trade off.

• Options
    People talking about flats being built at The Valley, when we all know its Fracking that is really going to happen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    You're bang on, @SporadicAddick, but as I prize quantity over quality I'm happy with the own brand, £1.25 for 150g and actually just as good.

The retailer's own pricing strategy also plays a role, so lots of variables in the price equation
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

The manufacturer is trying to implement the one that has the least impact on ROS and customer sentiment. Who'd want to be a brand owner...
    The situation you didn't refer to clearly is the decreased portion and increased price - That pees customers off the most. 

Whenever I see this happen it becomes a no brainer to move to the next brand. 
  • Options
    I played over 100 games for England, albeit with my mates in Sutcliffe Park.

Should I be on this wall?

Should this wall annoy me? 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

If you are a food manufacturer like Kettle (or basically any other consumer packaged good) you have three options within your pricing architecture at times of inflationary increase if you want to maintain your product quality (and aside from any other savings that the business might be able to make):-  

Ultimately the consumer will end up paying the right price for the product based on the competitiveness of the market... The original poster will downgrade to own label. They'll get the price they want to pay but with a lower quality product (particularly as that product will be under the same cost pressures) so that's the trade off.

You have confused me now. Are you saying that mixing the two "has the least impact on ROS and customer sentiment." ? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

You have confused me now. Are you saying that mixing the two "has the least impact on ROS and customer sentiment." ? 
    I don't know but I'd assume that is part of their decision making process - it's obviously the one that you dislike!  ;)

(although of course there are a million and one other factors, not least the direction of the big retailers (who will effectively reject any price increase as the start point of listing  negotiations, hence the manufacturers playing about with pack sizes...)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:

I don't know but I'd assume that is part of their decision making process - it's obviously the one that you dislike!  ;)

(although of course there are a million and one other factors, not least the direction of the big retailers (who will effectively reject any price increase as the start point of listing  negotiations, hence the manufacturers playing about with pack sizes...)
    I can't see why anyone wouldn't have a problem with it? "It's not right when they put the price up, but as long as they reduce the portion as well, I can put up with it...".  :D  
  • Options

Huh, just when they think they've covered all the PC options.  Justice for The Sutcliffe One!
  • Options

It annoy's me too. Three reasons:
    1. It's essentially four different sports with at least three different sets of rules. I'm more that happy to see all of those people honoured, but it should be clear for what. Otherwise you might as well throw in England cricketers, darts player and four man bob pushers.
    2. It's ordered in a seemingly random way. Is it date of cap - I don't know? Here's a tip to anyone compiling a list, if you've got a particular reason for ordering a list in a certain way, then make it clear. If not, do it alphabetically so it's easy to search.
    3. Finally, it's not going to stay current for very long. They've only left space for three more 50+ cappers. I take it there's no plan to keep it updated. 
  • Options
    what happens if one of the 50 cappers gets to a hundred ?
  • Options
    Didn't know Robin Williams was so sporty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    what happens if one of the 50 cappers gets to a hundred ?

• Options
    Nicking the tip of my index finger so that, even though I barely broke the skin, my fingerprint log in to my phone and banking websites doesn't work so I have to faff about with codes until it recovers
  • Options
    Getting my car back from the garage to find a four inch crack in the windscreen that wasn't there when I took it in. No point arguing as it's my word against theirs, but they've had it for three months (long story) so I'll have to put it through I Durance and pay the £75 excess. As if the garage bill wasn't big enough already.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nicking the tip of my index finger so that, even though I barely broke the skin, my fingerprint log in to my phone and banking websites doesn't work so I have to faff about with codes until it recovers
    Exactly why you should keep a plaster cast of your finger in your safe, they’re very handy
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Getting my car back from the garage to find a four inch crack in the windscreen that wasn't there when I took it in. No point arguing as it's my word against theirs, but they've had it for three months (long story) so I'll have to put it through I Durance and pay the £75 excess. As if the garage bill wasn't big enough already.
    Is that the Iain Durance that used to play for Rangers? Is he in the old windscreen replacement game now? Guess it figures….
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    IdleHans said:
    Is that the Iain Durance that used to play for Rangers? Is he in the old windscreen replacement game now? Guess it figures….
    No it's the one who fronted the Blockheads.
  • Options
    The 'Geordie nation'

Newcastle fans thinking they're massive everywhere despite the fact that outside Newcastle no one cares about them. They bitched about Mike Ashley yet have no issue it seems with being owned by the Saudi regime. I can't wait to see them drop out of the European places and end the season with nothing as usual. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    The 'Geordie nation'

Newcastle fans thinking they're massive everywhere despite the fact that outside Newcastle no one cares about them. They bitched about Mike Ashley yet have no issue it seems with being owned by the Saudi regime. I can't wait to see them drop out of the European places and end the season with nothing as usual. 
    Agree, they definitely think they’re owed success because a few of them take their tops off in winter. 

Pretty sure they’ll get it though, but I guess city’s punishment will set that precedent.