Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When football highlights don't have the clock in the corner of the screen with the score, BT Sport seem to be one of very few that have this. 

The sound system at The Valley, why can I hear Brian and Charlotte perfectly yet anything else is a struggle.

Linesmen or whatever they're called this week, how many time was Leaburn having the shirt pulled off his back yesterday right in front of the lino yet nothing, it seems all they are there to do is to wave their flag to tell the crowd which way the throw in goes and the occasional offside.
  • I may have said this before, but I was out walking once when a dirty great Alsatian came bounding towards me.  The owner shouted out, 'Stand still you idiot' which I did, then she shouted, 'Not you ... the dog'.

Yeah he was probably being friendly, saying hello or playful or whatever dog owners tell you their mutt's intentions are, but I was bloody terrified.   
  • I may have said this before, but I was out walking once when a dirty great Alsatian came bounding towards me.  The owner shouted out, 'Stand still you idiot' which I did, then she shouted, 'Not you ... the dog'.

Yeah he was probably being friendly, saying hello or playful or whatever dog owners tell you their mutt's intentions are, but I was bloody terrified.   
    Sadly this is why people’s perception of my chosen breed is as it is.
    Our dogs are bigger in stature than an average German shepherd/Alsatian so it’s enhanced even more but 90% of the people with an opinion on my dogs will have met one like you have. 
    You are more than welcome to meet our dogs, because what you described makes me just as angry. 
  • It helps I'm not scared of Dogs, and just gave the ones barking today the look of someone going: "Whats your problem you stupid thing" - Its more the fact they were off lead that pissed me off with their attitude.

My own Goldie has his First Birthday today, typical of his breed he's an absolute nut job, but has to be kept on lead when we're out because he tries to jumps at people... Not aggressively, he just wants fuss and be loved

I'm mortified when he does and am continuously training him not to, as I'd hate him to jump at someone terrified of dogs - But thats why he stays on lead
  • Inherited Privilege
  • T_C_E said:
    I may have said this before, but I was out walking once when a dirty great Alsatian came bounding towards me.  The owner shouted out, 'Stand still you idiot' which I did, then she shouted, 'Not you ... the dog'.

Sadly this is why people’s perception of my chosen breed is as it is.
    Our dogs are bigger in stature than an average German shepherd/Alsatian so it’s enhanced even more but 90% of the people with an opinion on my dogs will have met one like you have. 
    You are more than welcome to meet our dogs, because what you described makes me just as angry. 
    A very kind offer, thank you Ray, but I'm ok thanks.  

I know the vast majority of owners are pretty good and (from here) I know the work you do is quite exceptional.  This incident was a couple of years ago, but I remember feeling relieved when the dog got close as it became evident he wasn't hostile - not that I have any expertise - but the lack of growling and teeth was most welcome. 
  • IdleHans said: This 
    Gyles Brandreth. Insufferable gobshite
    I think Gyles might correct you and say that he is not a general thing
  • IdleHans said: This 
    Gyles Brandreth. Insufferable gobshite
    I think Gyles might correct you and say that he is not a general thing
    thereby confirming the correctness of my chosen adjective
  • Sponsored links:

• Hotels the world over who all use the same bloody tiles around their pools that become like an ice rink as soon as they get wet
  • National Windscreens, Reading branch. Schedule an appointment to replace my badly cracked screen in over two weeks' time, confirm the day before, confirm on the morning then dont effing well turn up nor communicate their technician isnt coming after all. Call them this morning, connected to their Bristol call centre (where Sonia was very apologetic at least) after holding for over ten minutes only to be told that the glass hadn't come in and they didnt bother to let me know. I am compelled to use them as my insurer ties me in. They had better outperform from here on. Tossers.
  • The promise of a takeover that never eventuates.
  • edited May 2023
    Macronate said:
    The poxy weather in this poxy country.
    Im an end of terrace, and my end chimney and wind wall has had to be pulled down, and rebuilt after the render was taken away, and showed a lot more damage to the brickwork than was suspected

Scaffolding has been up since the end of November, couldn't get the wall repaired during winter because of the cold conditions... e.g the lime mortar wont set

Its meant there has had to be a delay until the Spring, and now it won't stop pissing raining meaning its taking longer to get everything done.

The scaffold is unfortunately taking up part of my neighbours drive (they have the choice of having it up, or the risk of our wall falling on them)... Which is understandably leaving both of us a bit irrate at the moment... If it could stop raining for just a couple of f**king weeks, we can stop being an inconvenience to everyone... But nooo... The weather doesn't want to fucking cooperate does it!!

As a footnote, it doesn't bother me because I dont have real grass in the garden - But bet this rain sticks around until the Summer, and we'll still have hosepipe bans!! 
    The fucking endless bullshit I'm having to put up with to get this end wall repaired - When we took off the original render, we always wanted to leave the brickwork showing, its a period property and find that even with the new brickwork, it looks better than having render thrown up.

We even had a Surveyors Report done between the render being removed, and the repair work started - the Engineer said we didnt need to have it re-rendered, instead there is a something that can be painted on to protect the brickwork from weathering (?)

Today we've had Building Control back out, to make sure that the Builders are doing the repair properly and to the letter - They're saying we will need to get it re-rendered at some point.

We've had BC here THREE times, we've had the Surveyors here TWICE, and this is the first fucking time we've been told about needing it rendered rather than leaving as is.

The scaffolding has already been up six months now (Our neighbour is an absolute saint as he's barely able to use his driveway to charge his electric car) - People are taking the piss now with how the goal posts are being moved about!!
  • Macronate said:
    The poxy weather in this poxy country.
    Im an end of terrace, and my end chimney and wind wall has had to be pulled down, and rebuilt after the render was taken away, and showed a lot more damage to the brickwork than was suspected

Scaffolding has been up since the end of November, couldn't get the wall repaired during winter because of the cold conditions... e.g the lime mortar wont set

Its meant there has had to be a delay until the Spring, and now it won't stop pissing raining meaning its taking longer to get everything done.

The scaffold is unfortunately taking up part of my neighbours drive (they have the choice of having it up, or the risk of our wall falling on them)... Which is understandably leaving both of us a bit irrate at the moment... If it could stop raining for just a couple of f**king weeks, we can stop being an inconvenience to everyone... But nooo... The weather doesn't want to fucking cooperate does it!!

As a footnote, it doesn't bother me because I dont have real grass in the garden - But bet this rain sticks around until the Summer, and we'll still have hosepipe bans!! 
    The fucking endless bullshit I'm having to put up with to get this end wall repaired - When we took off the original render, we always wanted to leave the brickwork showing, its a period property and find that even with the new brickwork, it looks better than having render thrown up.

We even had a Surveyors Report done between the render being removed, and the repair work started - the Engineer said we didnt need to have it re-rendered, instead there is a something that can be painted on to protect the brickwork from weathering (?)

Today we've had Building Control back out, to make sure that the Builders are doing the repair properly and to the letter - They're saying we will need to get it re-rendered at some point.

We've had BC here THREE times, we've had the Surveyors here TWICE, and this is the first fucking time we've been told about needing it rendered rather than leaving as is.

The scaffolding has already been up six months now (Our neighbour is an absolute saint as he's barely able to use his driveway to charge his electric car) - People are taking the piss now with how the goal posts are being moved about!!
    Seems to be the way with these people now. You know if they or their family were being pissed about like this they would be shouting from the rooftops, but as it isn't, they don't give a monkeys.   
  • Some twat at B&Q earlier, shaking his fist at me just because I nearly hit him in my Audi (silver if anyone's interested)
    u alright hun, text me. 
    happened to Me the another day, came out of nowhere made me drop me iPhone 33 I just got and smashed the screen, gun see if the social will pay to get it fixed.
  • Sponsored links:

• My neighbour opposite firing off his BB gun every time the flippin' sun comes out.
    Grow up and get a job FFS.
    Actually I am sure there are laws against allowing your ammo to discharge into neighbouring properties.
    And it's scaring my dog
  • That everywhere we go song that’s doing the rounds across the EFL. Thank god the seasons over otherwise we’d be loving that.
  • My neighbour opposite firing off his BB gun every time the flippin' sun comes out.
    Grow up and get a job FFS.
    Actually I am sure there are laws against allowing your ammo to discharge into neighbouring properties.
    And it's scaring my dog
    I'd call the police just to get clarification if nothing else whether it is legal or not. 
    In fact leave the BB bit out, I'm sure they would pop round for a chat if nothing else. Preferably on a Sunday afternoon for maximum neighbourhood viewing. 
  • That everywhere we go song that’s doing the rounds across the EFL. Thank god the seasons over otherwise we’d be loving that.
    Most generic fan songs that we seem to pick up. "Follow Follow Follow" is one that particularly grates. Copied from other clubs with some shocking CAFC players names squeezed in. Its bollocks.

In fact most songs that we seem to copy from others...
  • Ball bearing guns and air rifles can only be used in your own property where there is zero risk of ammunition ending up in anyone else's property. If he's got a gas/compressed air pistol and assuming he isn't using plastic ball bearings those can comfortably go through any garden fence. 

Join a fucking shooting club, they all cater for air rifles and ball bearing pistol owners 

My personal annoyance this morning is someone sending me an email, an email I'll read when I get to it, then phoning me up, when I'm not at a PC and driving to talk to me about the poxy email. The beauty with email is you can have a discussion on that

• Carter said:
    Ball bearing guns and air rifles can only be used in your own property where there is zero risk of ammunition ending up in anyone else's property. If he's got a gas/compressed air pistol and assuming he isn't using plastic ball bearings those can comfortably go through any garden fence. 

Join a fucking shooting club, they all cater for air rifles and ball bearing pistol owners 

I was picking up ball bearings from my garden last summer before I realised what they were and what was going on.
    The properties are bungalows so I can't see into his property and I have a thick red robin hedge butted up against the dividing fence.
    Once we realised what was going on, we kind of gathered from listening that he was firing from the far end of his garden towards the end that abuts ours.
    Has has some kind of metal construction like a garage which I think is open at the front and he presumably had his target set up in there.
    I suspect wayward shots were flying over the top and landing in ours.
    I started collecting the ball bearings as "evidence" and then on one occasion one fizzed over and pinged against our conservatory window. (no obvious damage or break).
    We were out there at the time so shouted over the fence that the next time we would report him. There was no doubt he would have heard.
    He didn't respond but the shooting has continued.
    Since that day I have found 2 more ball bearings, but it is possible they were already in situ from previously.
    Since he started up again this year it  "feels" like he may have switched to firing width ways across his garden"
    There have been no further metal bearings, but when I cleared the leaf litter at the weekend I found 3 much larger plastic balls which I assume are also his ammo but am not certain. Don't know what else they could be.
    I assume the just ricocheted over.
    The noise of the gun scares my little dog, but that is obviously not an offence just an annoyance.
    If I find any more ammo I will be giving plod a ring
  • Chelsea Women's manager Emma Hayes -

"I'm a football fan. I've watched how much my club has suffered this year with ownership changes, the men's team hasn't been brilliant. Chelsea fans this is for you," Hayes said in her post-match press conference.

"I hope we gave you something you can smile about it this year. The whole club, owners included," she added.

Lol, if only you knew.......

• Carter said:
    Ball bearing guns and air rifles can only be used in your own property where there is zero risk of ammunition ending up in anyone else's property. If he's got a gas/compressed air pistol and assuming he isn't using plastic ball bearings those can comfortably go through any garden fence. 

I was picking up ball bearings from my garden last summer before I realised what they were and what was going on.
    The properties are bungalows so I can't see into his property and I have a thick red robin hedge butted up against the dividing fence.
    Once we realised what was going on, we kind of gathered from listening that he was firing from the far end of his garden towards the end that abuts ours.
    Has has some kind of metal construction like a garage which I think is open at the front and he presumably had his target set up in there.
    I suspect wayward shots were flying over the top and landing in ours.
    I started collecting the ball bearings as "evidence" and then on one occasion one fizzed over and pinged against our conservatory window. (no obvious damage or break).
    We were out there at the time so shouted over the fence that the next time we would report him. There was no doubt he would have heard.
    He didn't respond but the shooting has continued.
    Since that day I have found 2 more ball bearings, but it is possible they were already in situ from previously.
    Since he started up again this year it  "feels" like he may have switched to firing width ways across his garden"
    There have been no further metal bearings, but when I cleared the leaf litter at the weekend I found 3 much larger plastic balls which I assume are also his ammo but am not certain. Don't know what else they could be.
    I assume the just ricocheted over.
    The noise of the gun scares my little dog, but that is obviously not an offence just an annoyance.
    If I find any more ammo I will be giving plod a ring
    Yeah thats out of order, put a picture up here if you want and I'm sure me and probably a dozen others will give a positive ID of what they are. What annoys me with people doing this is belive it or not there are responsible owners of things like air rifles etc although to be honest the amount of damage air rifles and ball bearing pistols can cause they should all be registered. 
  • London Transports current slogan

See it
    Say it 
    Sorted 

Constantly ringing out wherever whenever and of course the reality is, it would never be as simple as that because there’s rarely a member of staff visible.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!