Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The bloke in the My Diesel Claim advert, scripted as possibly the absolute most boring man in the world
  • People not doing the bare fucking minimum in the wedding planning process...

We've asked so little of our family and close friends throughout this process and they still manage to let you down. 

We've put all the work on ourselves and it's been a real struggle to do it all along with everything we are doing to renovate our house and a few other things going on in our lives. But we've pushed on though. 

Literally the most We've asked of some people is "here is a suit that we have bought for you to the measurements you gave us, we have hand delivered it to you. Please try it on in the next couple of days and check it fits close enough. We can all get final adjustments done a month out for no extra cost but if its majorly wrong and we need to re-order we need extra time". A month later and only 1 person has tried it on. A couple weeks later and most have but a couple of idiots haven't. One gave me the whole "I took it to my parents house to keep it safe but forgot to try it on and I'm not going back for a month". 

Fucking arsehole. Like the one thing we've asked of you is to try on the fucking suit. It's not hard. And you can't even manage that. 

At this point if it doesn't fit he's out the wedding. It's too late to exchange and I'm not paying for a whole new one. 
  • London Transports current slogan

See it
    Say it 
    Sorted 

Constantly ringing out wherever whenever and of course the reality is, it would never be as simple as that because there’s rarely a member of staff visible.
    Is that the one  "if you see something that doesn't look right, report it to a member of staff"?
    I keep wanting to say to the guard, there's a cnut over there in a Palace shirt
    It is.

We've asked so little of our family and close friends throughout this process and they still manage to let you down. 

We've put all the work on ourselves and it's been a real struggle to do it all along with everything we are doing to renovate our house and a few other things going on in our lives. But we've pushed on though. 

Literally the most We've asked of some people is "here is a suit that we have bought for you to the measurements you gave us, we have hand delivered it to you. Please try it on in the next couple of days and check it fits close enough. We can all get final adjustments done a month out for no extra cost but if its majorly wrong and we need to re-order we need extra time". A month later and only 1 person has tried it on. A couple weeks later and most have but a couple of idiots haven't. One gave me the whole "I took it to my parents house to keep it safe but forgot to try it on and I'm not going back for a month". 

Fucking arsehole. Like the one thing we've asked of you is to try on the fucking suit. It's not hard. And you can't even manage that. 

At this point if it doesn't fit he's out the wedding. It's too late to exchange and I'm not paying for a whole new one. 
    make him wear it, and hope it doesn't even slightly fit. Then string him up as a wedding pinata. 

Had to deal with enough twats when I got married 15 years ago, still get 'Nam style flashbacks
  • edited May 2023
    McBobbin said:
    People not doing the bare fucking minimum in the wedding planning process...

make him wear it, and hope it doesn't even slightly fit. Then string him up as a wedding pinata. 

Had to deal with enough twats when I got married 15 years ago, still get 'Nam style flashbacks
    hahahah

Was expecting there to be some family drama but the usual suspects have been surprisingly well behaved so far. Its the friends for the most part that have caused the issues. Wont go into details but very close to kicking one friend out dues to his attitude and complaining about everything (thats being provided for him free of charge). Very close to cutting him out, its got to the point where I cant even talk about my wedding with other friends when he is around because he will butt in (usually from across the room) and moan about something we've done or how something isnt fair on him.

The worst part is he is also getting married this year so surely he must know what its like and want people to be supportive.

Why have you bought people suits?

Just those in the wedding party. Cheaper to buy than rent. Did ask for a contribution to them but the person mentioned above threw a strop so we ended up paying the lot.

Just those in the wedding party. Cheaper to buy than rent. Did ask for a contribution to them but the person mentioned above threw a strop so we ended up paying the lot.
    you what ? 
    you dictate what they can wear and then want them to part pay for it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    MrOneLung said:

you what ? 
    you dictate what they can wear and then want them to part pay for it ?
    Its pretty common. Everytime I've been best man/usher/groomsman I've paid for my own suit in full even if its not been what I would have chosen.

We've picked very nice suits 3 piece fully adjusted/fitted - they all loved them and a couple even wanted to wear them to other weddings that were before ours. I don't think £40 towards that was unreasonable. I've paid upwards of £300 before.
  • We had a no kids rule at our wedding, first person we told "Oh but my Zack and Lisa will be okay, won't they". 

Idea abandonded, wedding in Barbados... 
  • People who are too lazy to check their own lottery tickets, stood behind some geezer for ten minutes today while the assistant passed about thirty tickets through the machine. One had won €3.87... 
  • Did the ticket get blown away and everyone in town was chasing it like in the lottery ad?
  • The Scottish Listerine donkey.

I need a new suit, any chance of an invite;)
    This did make me larf
  • MrOneLung said:
    Read receipts on emails

I dont think I have ever OK'd the "yes I have read your email" notification to go back to the sender 
    I'd like to confirm that I read this post
  • Sponsored links:

But do you need an ill fitting suit in purple latex? 
  • edited May 2023

But do you need an ill fitting suit in purple latex? 
    That'll do, I can pretend to be the artist formerly know as Prince, elder brother.
  • That suit will cost £19.99.
  • iaitch said:
    That suit will cost £19.99.
    Are you selling one, or just have a deep knowledge of the cost of purple latex, iaitch? 
  • Wanted to go to Bitch & Stitch yesterday.
    Day before I’d had been with a mate outside a pub who that evening then tested positive for Covid.
    One of the girls in B&S husband is in remission from cancer so I thought I’d better ask if she’s ok with me still going given the circumstances on the group WhatsApp.
    She was perfectly fine about it, most of the rest of the group were fine about it.
    But one girl (who grates my brain anyway) starts ranting about people not testing anymore, gallivanting about not caring, using out of date testing kits blah blah blah!

I still went, after I used an in date test which was negative, & the moaning bitch didn’t even turn up! 
    Gutted, cos I really wanted to read her her fortune 🙄
  • iaitch said:
    Are you selling one, or just have a deep knowledge of the cost of purple latex, iaitch? 
    Not at all but Prince had a hit with 1999.
  • iaitch said:
    iaitch said:
    It's not £19.99, but you can party like it is.
  • iaitch said:
    iaitch said:
    I fear I have been Whooshed...  :D  
  • Deodorant cans that suddenly decide to be mini foam fire extinguishers and spray that white powder out despite being shaken etc.
  • The phrase "You'll learn it at GCSE/A Level/Uni", then you go into the exam, and they say "You should have learnt that years ago!"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!