Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Vicars littering 
    Wombles womberling
  • edited June 2023
    Vicars littering 
    New prog rock band? 

Would make a great band name. I created a made up emo band on myspace a few years back. 'Tears bleed black' was the band. Thought it was a great name for an emo band. 
  • Foxycafc said:
    Whoever at Sky Sports chooses the team descriptors for the top left of the screen.

Carlisle United = CUT ???
    Stockport County = SPC ???

CUFC v SCFC…
    The city of Colchester wants a word with you
    And to be fair, the city of Stoke as well.

Second best alternative (based on current three letter abbreviations) would be CAR v STK. That has to be infinitely more sensible than CUT v SPC
    Salford City too 
  • edited June 2023
    But it doesn't matter what other teams have the same initials, it's completely irrelevant because they aren't playing. The only time it would matter would be if two teams with the same initials played each other.

Anyway, in this day and age don't people have enough screenspace to display full names, why are we keeping it short still?
  • All the fiddly little bits in a fresh pineapple when you cut it up trying not to lose too much
  • Cling film. Whoever designed it didn't take ham fisted f***ers like me into consideration. Never have got the hang of using it properly to seal things.
    there are so many NSFW images I want to post in reply to this !!
  • Cling film. Whoever designed it didn't take ham fisted f***ers like me into consideration. Never have got the hang of using it properly to seal things.
    Store it in the freezer. Reduces static and stops it sticking to itself when you rip it.
    Store it in the freezer. Reduces static and stops it sticking to itself when you rip it.
    Also helps if you butter it before you use it

#lifehacks
  • Supposed to take off at 07.50am. Problem with the plane. Kicked off an hour and half later. Back in the terminal with the wife and 2 year old. Wife dropped the bottle of spiced rum I got from duty free. No idea when we will get going. Holiday is off to a cracker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now the staff have lost my passport as I needed to get out to go for a piss.
  • Are you there yet ? 
  • Supposed to take off at 07.50am. Problem with the plane. Kicked off an hour and half later. Back in the terminal with the wife and 2 year old. Wife dropped the bottle of spiced rum I got from duty free. No idea when we will get going. Holiday is off to a cracker.
    I assume you conceded it was indeed your fault that happened 😉
  • MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    Yes. Wallys eventually found my passport. Then we got told to go back up to departures to collect £10 each for non alcoholic drinks 🙄 and food. So we ended up getting a wagamamas for lunch and the plane took off around 14.30. So just over 6 hours delayed.
  • Trying to work out what plastic sacks on the shelf to buy. We have round bins, square bins, oval bins, tall bins and short bins - sometimes we strike lucky and a sack stretches over the rim without splitting, falling into the bin or leaving an unsightly overhang. 
  • Trying to work out what plastic sacks on the shelf to buy. We have round bins, square bins, oval bins, tall bins and short bins - sometimes we strike lucky and a sack stretches over the rim without splitting, falling into the bin or leaving an unsightly overhang. 
    S'pose you could measure the size of your bins by pouring water in using a 2 litre coke bottle.  Just trying to help  :)

30 Litre Raith.

• I need France to beat Greece for a six fold and a seven fold. Clicked onto my bookie's site only to see that although France are winning 1-0, there's 14 bloody minutes of injury time
  • MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    Yes. Wallys eventually found my passport. Then we got told to go back up to departures to collect £10 each for non alcoholic drinks 🙄 and food. So we ended up getting a wagamamas for lunch and the plane took off around 14.30. So just over 6 hours delayed.
    @O-Randy-Hunt if you don't mind joining the compensation culture make sure you claim for the delay as it sounds like it was the airlines fault. A lot of airlines make it very difficult to claim (Wizz Air definately) but worth pursuing. Applicable law explained here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
  • MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    @O-Randy-Hunt if you don't mind joining the compensation culture make sure you claim for the delay as it sounds like it was the airlines fault. A lot of airlines make it very difficult to claim (Wizz Air definately) but worth pursuing. Applicable law explained here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
    The Mrs has already been on it mate 👍 bank details given. Getting £220 back each which I believe is including our 2 year old. So £660 back to pay towards the next one. Every cloud.
  • Sponsored links:

• People saying 'Buzzing or Awesome' when clearly not remotely so.
  • The twat at the end of the William Hill advert that shouts 'this is epic'.
  • The use of the word pop in strange new ways: 'the Dow popped 1.2% this morning', 'the colours on that chair you painted really pop now'
    It's enough to make me tut
  • That Money for Nothing programme. 
    1) Arthur Smith is possibly the least comedic comedian ever, utterly lame 'jokes'
    2) Almost everything is made into a lamp. Just let the poor people throw their shit away
  • Hayfever.

Never normally suffer that badly, cheap supermarket antihistamine and I'm absolutely fine.

But this year has been evil - feel like I've had a blocked nose and puffy eyes etc for weeks now.

Anyone else found it really bad this year?
  • Hayfever.

Never normally suffer that badly, cheap supermarket antihistamine and I'm absolutely fine.

But this year has been evil - feel like I've had a blocked nose and puffy eyes etc for weeks now.

I suffer every year but this year I've had it extra bad. Even waking up in the middle of the night with it. Don't get it abroad though.
  • edited June 2023
    Hayfever.

I suffer every year but this year I've had it extra bad. Even waking up in the middle of the night with it. Don't get it abroad though.
    I blame Brexit.

• Hayfever.

Interesting, I never use to get it but it has developed over the last few years. I don’t get puffy eyes but bloody sneezing and stuff caught in the back of the throat that make you want to cough up all the time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!