Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Charity door knockers. They are not doing it for the charity they are doing it for them to earn a wage. The scene in Afterlife when Ricky Gervais' character puts one of those muppets in their place is perfect. In fact I'm not sure what annoys me more, the fact that charity is needed for so, so many things or the fact that that practice has become viable employment
  • Now is the time of year when we are asked for money to get people of the streets over Christmas.Can someone please explain to me ,why we are letting our own citizens sleep in cardboard boxes,and yet anyone arriving by boat over the channel,will get 4 star hotels ,money and generally be looked after.I guarantee Welby and his bleeding heart brigade would be up in arms if he discovered a poor illegal immigrant abandoned on the streets,but not a word about his own people.Ask a street sleeper if he would like a bed 3 meals a day,warm shower on a very large floating barge and I bet they would jump at it.
    I am well aware that some of our street population may have chosen this way of lifeI am also sure that not all the boat people are from war torn countries or are being persecuted.
    Charity begins at home.
    Probably one for the politics thread, thickandthin63. 

Or go elsewhere and research whether immigration centres are really lovely 4 star hotels, research the relative fiscal contributions of the immigrant population v the native one, and research the stats for how much harder it is for immigrants experiencing homelessness to get any sort of support.
    Whatever standard immigration centres are,it must be better than a cardboard box in the pissing down of rain.Probably would be better under politics thread,but it annoys me that so much attention is given to the welfare of illegal immigrants ,rather than our own sufferers.
    You know they're Illegal?
    The ones that come in boats certainly are I would have thought that was obvious.
    And you are wrong to have thought that. 
  • edited November 2023
    Now is the time of year when we are asked for money to get people of the streets over Christmas.Can someone please explain to me ,why we are letting our own citizens sleep in cardboard boxes,and yet anyone arriving by boat over the channel,will get 4 star hotels ,money and generally be looked after.I guarantee Welby and his bleeding heart brigade would be up in arms if he discovered a poor illegal immigrant abandoned on the streets,but not a word about his own people.Ask a street sleeper if he would like a bed 3 meals a day,warm shower on a very large floating barge and I bet they would jump at it.
    I am well aware that some of our street population may have chosen this way of lifeI am also sure that not all the boat people are from war torn countries or are being persecuted.
    Charity begins at home.
    Probably one for the politics thread, thickandthin63. 

Or go elsewhere and research whether immigration centres are really lovely 4 star hotels, research the relative fiscal contributions of the immigrant population v the native one, and research the stats for how much harder it is for immigrants experiencing homelessness to get any sort of support.
    Whatever standard immigration centres are,it must be better than a cardboard box in the pissing down of rain.Probably would be better under politics thread,but it annoys me that so much attention is given to the welfare of illegal immigrants ,rather than our own sufferers.
    You know they're Illegal?
    The ones that come in boats certainly are I would have thought that was obvious.
    And you are wrong to have thought that. 
    Not quite as black and white as "illegal" or "not illegal".

Courtesy of Channel 4 fact check:-

Under existing British law, it’s illegal to enter the country without a visa or special permission. That means someone who reaches the UK on a small boat could face up to four years in prison.

But people who make the Channel crossing are protected by international law if they claim asylum once they arrive.

That means they can’t be punished while their application is being considered – and if they’re successful, they won’t be prosecuted for the way they arrived.

So, arriving by small boat is only illegal if you don’t claim asylum – or if you make an asylum claim and it’s rejected.

• Amazon delivery - they don't even bother to knock or ring the doorbell - I've been in the house so many times recently when they have delivered and I'll just get a message to either say they have left it on the doorstep (in full view on a fairly busy road) or they have chucked it behind the bin. I presume they are trying to save the 30 seconds they would have spent knocking on the door and waiting for someone to come and take the parcel.
  • edited November 2023
    Amazon delivery - they don't even bother to knock or ring the doorbell - I've been in the house so many times recently when they have delivered and I'll just get a message to either say they have left it on the doorstep (in full view on a fairly busy road) or they have chucked it behind the bin. I presume they are trying to save the 30 seconds they would have spent knocking on the door and waiting for someone to come and take the parcel.
    I found it even worse in the US. We ordered a big screen TV and when it came, my missus was in alone. She saw the bloke coming up the path so went to the door. He didn’t ring the doorbell and by the time she got to the door he was literally sprinting back to his van to avoid helping her in with it. And I’m using ‘literally’ correctly.
    She even called after him and he just blanked her and drove off.
  • My sister in law swears quite a lot, it irritates me when over used, trouble is my wife who speaks to her most nights on the phone, (she is very lonely) , is picking up the habit,  before someone says it I'll try and chill out FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not me, but guy at work has just watched someone steal his car off of his driveway via his ring doorbell camera !!!

• Carter said:
    Charity door knockers. They are not doing it for the charity they are doing it for them to earn a wage. The scene in Afterlife when Ricky Gervais' character puts one of those muppets in their place is perfect. In fact I'm not sure what annoys me more, the fact that charity is needed for so, so many things or the fact that that practice has become viable employment
    This a million times over. The false energy and matey bollocks is one thing, but the times they do it is bullshit. I get they want people indoors, but I’m often up doing the kids bath time or tea time. Makes me actively not want to donate, and I’m sure there are a lot more grumpy than me. 

They go through an assessment centre near my head office and stay in the same hotel we usually do, so I already can’t stand them as they fill it up. 

One night my boss was in there, the kids on the assessment centre kept him up til 3am before he had to shout at them, he mentioned it to the hotel manager at breakfast, more out of conversation than anything. Anyway his phone rang that afternoon, it was the hotel saying they’d let the company know about the behaviour and they’d all been terminated on the spot! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Not me, but guy at work has just watched someone steal his car off of his driveway via his ring doorbell camera !!!

A couple of years ago a guy was trying to break in to my place. Luckily all was secure. Still scary when there’s nothing I could have done as I wasn’t in the country. 

• edited November 2023
    The amount of times recently I’ve encountered a missing pull tab on a plastic milk carton like this:

Whoever has the task of installing these tabs is not doing their job to the best of their ability.
  • Private numbers from hospitals that you unavoidably miss. They never leave a message but I know its from the hospital.
    So i have to ring them up, explain who I am, get told by a receptionist they don't know who called you but will leave a message on the system for someone (who knows who and if you miss it you will never know) to call you back. 

Why cant they leave a voicemail saying who they are, what they want and the best number to get back to them with? 
    They have less work to do this way.
    They record on the system that they phoned you and there was no answer - end of.
    They even do this when they haven't phoned you and pretend they have phoned you (I have proof of this and am talking about King's College Trust NHS).
  • Bloody Amazon have now "Left it in the letterbox" and of course there is nothing there. Can't even complain for 24 hours - standard message of check everywhere around your house - pretty sure we only have one letterbox!
  • T_C_E said:
    When one collar isn’t enough to prevent your dog reopening a wound on her flank. 

Look at the bright side - ain’t gonna drown, even in stormy seas 😀

But being serious - our previous boy (English Springer Spaniel - Scooby) - had a lot of problems / surgeries) - my word, he could twist himself to get to stitches etc - he ended up with a ridiculous sized cone - fucking huge - my ankles and calf’s are still recovering !!!
  • Current England football tactics.
    Pass back Stephens would have fecking loved playing in this squad 😩😩😩😩
  • Solidgone said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Not me, but guy at work has just watched someone steal his car off of his driveway via his ring doorbell camera !!!

A couple of years ago a guy was trying to break in to my place. Luckily all was secure. Still scary when there’s nothing I could have done as I wasn’t in the country. 

Did the scumbag get caught?
  • Solidgone said:
    MrOneLung said:

He was an attempt. The police wouldn’t be able to do anything as there is no clear view of the mug’s mug. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Solidgone said:
    MrOneLung said:

He was an attempt. The police wouldn’t be able to do anything as there is no clear view of the mug’s mug. 
    Shame. Hopefully he didn't do much damage in his attempt.
  • I have never seen a booby on the beat, surely there should be two 🤣
  • Quick edit....
  • Had some tosser trying to break into my house a few years back. Saw him fiddling with a window as I drove past the house. Parked up the street and walked down. Caught him in the garden. He said he was just concerned that no one answered the door and wanted to make sure everything was alright. Told him don't talk shit I know what you are trying to do. He then pulled out a screwdriver which he was using to open the window. Had a scuffle with him as he was cornered in the garden. Managed to cause enough damage to slow him down. The one and only time I have ever seen a bobby on the beat when you want them happened to be walking down my road. He chased after him and nicked him. 
    Went to court but because he didn't actually break in he got away with that but he did get done for previous burglaries.  
    Good man yerself 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • When you're on holiday and the stuff in the shops have no price tags. Fuckers just make the prices up depending on what mood they are in.
  • Special price for you my friend.
  • The recent ios update. Absolute garbage from Apple. Volume has a mind of its own. Wifi/bluetooth connectivity is shocking. Some (Apple own)apps don’t even work. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!