Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    DaveMehmet said:

I knew this would happen. And my money was on you Dave. 😂

People on Charltonlife who type their response in the quote box.
    Quote what you want to respond to, then type your answer below that.

Pisses me off too 

• Options
    edited December 2023
    A big gripe for me is commentators and pundits failing to call out and ridicule play acting - specifically when footballers go down like they’ve been shot, and replays show clearly that it was minimal contact, if any.
    Footballers should be embarrassed when they do this, but it is very rarely called out for what it is by the commentary team. They should be laying it on thick, using language like “pathetic”, “embarrassing”, “cheating”, “unsportsmanlike” etc.
    They simply don’t say much about it and as a result, it’s considered to be just a part of the game.
    If players start getting ridiculed for it, they might do it a bit less.

The play acting itself is a bigger gripe, but I do think the media could do more to embarrass the culprits.
    Agree with all that.

It's when the commentator says 'he had every right to go down' that pisses me off.
  • Options
    Etihad advertising St Petersburg as a destination on the advertising hoardings at Man City.
  • Options
    Getting knocked out the cup and someone saying we would've got In the next round
  • Options
    Posts that don’t make sense.
  • Options
    Etihad advertising St Petersburg as a destination on the advertising hoardings at Man City.
    Should be Stalingrad, right?
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Leningrad 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Leningrad 
    Petrograd actually...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, shouldn't be any of them. Annoyed to see adverts supporting travel to a terrorist state...
  • Options
    Actually, shouldn't be any of them. Annoyed to see adverts supporting travel to a terrorist state...
    See Disneyland stuff all the time….
  • Options

• Options
    Can opened, worms everywhere.
  • Options
    Globe trotters that say in response to have you been to [country]. Yeah I’ve done [country]. Then find out they’ve only been there for a couple of weeks or so. Unless it’s a tiny island i doubt whether anyone can say I’ve done a particular country. 
    I
  • Options
    Or people on all inclusive deals that never leave the hotel.
  • Options
    Or only eat english food and frequent english themed establishments when abroad, why not just stay at home?
  • Options
    Or only eat english food and frequent english themed establishments when abroad, why not just stay at home?
    maybe they are going away for the guaranteed sunshine, swimming pools, beach, family entertainment, and food and drink they have already paid for ?
  • Options
    "Happy Holidays, and a Happy Christmas to those of you who celebrate it..."

The actual phrase used today at the end of a teleconference I was on. 

I closed the call from our side with a "Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you all as well". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So every Christmas my wife and her siblings and partners all go back to their parents house for a few days either side of Christmas. Generally we have a lovely time, play board games eat loads, drink and have a laugh.

Sounds great so what's the thing that annoys me?

That my wife and her 2 siblings all grown adults well in their late 20s or 30s all immediately revert to a complete childlike state upon returning to their house. Won't clear up after themselves, moan about emptying the dishwasher bicker about who ate the last bit of cheese, get all stroppy when they don't get their way. It's embarrassing and cringey. None of them seem to see the pressure they're putting on their mum in trying to accommodate them all and simultaneously clean up after them.
  • Options
    So every Christmas my wife and her siblings and partners all go back to their parents house for a few days either side of Christmas. Generally we have a lovely time, play board games eat loads, drink and have a laugh.

Sounds great so what's the thing that annoys me?

That my wife and her 2 siblings all grown adults well in their late 20s or 30s all immediately revert to a complete childlike state upon returning to their house. Won't clear up after themselves, moan about emptying the dishwasher bicker about who ate the last bit of cheese, get all stroppy when they don't get their way. It's embarrassing and cringey. None of them seem to see the pressure they're putting on their mum in trying to accommodate them all and simultaneously clean up after them.
    Can't you partners organise an intervention...  :D

( I can see that ending well  ;)  ) 
  • Options
    The Devil looking after his own.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
     But if you are on mobile and accidentally backspace/delete it goes into the box and you cannot get the cursor back into the main box. 

You have to go into Full Site and then go Into my drafts and then delete from there. 

Too much of a pain in the ass 
    You can delete on mobile and start again. Done it plenty of times. 
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Saturday night TV - Graham Norton - Denise Van Outen - Surfing on a Saturday Night when I should be out having a beer but I'm broke - My Boiler that has broken down and is going to cost me a packet and I'm broke - Jody from that series with Norton - Everything.

Fifteen bloody years this thread has been going and the bloody boiler went again! RIP Ideal Standard
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Talal said:
    MrOneLung said:
     But if you are on mobile and accidentally backspace/delete it goes into the box and you cannot get the cursor back into the main box. 

You have to go into Full Site and then go Into my drafts and then delete from there. 

Too much of a pain in the ass 
    You can delete on mobile and start again. Done it plenty of times. 
    Start posts with a space, then it doesn't do the jump into the box thing if you delete.

You can delete the space if you don't make a mistake!
  • Options
    Michael Buble
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    .Stig said:
    Those printed yearly updates inside Christmas cards giving you too much information about distant relatives.

I don't need to know that my 3rd cousin passed an accountancy exam, that his sister went to Marseille in April, or that Brian who used to work with my Dad has a bad back and a prostate issue so it's been a tough year.
    Thanks for letting us know though. I can’t speak for everyone but I, for one, have been quite worried about about Brian.
    It's alright, he did get to visit Eastbourne in June, and his grandson got a new hamster after the incident the year before, so not all bad.