Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    breaking in a new belt
  • Options
    The company that claims to be Always Discreet whilst talking about heavy pee pants on national TV.  :/
  • Options
    Michael Appleton.
  • Options
    How after all this time, people still reply to Ronnie Moore's posts. 
  • Options
    edited January 8
    This...

It's New Years Day and the local Tesco is trying to flog me Easter Eggs. Give us a week or two to get Christmas out of the system! 
    Bit harsh on Jesus, innit?  Still supposed to be on day 7 of celebrating him being born and they are onto celebrating him dying.

From what I've read he was never destined for a long life.
  • Options
    edited January 10
    That 4G signal where I live in South London is so shockingly bad and unreliable. 

Made even more frustrating by the fact that before Christmas I spent 3 weeks sailing the Caribbean and when we were 15 miles from the nearest inhabited island I had perfect 4G. But no getting a reliable signal in New Eltham is too much to ask.
  • Options
    Downloading a load of CDs onto a USB, and carefully doing it so that the boxed set of five Dr. Feelgood albums I got for Christmas are interspersed with other LPs. Then when I play it back, the computer has decided to group them all together so I get sixty odd Dr. Feelgood tracks one after the other... 
  • Options
    When it’s freezing cold, you need a public toilet, find one and it’s locked.
  • Options
    Every time Paul Elliotts or anyone else's name gets mentioned it has to accompanied by MBE CBE or whatever.

As if we should automatically defer to them as being superior, when we know today, just about every tom dick and harry get's given them, without it necessarily being justified!
  • Options
    Local authorities imposing new restrictions supposedly for the residents' benefit, that 90+% of those residents rejected, restrictions that also pull the rug from under the borough's bigger employers/businesses.  And that authority won't be making money out of it.  They quote an air quality 'justification' but the restrictions in no small part just move the alleged issue to other parts of the same borough.  They serve us apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every time Paul Elliotts or anyone else's name gets mentioned it has to accompanied by MBE CBE or whatever.

As if we should automatically defer to them as being superior, when we know today, just about every tom dick and harry get's given them, without it necessarily being justified!

Deference or acknowledgement? (the latter on the basis that the gong is deserved...).
  • Options
    Football highlights that don’t have the timer on the screen at all times, BBC and Sky being the main ones here. TNT/BT can manage it so I don’t see why the rest don’t. 

I’m currently watching last night’s Match Of The Day, Newcastle have gone 2-1 up, if there was a clock on the screen then I’d be thinking wow, they’ve gone from one down to two up in a matter of minutes, but no they can’t manage that. 

See also the Jeremey Vine show on Channel 5 where they have the phone number on the screen at all times with the dialing code as 0207 when it should be just 020. 
  • Options

When coming out with a facetious remark over text but it has been misconstrued by people who should know you better. Then having to explain the joke or you forever look like a heartless bastard. So as i'm too lazy to try and explain my comment, people just take me for a heartless bastard. 

• Options
    When someone puts up a photo of Joe Aribo and I'm thinking "What's all that about ?"

And again, and again .....

Then, a few minures ago, it "came up again"....

Clearly, it's been a while. 
  • Options
    The Corsa advert on Radio X. It's an immediate switch off.
  • Options
    Foxes. Little ginger w⚓️s. One in the middle of the night found it hilarious by doing laps of the street screaming its cock off. One minute you could hear it down the end of the street. Then it's outside my house then back down the other end.

Might be screaming its fanny off, it's mating season for the little beggars.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Deference or acknowledgement? (the latter on the basis that the gong is deserved...).
    But does it have to be continually mentioned throughout an article, once is enough surely.
  • Options
    The Blackwall Tunnel closing all the f-ing time.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Octopus Energy adverts on the radio with the 'real' customers ringing in😡
    On every single ad break on Heart 90s; drives me and my work oppos insane
  • Options
    That as a newly married couple visiting my in laws we constantly get the lecture about having children. Even more so now that my wife's sister has a 6 month old. Even more annoying is that as a couple that doesn't want children the assumption is always that we haven't thought it through and any actual reason we might give for this is just written off. When in actual fact the opposit is true  its because we've thought it through that we don't want children. We've weighed it up and have so many valid reasons for making the choice we have such as the economic, social, political and environmental circumstances that will face the next generation. The financial and time costs to us in a challenging world as well as being acutely aware of our own mental health and generational childhood traumas and the damage of passing these on.

We have plenty of reasons all valid. We aren't just gonna have kids in an attempt to fulfil some of our own unmet emotional needs as so many of our parents generation did. Now piss off and let us live life 
    Still think you will regret it though, especially in your later life. Children give so much to couples. 
  • Options
    That as a newly married couple visiting my in laws we constantly get the lecture about having children. Even more so now that my wife's sister has a 6 month old. Even more annoying is that as a couple that doesn't want children the assumption is always that we haven't thought it through and any actual reason we might give for this is just written off. When in actual fact the opposit is true  its because we've thought it through that we don't want children. We've weighed it up and have so many valid reasons for making the choice we have such as the economic, social, political and environmental circumstances that will face the next generation. The financial and time costs to us in a challenging world as well as being acutely aware of our own mental health and generational childhood traumas and the damage of passing these on.

We have plenty of reasons all valid. We aren't just gonna have kids in an attempt to fulfil some of our own unmet emotional needs as so many of our parents generation did. Now piss off and let us live life 
    We used to get this a lot, it’s annoying. I was 30 when I met my now wife and although she’s a few years younger than me, we were later than most to settle down. Initially we weren’t going to have kids and got sick of being asked “when are you going to have a baby”? Even one of my mums friends asked me when I was going to give her a grandchild.

We ended up changing our minds, and whilst I’m glad we did, I can see why people choose not to.
  • Options

Still think you will regret it though, especially in your later life. Children give so much to couples. 
    Lol you either forgot a smiley or have completely missed the point of my post. It isn't and shouldn't be about what they give to me or add to my life (that's where so many of our parents generation went wrong and why there are so many generational mental health issues - a friend training to be a psychiatrist wrote her PHD research paper on it and it was an interesting read) it should be about raising a human of the future and whether you can give them the best opportunities or whether you want to put them through the situation in the world. 
    Mate, I love your contributions on here. All I would say is never say never. 

I'm in my sixties now, but honestly the older I get I realise how much is learned through life experiences. It's the only advice I  can give  to my two lads who are slightly older than yourself. 

Besides my 4 months old grand daughter is going to find the answer to climate change. 🙃