Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Had some tosser trying to break into my house a few years back. Saw him fiddling with a window as I drove past the house. Parked up the street and walked down. Caught him in the garden. He said he was just concerned that no one answered the door and wanted to make sure everything was alright. Told him don't talk shit I know what you are trying to do. He then pulled out a screwdriver which he was using to open the window. Had a scuffle with him as he was cornered in the garden. Managed to cause enough damage to slow him down. The one and only time I have ever seen a bobby on the beat when you want them happened to be walking down my road. He chased after him and nicked him. 
    Went to court but because he didn't actually break in he got away with that but he did get done for previous burglaries.  
    Good man yerself 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    When you're on holiday and the stuff in the shops have no price tags. Fuckers just make the prices up depending on what mood they are in.
  • Options
    Special price for you my friend.
  • Options
    The recent ios update. Absolute garbage from Apple. Volume has a mind of its own. Wifi/bluetooth connectivity is shocking. Some (Apple own)apps don’t even work. 
  • Options
    In the same vein, the inability to set a timer on silent mode on iphone. Easy as anything on the old Nokia 3310, but this box of 1001 things I don't actually need doesn't do it. 
  • Options
    The recent ios update. Absolute garbage from Apple. Volume has a mind of its own. Wifi/bluetooth connectivity is shocking. Some (Apple own)apps don’t even work. 

You could have one of those models assembled on a Friday afternoon by cheap labour in the Apple factory.  The working conditions are so bad they've allegedly erected anti suicide nets to stop the staff jumping off. They've started sabotaging phones. No contract should say 'suicide, drink and drugs are strictly prohibited'.  They can't afford to pay their staff and treat them with respect, but they can afford to spunk millions on glossy shite like Ted Lasso.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/18/foxconn-life-death-forbidden-city-longhua-suicide-apple-iphone-brian-merchant-one-device-extract 

They can't assemble them in America because the mistreatment would be illegal.

They charge premium prices while exploiting sweatshop labour. Take it into an Apple store and get one of those ITwat brainwashed cultish gurus to have a look at it.  They'll turn it off and on again. Then shove it sideways.  

Sent from my Untarnished iPhone, assembled in a plant free from suicide.
  • Options
    The bloke on Dr Ranj's Grapetree advert who asks "excuse me but do you also know the price of these walnuts?" before slithering off with the requested information.
    I wish the good doctor would reply with "Yes mate, and you cant afford them, now fuck the fuck off, you beardy tosser".
    But he never does.

• Options
    Stewards at football matches standing on the second down step in a stairwell at the end of a match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The brass neck of David Walliams.

He is suing BGT bosses over the transcript of his vile comments being released to the public.  Private conversations he says.  I'm sure Russell Brand would say similar for his privacy.
    'Good Gord Almighty', as my old Nan would've said. 

David Walliams calls someone a C. U. Next Tuesday and gets paid out a million pounds for his trouble! I really hope he doesn't work on the show again.  
  • Options
    Stewards at football matches standing on the second down step in a stairwell at the end of a match.
    You could have just finished after the first four words tbh.
  • Options
    writing a post on CL and successfully clicking [Post Comment]
    then next time I log in the complete post is sitting in my Drafts folder as if I'd never clicked [Post Comment]
  • Options
    This. They stand there blocking the stairwell to stop fans blocking the stairwell.
  • Options
    THIS IS NOT A POLITICS THREAD.
  • Options
    I donated 12 Charlton shirts last year to the schools football team for training, just found out they've sat in the cupboard since the requested photo was taken this time last year.
    What is it with PE teachers FFS.

• Options
    This - which is it hi-tech twats? It can't be fucking both can it... 

• Options

Never mind all that @Algarveaddick how did that body shaver work out for you? Up to the manscaping task required?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Queueing etiquette. More specifically those numpties who insist on invading one's personal space at the till or checkout. Even before Covid it used to wind me up.

You're waiting for the person in front of you to finish their transaction at the counter and leave, but the person behind you is right up your jacksie, breathing their disease ridden, tobacco stenched halitosis down the back of your neck. All the while whacking the back of your knees with their basket. Like this is going to get them to the till quicker. Just take a step back! 

Often old ladies in my experience I'm afraid to say, somewhat limiting my available responses to their frotting. 
    Don't get me started on the free for all at bus stops! Really pisses me orf.
  • Options

Never mind all that @Algarveaddick how did that body shaver work out for you? Up to the manscaping task required?
    That's for the mother-in-law's beard. I need the industrial strength version for my legs...   
  • Options
    Too much cranberry sauce ruining Christmas food.

I don't mind cranberry sauce (although bread sauce is much better), a thin layer on a Christmas sandwich is pretty nice.  But they absolutely ladle the stuff in now, feels like about half the filling is cranberry sauce and it makes them way too sweet.
  • Options
    People on Charltonlife who type their response in the quote box.
    Quote what you want to respond to, then type your answer below that.
  • Options
    People on Charltonlife who type their response in the quote box.
    Quote what you want to respond to, then type your answer below that.

Pisses me off too 

And me

• Options
    The FA Cup draws where the presenter had to give an 'interesting' fact about each team

Norwich came out and she said they made it to the third round last season, they didn't make it anywhere they started in the third round.

• Options
    Brits who spell “arse” as “ass”.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    iaitch said:
    The FA Cup draws where the presenter had to give an 'interesting' fact about each team

Norwich came out and she said they made it to the third round last season, they didn't make it anywhere they started in the third round.

Important as well to have ex-winners of the FA Cup doing the draw, even if one of them is a winner of the Women’s FA Cup, an entirely different competition.