Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    When you go to the supermarket, there is always someone getting in the way, standing in front of what you need or picking up stuff reading the labels. 
  • Options
    The increasing use of the incorrect 'step foot' in place of 'set foot'.
  • Options
    Air hand dryers where the heating element has blown and they don't ever replace it.  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Middle lane hoggers, but in particular those who pootle along 20 mph under the limit. This is one of the things mainland Europeans do get right (even though they only tend to have 2 lanes), they overtake and get straight back over. 

Blokes I share the driving on long journeys with at work do it, they both go into a daydream and sit in the middle lane doing 60 mph, not even realising the irate drivers in the cars that frequently undertaking them. They will not drive in the inside line at any cost. Explained a to them a few time that I was taught the middle and outside lanes are for overtaking only, but they won't have it
    Thanks @Gribbo I’ve leant that it’s pootle and not poodle. 

#nevergiveuplearning 
  • Options
    Putting a new razor blade on your shaver which then due to it being significantly sharper than you previous blade, which has not been replaced for several weeks, ends up tearing bits out of your face and neck. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have a 'like' for gommos. Haven't heard that for years.
  • Options
    Also on an overtaking/speed on motorways theme:

Lorry drivers who overtake a slow moving lorry on a two lane road, but then proceed to take ten minutes to get past the slower lorry. If it takes that long to get past him, you didn’t need to overtake, you selfish prick. Either pootle along behind him and get to your destination 200 miles away one minute later or wait until there’s no traffic to hold up before making the move. 
    I suspect with lorries it might have something to do with the mandatory breaks they have to take. Don't get angry, give them some space and remember they are doing an important and difficult job.  o:)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Also on an overtaking/speed on motorways theme:

Lorry drivers who overtake a slow moving lorry on a two lane road, but then proceed to take ten minutes to get past the slower lorry. If it takes that long to get past him, you didn’t need to overtake, you selfish prick. Either pootle along behind him and get to your destination 200 miles away one minute later or wait until there’s no traffic to hold up before making the move. 
    I suspect with lorries it might have something to do with the mandatory breaks they have to take. Don't get angry, give them some space and remember they are doing an important and difficult job.  o:)
    Oh, don’t get me wrong. I know it must be a tough job and I have nothing against lorry drivers per se. Also, I don’t allow myself to drive angry, so don’t worry about that.

But I’m not sure the mandatory breaks argument holds water. How would spending 10 minutes overtaking a lorry, effectively gaining about 50 extra feet in that time help with the mandatory breaks situation?
  • Options
    Putting a new razor blade on your shaver which then due to it being significantly sharper than you previous blade, which has not been replaced for several weeks, ends up tearing bits out of your face and neck. 

True. Never use a new blade on your Goolies.

• Options
    People charging through tube station to get the departing train, even though there's another train in 2 minutes, then another 2 minutes after that
  • Options
    But that 2 mins could make you miss your connection. Not all trains are every 2 mins.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    JaShea99 said:
    But that 2 mins could make you miss your connection. Not all trains are every 2 mins.
    I'm talkng about the lines that are every two minutes though.

Think there's far too many for them all to be rushing for a connection of some sort, or due to something out of their control. But anyway, weren't expecting any push-back on this, just find the people who charge through tube stations, craming onto packed trains etc etc, when there's clearly another train in 2 / 3 / 4 minutes time, generally annoying. 

So, people that always run late is another general thing that annoys me, but obviously only when it's due to reasons out of their control. 🙄
  • Options

I’m talking about the overground though. If your overground train to wherever is hourly (or worse) and you’re cutting it fine, 2 mins could be the difference between making that overground or having to wait an hour for the next one (without a seat res).

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

I’m talking about the overground though. If your overground train to wherever is hourly (or worse) and you’re cutting it fine, 2 mins could be the difference between making that overground or having to wait an hour for the next one (without a seat res).

Yeah I know what you mean. Done it through Paris loads, if the connection is a choice 1 hrs gap or 4 hrs gap, I'll choose the 4 hrs so I've got enough time to get the Metro or, allowing for traffic, in a cab. But my point is, not every person is slapping their leather soles through the tube station, to make a connecting (overground) train or plane etc. and it's the ones that aren't, who I find annoying. I don't lose any sleep over it or anything, just thought it worthy of adding to the thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gardening / work gloves. 

Why do they wear out with finger holes in such short time?
  • Options
    Having towels blow off the line so I have to wash them again. Then putting them over the line with a dozen pegs to hold them in place, and coming home to find the bleeding washing line has snapped... 🤬🙄  
  • Options
    Having towels blow off the line so I have to wash them again. Then putting them over the line with a dozen pegs to hold them in place, and coming home to find the bleeding washing line has snapped... 🤬🙄  
    Get wifey to do it Perry 😏 
  • Options
    Get wifey to do it Perry 😏 
    You can tell her mate. Good luck... :D In fairness, she does the ironing, so I get away lightly.
  • Options
    Its one of my pikey neighbours firing up their stinking pizza oven just as the washing has gone out that is a particular pain in the dick 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Its one of my pikey neighbours firing up their stinking pizza oven just as the washing has gone out that is a particular pain in the dick 
    Pizza ovens are world class and i wont hear a bad word about them!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    They do more to ravage the air quality than a non ULEZ motor. Nice pizzas come out of them though 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:
    They do more to ravage the air quality than a non ULEZ motor. Nice pizzas come out of them though 
    Not if you use properly sourced fuel, mine uses wood pellets which are sustainable and only sourced from forest management rather than any deforestation. They also burn very clean.