Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited March 10
    McGinn gets a straight red for taking out Udogie with an awful tackle.

Micah Richards in the studio says 'I know McGinn and he's not that type of player'.

No comeback from the presenter, maybe they could say if he's not that type of player why did he commit a terrible tackle.

• Options
    When I'm exporting a file from Adobe Premiere Pro and it f**king well hangs on at 100% for a bloody age without actually completing.

I mean if its not completed it shouldn't have reached 100% should it Adobe!! 
  • Options
    When I'm exporting a file from Adobe Premiere Pro and it f**king well hangs on at 100% for a bloody age without actually completing.

I mean if it’s not completed it shouldn't have reached 100% should it Adobe!! 
    Linked to this the current trend to say ‘100 per cent’ when agreeing with someone. 😡
  • Options
    The sheer number of plonkers that seem to have no comprehension of a box junction, or are so fecking impatient to move they disregard it and when the lights change they are stranded there blocking the way of traffic waiting the move from the junction left or right of them.
  • Options
    The sheer number of plonkers that seem to have no comprehension of a box junction, or are so fecking impatient to move they disregard it and when the lights change they are stranded there blocking the way of traffic waiting the move from the junction left or right of them.
    Fear not. Bexley council consider this a crime of the highest order and camera and fine accordingly. 

Transgressors will therefore only do it once in future. 
  • Options

Linked to this the current trend to say ‘100 per cent’ when agreeing with someone. 😡
    100%. Sorry, someone had to do it. Might as well be me. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

100%. Sorry, someone had to do it. Might as well be me. 
    110% agree with you 🥸
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Rhododendrons. I absolutely hate the shiny bastards
    Stuff of nightmares here @IdleHans.  160 foot tall - spot the man in  blue

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its big but 160ft? Even for a red top news paper that might be stretching things a little. They even have a human in the picture to scale off.  
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    You're in good company, I was just reading an article in The Woodland Trust's magazine about Welsh Rainforests and came across this, "...the chokehold of poisonous foreign shrubs like rhododendron ponticum, mean the delicate balance in these places is in peril..."

I know there are a lot of keen gardeners on Charlton life. When you're planting up your patches, please remember that flora spreads and doesn't stay just where it is planted. It's far better to go for native species that are more likely to fit in with the local wild plants and animals. 
  • Options
    Its big but 160ft? Even for a red top news paper that might be stretching things a little. They even have a human in the picture to scale off.  
    Yeah I think they've added a hundred feet - but why let facts get in the way of a good story?

• Options
    Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    You're in good company, I was just reading an article in The Woodland Trust's magazine about Welsh Rainforests and came across this, "...the chokehold of poisonous foreign shrubs like rhododendron ponticum, mean the delicate balance in these places is in peril..."

I know there are a lot of keen gardeners on Charlton life. When you're planting up your patches, please remember that flora spreads and doesn't stay just where it is planted. It's far better to go for native species that are more likely to fit in with the local wild plants and animals. 
    Luckily you don't see too many rhododendrons in the SE.  Soil conditions here are not to their liking.
  • Options
    Yeah I think they've added a hundred feet - but why let facts get in the way of a good story?

But is the bloke on the ladder Warwick Davies or Peter Crouch?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

But is the bloke on the ladder Warwick Davies or Peter Crouch?
    Here's one of him cracking open a bottle of wine.

• Options
    Ruined a joyous afternoon getting fined coming back from St Marys, after a glorious 0-1 against Southampton.
  • Options
    edited March 13
    Mrs TCE's idea of controlling the dogs is too 'shout louder than them' FFS
    Every meal time its the same, makes my head hurt trying explain to her, typical response "well best you fecking feed the noisy b@st@rds" 

• Options
    edited March 13
    I'm not reading through 979 pages, but having to sign for things using a finger on a screen, which is proof of nothing and so a change for the worse, annoys me. Still, we have no choice but to embrace new technology no matter how farcical it it 
  • Options
    The TV critic on BBC1 this morning who says "heart rendering". The first time I thought it might be a slip of the tongue but then the dinlo did it again. Words are the tools of your trade, you dipshit, at least try and use them properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    The TV critic on BBC1 this morning who says "heart rendering". The first time I thought it might be a slip of the tongue but then the dinlo did it again. Words are the tools of your trade, you dipshit, at least try and use them properly.
    He really cemented himself as a twat.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I have to confess ‘dinlo’ was a new word for me. 🙂

PS maybe the presenter was plastered and that’s why he got his words wrong ! 😉
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    It's good that he's got you Pointing out the problem though.
  • Options
    Two things... The first is the roads round where in live in Medway were never designed for cars, very few driveways so if I meet up with friends in an evening (and have to drive), its a bloody nightmare trying to find a parking spot getting home even as late as 7pm some evenings - Its one reason why I gave up my Charlton Season-Ticket as evening games were a nightmare to get home from.

Got home at 10pm last night, have to park on the school zigzag lines round the corner, as there is literally no where else to leave the car... Just meant I had to get up at 7am to move it before the 8am restrictions came into place - Got woken by my wife (at 8:10am this morning), who'd long been up, and knew I needed to move my car before 8am, going: "Didnt you need to move your car"

My fault for sleeping in - But never sprinted so bloody fast to move the damned thing before I end up with a parking ticket.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    These puns are awful - there had better not be any mortar come

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    These puns are awful - there had better not be any mortar come

People will keep trowelling them on
  • Options
    Hotel Toast machines. 

Put your bread in once and it comes out leaving you wondering if the thing is really on. Put in twice and the bread is cremated. 
    Most toasters have a control for how much you want it done, once used just adjust it next time to your liking
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Hotel Toast machines. 

Put your bread in once and it comes out leaving you wondering if the thing is really on. Put in twice and the bread is cremated. 
    Most toasters have a control for how much you want it done, once used just adjust it next time to your liking
    Well yes in theory but it feels the hotels default is the most inappropriate level. 😡
  • Options
    I always wonder if the staff stick them on a decent setting and then other people have messed with the buttons.

Through once and then try to chuck the toast halfway down if you can is the best bet!