Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Companies asking you to write reviews on their products. Look if it's shit I won't be back to buy from you again, if it ain't then I will.  Trustpilot. How do I know that 'Jack from Barnsley's' telling the truth about the product,  I don't know him from Adam.
    Could be wrong, but I thought Trustpilot has something behind the scenes, so reviews can’t just be faked, such as what happens on Tripadvisor, Facebook pages etc. 
  • edited January 20
    Companies asking you to write reviews on their products. Look if it's shit I won't be back to buy from you again, if it ain't then I will.  Trustpilot. How do I know that 'Jack from Barnsley's' telling the truth about the product,  I don't know him from Adam.
    Could be wrong, but I thought Trustpilot has something behind the scenes, so reviews can’t just be faked, such as what happens on Tripadvisor, Facebook pages etc. 

They may well have but my point was that I don't know these people who give credit to companies or products,but word of mouth from somebody who you know is something quite different.
  • buckshee said:
    Why do sets of metric sockets or spanners seem to have the 18mm one missing? Must be a reason for it but when you really need one and it ain’t there it’s a pain in the arse. 
    Its a rarely used size is the answer I think. 
    But some sets do actually have them, I've acquired a few sets of sockets over the years, my 1/2 Wera set comes with an 18mm socket and my Paramount combination spanner set has the 18mm also.
    The one that annoyed me was the one one needed to take the thermostatic cartridge from a shower. 32mm I  think, I ended up buying an impact socket, much snugger fit and didn't damage the brass nut.
  • buckshee said:
    Why do sets of metric sockets or spanners seem to have the 18mm one missing? Must be a reason for it but when you really need one and it ain’t there it’s a pain in the arse. 
    I have a really old Halfords set that has 10 -22mm with just the 21mm missing. 

I was under the impression that I must've purchased this when Halfords first opened, but Google says that that was in 1892 - I ain't that old! 

• Nathan gets commendable reports on gills pitch yet refuses to acknowledge who played a part in his training. 😂😂

• Sponsored links:

• People never "Contact" me anymore, they all "Reach out" to me.
    It really annoys me for some reason. Maybe it's because they are usually sales people trying to sound like old friends. 

• Not that it concerns us (nor is ever likely to) but two and a half days since the FA cup draw was made, almost as long since all bar one replay was known, and with six days to go before the first of those replays, nobody who supports any club involved can make any arrangements because they still haven't decided which games to televise. I know it will probably be announced this morning. But let's face it, they would have wanted Wrexham had they drawn, and the other two will be the all Premier league Villa v Chelsea and then Plymouth v Leeds. At least they could inform the others for certain that their ties will go ahead as scheduled.         
  • Tell em you’d love to start a family but their daughter only takes it up the arse

guarantee it never gets mentioned again
    Fantastic
  • Not that it concerns us (nor is ever likely to) but two and a half days since the FA cup draw was made, almost as long since all bar one replay was known, and with six days to go before the first of those replays, nobody who supports any club involved can make any arrangements because they still haven't decided which games to televise. I know it will probably be announced this morning. But let's face it, they would have wanted Wrexham had they drawn, and the other two will be the all Premier league Villa v Chelsea and then Plymouth v Leeds. At least they could inform the others for certain that their ties will go ahead as scheduled.         
    And thus so it was... 
  • Just got back home on a Friday evening and Clancy's have put temporary traffic lights up on my road for "emergency" water work, which most probably wont actually be started till some time next week, real fucking emergency!
    South east water has given no warning of this. though i should of suspected it after they were faffing about further along the road a week back. All of which stems from them digging up the whole road only a year ago. so presumably they didn't do a good enough job then. 

Just caught some customer friendly Clancy employee just before they scooted off home to say what this was all about? "Emergency water works, somewhere over there" as he pointed to a non descripte area of road "and they just tell me where to put the signs and lights"

thing is mate did they tell you to put the sign smack bang in the middle of my fucking driveway?! 

to which he replied, "I'll move it to the side but it needs to be there though"  

I don't know whether to just move it completely off my driveway? 

• Just got back home on a Friday evening and Clancy's have put temporary traffic lights up on my road for "emergency" water work, which most probably wont actually be started till some time next week, real fucking emergency!
    South east water has given no warning of this. though i should of suspected it after they were faffing about further along the road a week back. All of which stems from them digging up the whole road only a year ago. so presumably they didn't do a good enough job then. 

Just caught some customer friendly Clancy employee just before they scooted off home to say what this was all about? "Emergency water works, somewhere over there" as he pointed to a non descripte area of road "and they just tell me where to put the signs and lights"

thing is mate did they tell you to put the sign smack bang in the middle of my fucking driveway?! 

to which he replied, "I'll move it to the side but it needs to be there though"  

I don't know whether to just move it completely off my driveway? 

Nah fuck em, Sling it out in the road
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:
    Its a rarely used size is the answer I think. 
    But some sets do actually have them, I've acquired a few sets of sockets over the years, my 1/2 Wera set comes with an 18mm socket and my Paramount combination spanner set has the 18mm also.
    The one that annoyed me was the one one needed to take the thermostatic cartridge from a shower. 32mm I  think, I ended up buying an impact socket, much snugger fit and didn't damage the brass nut.
    Funny enough the job I needed it for I’ve pretty much finished now, it was a bespoke designed system (solar PV) and one thing I will do next time is use an 18mm Wera Joker, I’ve had a 13mm one of these for around three years and still works great whereas other brands of this type last a few months at best. 
  • These new tops on bottles of fizzy stuff designed so you don't lose 'em. Can't get the fuckers back on unless you cut them off first. Fucking waste of time.
    Is it so you don’t lose it? I thought it was to make sure it all stayed together for recycling 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Yeah it’s for recycling (maybe that’s what he meant be losing them). I think it’s a good idea because prior to this I used to finish my drink and then chuck the bottle and lid in two completely different directions.
    Do they still separate them when you but a bottle at The Valley? That used to annoy me...
  • When you go to the supermarket, there is always someone getting in the way, standing in front of what you need or picking up stuff reading the labels. 
  • The increasing use of the incorrect 'step foot' in place of 'set foot'.
  • Air hand dryers where the heating element has blown and they don't ever replace it.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!