Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Constantly seeing a Lyle Taylor thread on CL. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Hotel Toast machines. 

Put your bread in once and it comes out leaving you wondering if the thing is really on. Put in twice and the bread is cremated. 
    Most toasters have a control for how much you want it done, once used just adjust it next time to your liking
    Most hotel toasters have a sign saying do not adjust 
  • Options
    Here's a legendary toaster, U-Roy.

RIP U-Roy Legendary Reggae Toaster Dead at 78

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    ross1 said:
    Hotel Toast machines. 

Put your bread in once and it comes out leaving you wondering if the thing is really on. Put in twice and the bread is cremated. 
    Most toasters have a control for how much you want it done, once used just adjust it next time to your liking
    Live dangerously 🤗
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    ross1 said:
    Hotel Toast machines. 

To which most guests don't take a blind bit of notice.
  • Options
    Entitled brats crying because they didn’t get a shirt after holding up one of those cringey “can I have your shirt” signs 
    Yet it’s alright for you going to the woman’s games with a sign asking if any of them want donkey punched?
  • Options
    Entitled brats crying because they didn’t get a shirt after holding up one of those cringey “can I have your shirt” signs 
    Yet it’s alright for you going to the woman’s games with a sign asking if any of them want donkey punched?
    *Donkey punch-ing
  • Options
    Shops that try to con people who buy in bulk, by bumping up the prices of some bulk items to catch out the unwary. ASDA, I'm specifically calling you out on this. I popped in my local one today to get some Liffey Water to celebrate St James's Gate Day. Twelve cans for £10 or fifteen for £18. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Recyclable packaging that says 'don't recycle at home, recycle in store'. What's that about? I'm not aware of any facilities in my store* and I'm loath to take a load of crisp packets in there on spec. Why can't it all be recycled as part of the regular rubbish collection?

*By the way we're in England where the proper name for these entities is 'shops'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People who park at the pump at the petrol station, only to use the shop and don't get any fuel.

Van drivers who fix their ladders to the roof rack too far off the back of the van, rather than over hang the bonnet (Worse on the Continent, but see it too many times here).

Car passengers who sit with thier feet up on the dashboard.

• Options
    Mrs TCE’s contribution to football commentator’s inane statements.
    commentator… a few of the Leeds players partners expecting babies including Patrick Banford 🤷‍♂️
    Mrs TCE……. Ah, that’s lovely 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

my thoughts……. Will the pair of you just feck off 😂😂
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Recyclable packaging that says 'don't recycle at home, recycle in store'. What's that about? I'm not aware of any facilities in my store* and I'm loath to take a load of crisp packets in there on spec. Why can't it all be recycled as part of the regular rubbish collection?

*By the way we're in England where the proper name for these entities is 'shops'.
    Many supermarkets have a large container of some sort, where you can put soft plastic that can't be recycle at home. My local Tesco has one near the door.

https://www.tescoplc.com/shoppers-can-now-return-all-their-soft-plastic-packaging-to-recycling-points-at-every-large-tesco-store-in-the-uk/
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Shops that try to con people who buy in bulk, by bumping up the prices of some bulk items to catch out the unwary. ASDA, I'm specifically calling you out on this. I popped in my local one today to get some Liffey Water to celebrate St James's Gate Day. Twelve cans for £10 or fifteen for £18. Ridiculous.

Innumeracy tax, I'm all in favour. Save money in later life by paying attention in school maths lessons.
  • Options
    People who take the kitchen sink in their carry on luggage.

I’ve just returned from a week in NZ visiting my folks. The number of economy folk  who take a wheelie case and 1 or 2 other bags, is astounding. Why don’t more airlines police this properly and make people carry as hold luggage? It’s  not as if they save any time at the other end.

Also, transiting in the US. What a completely inefficient debacle, clearing security and checking back  in. The  number of times I’ve done this in the last couple of years  and each time  there are fewer agents processing an increasing number of passengers.
  • Options
    Another phone snatch right in front of my eyes by an electric bike by regents park. He then sped past police parked up about 30 yards behind me. Bet they don't even go after the little rat.
  • Options
    The One Show theme with that bloody awful shrill trumpet that, just when you think it can't get more grating, pumps out a sustained final high note that unfortunately not only dogs can hear.
  • Options
    The recurring advert on my Outlook for an Ocean credit card. So fucked off with it that I'm tempted to apply. 
  • Options
    'Darren never used to like the motorway' seems to be on every ad break on TV and radio.

• Options
    The Samaritans advert that encourages lone women to approach disturbed males on deserted train stations.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 19
    IdleHans said:
    Rhododendrons. I absolutely hate the shiny bastards
    …..is a nice flower. 

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Mrs TCE’s contribution to football commentator’s inane statements.
    commentator… a few of the Leeds players partners expecting babies including Patrick Banford 🤷‍♂️
    Mrs TCE……. Ah, that’s lovely 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

my thoughts……. Will the pair of you just feck off 😂😂
    I think they'll find Patrick Bamford has already been born

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    People who park at the pump at the petrol station, only to use the shop and don't get any fuel.

Van drivers who fix their ladders to the roof rack too far off the back of the van, rather than over hang the bonnet (Worse on the Continent, but see it too many times here).

Car passengers who sit with thier feet up on the dashboard.

It's illegal to do that in Portugal. And to drive or ride a motorbike wearing flip-flops. 

Dull but true.  
  • Options
    Someone on the radio talking about maternity care a few days ago, referring to "mothers and birthing people". What on earth are "birthing people" if not mothers??? If someone has ovaries and a womb that can create babies, they are mothers. Any other description is horseshit.
  • Options
    Someone on the radio talking about maternity care a few days ago, referring to "mothers and birthing people". What on earth are "birthing people" if not mothers??? If someone has ovaries and a womb that can create babies, they are mothers. Any other description is horseshit.
    I’m offended by this comment as you haven’t mentioned if it was boy horse shit or lady horse shit…
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m offended by this comment as you haven’t mentioned if it was boy horse shit or lady horse shit…
    The horse shit can identify how it wants to
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    The horse shit can identify how it wants to
    Of course. Apologies…
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I take your point about the term 'birthing people'  but not everyone who has ovaries and a womb is a mother.
  • Options
    ME14, better wording would have been "and has created babies ", fair enough 
  • Options
    ME14, better wording would have been "and has created babies ", fair enough 
    Or " is potentially able to be a mother " ?