Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    That picture is horrible and a good warning, but a bit like a Rorschach test; I can see a butterfly, a big pair of old man ears with them oversized dangly lobe piercings and in the middle, a scary face bearing its teeth. Am I normal, Doc?

As far as warning photos go, someone mentioned riding motorbikes in flip flops. My old riding instructor used to have a picture of someone who had fell off their bike without proper footwear. As they fell, their big toe went between some moving parts of the bike and was instantly stripped of all its meat. All you could see in the picture was a stump of bone protruding where a toe should be (this was later amputated). Don't risk it folks.  
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Barbers.

I ask for the same thing every time - and it's basically "Like this but shorter", and quite a simple short back and sides type haircut.

And yet it ends up being different every time.
    In the 90s me and all my mates, in fact most of the males in Chatham would go to Toni & Franco's barbers at the end of Chatham High Street. People would come in with pictures of Patrick Swayze, or other delusions of grandeur, writing cheques Toni or Franc were simply not prepared to cash. Regardless what you asked for everyone would leave looking the same. The only exception is when you clocked what was going on and asked for them to just shave it all off
    I ONCE went to a mixed hairdresser / barbers (never again). Anyway I was sat in the chair and a woman customer walks in and asks for 'bob' haircut, to which the hairdresser says, "Sorry the woman who cuts 'bobs' is not in today." Nuff said. I get home and my misses laughs and says, "you've got a bob." "I can't have" i said, the woman who does bobs wasn't in today.

FFS. It was a bob!

It cost you a shilling ? Ffs, when was the last time you got your hair cut, 1971 ?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    That picture is horrible and a good warning, but a bit like a Rorschach test; I can see a butterfly, a big pair of old man ears with them oversized dangly lobe piercings and in the middle, a scary face bearing its teeth. Am I normal, Doc?

As far as warning photos go, someone mentioned riding motorbikes in flip flops. My old riding instructor used to have a picture of someone who had fell off their bike without proper footwear. As they fell, their big toe went between some moving parts of the bike and was instantly stripped of all its meat. All you could see in the picture was a stump of bone protruding where a toe should be (this was later amputated). Don't risk it folks.  
    Also illegal in Portugal. Not allowed to drive a car wearing them either. Personally why anyone would want to wear them away from the beach or poolside is beyond me anyway. They are ugly, bad for your feet and uncomfortable.  
  • Options
    FFS, when I was at Wembley on Tuesday, I put a sealed bid in on a framed signed Taylor Swift montage in a charity auction. Didn’t think too much about it as my bid wasn’t that much higher than the starting point but just had an email to say I’d won it for £650.

Can’t even hide the amount from my wife as I’d mistakenly autofilled the joint account details when I was registering it on my phone.
    Very good 🤣
  • Options
    FFS, when I was at Wembley on Tuesday, I put a sealed bid in on a framed signed Taylor Swift montage in a charity auction. Didn’t think too much about it as my bid wasn’t that much higher than the starting point but just had an email to say I’d won it for £650.

Can’t even hide the amount from my wife as I’d mistakenly autofilled the joint account details when I was registering it on my phone.
    Just to be clear, is the “general thing that annoys you” your incompetence with money or your taste in music?
    😉
    My financial incompetence and my daughter’s taste in music!
  • Options

Does the picture have some of those clear tear off sheets like they have on F1 visors?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The widespread inability on here to distinguish between Ladapo and Lapado. 
    I know he hasn't been very good for us, but really!
  • Options
    Emma Hayes
    This with knobs on, detest the woman.
  • Options
    Emma Hayes
    Dont, you'll get labelled with male aggression.
  • Options
    Emma Hayes
    Same here. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Tradies who confirm five days in advance that they'll start the week long job and on the day simply don't turn up. Then when you message politely to find out when they expect to arrive the WhatsApp ticks go blue fast but then there is no reply all day. The last appointment was postponed because the main man was in hospital with COVID. Allegedly. And this is an urgent job, which they well know.

The happy development is that I immediately found an alternative and more professional sounding outfit, recommended by an independent third party tradesman, who can come and do the job next week for a little bit less.

I now await a feeble excuse phone call from the useless ones, which I will ignore, before slating them on checkatrade once the job is done. Pricks.
    I will never understand why independent builders or any tradesman persistently do this. So many blokes I know are in this game and will moan to anyone who will listen about cash flow and customers, and they will be pushing themselves on Facebook etc yet will do stuff like this and invariably get shirty when pulled about whatever bullshit excuse they give.
  • Options
    Supposed NHD dentists, specifically the ones that are also private. They’re constantly trying to upsell shit whether it be “do you grind your teeth? It looks like you could do with a mouth guard”. I wouldn’t mind but they struggle to do the basics these days. 

I had a filling a month ago, didn’t even know I needed one as I had no pain or discomfort whatsoever. Now since I’ve had it done I can’t eat anything remotely cold. Went back two weeks ago and she gave me some waffle about my gums and told me to use Sensodyne enamel repair and if it was still an issue come back in two weeks.

Yesterday was two weeks and I had the day off, came out the gym and had a message saying they’ve had to postpone it and to ring for another appointment. Of course no one ever answers the phone so they. 
  • Options
    That Brain Damage and Eclipse by Pink Floyd are named and catalogued as two songs. You can't have one without the other it should be named and digitised accordingly.
  • Options
    Chelsea fans calling them “The Chels”.Seems like a recent thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    How recent? Mate I worked with about twenty-five years ago called them that, buckshee. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    How recent? Mate I worked with about twenty-five years ago called them that, buckshee. 
    Yeah it might have gone quiet in the last decade or so but the chels was always a common term 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    buckshee said:
    Yeah it might have gone quiet in the last decade or so but the chels was always a common term 
    Fair enough, still annoying as fuck though. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Carter said:
    buckshee said:
    Fair enough, still annoying as fuck though. 
    Now that I completely agree with 

Funnily enough I was out with a mate of mine who can be put into the box of proper Chelsea supporter and his mind is blown by their supporters who essentially only know supporting Chelsea since they win shit so now they are having their own minds blown. Which is another reason why our younger support and away support now is so good and amazes me as the traditional away regular is late teens but really 22-32 as being the best years to be unattached and have some dollar and all they have seen is barring 2 seasons a bag of shit. At least those of us in our forties now got the Premier league era and at a time when it was relatively affordable 
  • Options
    Losing another day's collar because of train strikes. 
  • Options
    People walking 2 or 3 abreast along the pavement and expect you to move off the pavement. I don’t know if this is a European trait like not queuing at bus stops or like Indians trying to board a packed tube when people are trying to get off (experienced this many times in India). Grrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    People walking 2 or 3 abreast along the pavement and expect you to move off the pavement. I don’t know if this is a European trait like not queuing at bus stops or like Indians trying to board a packed tube when people are trying to get off (experienced this many times in India). Grrrrrrrr!
    Northern Portuguese do this when they come on holiday down here in summer, then grumble at you if they bump into you. The solution is to stop and stand still, they then walk around you and if they brush against you it's their fault. It works a treat.  
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Finding out that one of your old school mates has made it onto the Forbes Rich List with a fortune of 1.1 billion euros!

Where did I take a wrong turn?
  • Options
    edited April 9

Finding out that one of your old school mates has made it onto the Forbes Rich List with a fortune of 1.1 billion euros!

Finding out an old school mate has just got married for the 6th time and so far its cost him £60m. :o
  • Options

Finding out an old school mate has just got married for the 6th time and so far its cost him £60m. :o
    I’m sorry, but I have to give that a lol!