Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who Is Jonathan Ackworth??

Im really sorry if this has been done before,if it has can someone let me see the thread then sink this one. im still fairly new here so forgive me. I first became aware of this bloke back in the times of 'Voice of the Valley' reading his stupud letters and stuff then a few outings on Charlton live on a sunday night. Now thanks to the web he is cropping up on the BBC charlton page and the club website filling pages with crap and rubbing people the wrong way. the last time i bothered to read one of his comments was somthing along the lines of how jerome thomas should have been player of the year. I hope to god that the guy is someone with a good sense of humour who likes to mix things up abit, but i cant help to think that this guy is for real, and looks like the specy bloke who is in that palace fans photo we had on here a few weeks ago.

Comments

• Options
    Legend....psml
  • Options
    I think he's part of Pardew's scouting team in the lower leagues :o) (very much tongue in cheek)!
  • Options
    He is real. I've met him and he looks just the way you describe him.

Still he's a fan and has been for a while now so good for him.
  • Options
    He posts on here i think mate as 1905
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]He is real. I've met him and he looks just the way you describe him.

I've seen him, always reminds me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy
  • Options
    oh he is for real, believe me. Once had a nutty idea that players at Cray Wanderers were good enough to play for us. What a tool. As if we'd sign non-league players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]He is real. I've met him and he looks just the way you describe him.

I've seen him, always reminds me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy

I hope you're not implying anything?!?!?! :o)
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2008
    LOL
  • Options
    Could it be him?
  • Options
    Nah...More like this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008
    That's him at school, front row with specs.
    My brother is the chubby one with his arms folded left side 2nd row from front.
    Alderwood School Circa 1979.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I've never had a problem with him as he is of course just having a silly wind-up.
    However, it's what happens when other people read it from 'outside' the club that don't know of him and take him seriously that bothers me and it can at times reflect badly on the club.
    I wish he'd simply stick to the message boards and a few local newspapers that know of his wind-up's.
    He can be very amusing but as I say there is a downside to all this when he goes further afield.
  • Options
    I'm all for taking the P out of people with dodgy opinions, but its a bit of a cheap shot picking on people for their looks. He is a 'soft target'

If so, we'd all be picking on Carter..... :-)

I used to love JA's opinions, and am as disappointed as he was that none of the hundreds of non-league recomendations never made it to super-stardom
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    However, it's what happens when other people read it from 'outside' the club that don't know of him and take him seriously that bothers me and it can at times reflect badly on the club.

I agree, its 'niche'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Nah...More like this[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_265982 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Ackworth.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Great film.
  • Options
    I used to love his page in the old Goodbye Horse when I was younger used to make me wet myself!
  • Options
    A few years ago he went through a phase of suggesting the club sack Curbishley and replace him with Tony Pulis.

Ackworth moves in mysterious ways!
  • Options
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. He has been going to Charlton for years. I agree his letters in the VOTV always cracked me up tho!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    A few years ago he went through a phase of suggesting the club sack Curbishley and replace him with Tony Pulis.

He doesn't look too wrong now - does he!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]

He doesn't look too wrong now - does he!!!

I'm surprised an 'I told you so' type comment from him hasn't appeared somewhere. Suppose it just goes to show that the line between genius and madness is a fine one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]He posts on here i think mate as 1905

lol......I have been sussed.
  • Options
    You'll never be as cool as him mate!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]You'll never be as cool as him mate!!

LOL!
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=45587&display=2&st=40

classic ackworth on cafc today!!!
  • Options
    lol - he doesn't change
  • Options
    He want us to sing a song for him at the welling game, somthing about how he deserves to be reconised as an important part of charlton, any wayward shot or falling over player "Are you Akworth in disguise!!..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]He want us to sing a song for him at the welling game, somthing about how he deserves to be reconised as an important part of charlton, any wayward shot or falling over player "Are you Akworth in disguise!!..."

Where has he requested this Adam?
  • Options
    on the cafc your views spage will get the link.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=45597&display=1&st=0

You can see most people seem to think not, altho it would be quite cool to break into a song about Akworth that leaves the non charlton supporters thinking What the F!! bit like goodbye Horse or FFFFIIIIIISSSSHHHHH.
  • Options
    Somebody posted up a scan from the Metro or somesuch where he was up for some kind of dating challenge (which he was unsuccessful in). I've heard his views read out on various radio shows. If he's a wind up then he's very committed. His views are certainly bonkers enough. Always stuff like demanding we sign random strikers from the Blue Square Premier because they've scored well in such and such a paper's rating of the match.
  • Options
    It does surprise me he's not a member on here? I'd give him his own catagory in all honesty.