Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who Is Jonathan Ackworth??

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Somebody posted up a scan from the Metro or somesuch where he was up for some kind of dating challenge (which he was unsuccessful in). I've heard his views read out on various radio shows. If he's a wind up then he's very committed. His views are certainly bonkers enough. Always stuff like demanding we sign random strikers from the Blue Square Premier because they've scored well in such and such a paper's rating of the match.

isn't that what Pards does ?
  • Options
    click below for a good old fashioned Ackworth letter:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=10380
  • Options
    Ha, he was always on about that bloke from Gravesend. He may well have stalked the fella for all I know.
  • Options

He's showing his age, now...
  • Options
    I played against Steve Portway a few years ago - scored one past me as he knocked us out of the cup

If he had been playing for Charlton it would have been us in the final........

Damn you Ackworth! you should have tried harder!
  • Options
    i always thought ackworth was a plant in the VOTV to get more people writing in in the early days as he was such a pratt I thought no one can surely have those sort of views.

Imagine sitting in front of him at a game.

Oh hang on
  • Options
    CAFC LEGEND - FACT
  • Options
    that photo is class, surely its barry costello, elvis' better looking brother.

Hair by danny baker £8 quid from Andrews on charlton church lane

Glasses by Derdrie Barlow £4 specsavers

Teeth by Shane McGowan Free from Guiness

being Jonathan akworth Priceless...
  • Options
    very good Adam
  • Options
    Have not heard that name for a while.
    Can he still be seen in Sidcup high street with his Lidl's carrier bag while wearing one of his mums dressing gowns?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm all for taking the P out of people with dodgy opinions, but its a bit of a cheap shot picking on people for their looks. He is a 'soft target'

If so, we'd all be picking on Carter..... :-)

I used to love JA's opinions, and am as disappointed as he was that none of the hundreds of non-league recomendations never made it to super-stardom

Just for the record my picture really is him albeit 8 years old. He was in my brothers class at primary school.
  • Options
    I don't know where I got this, but is this him?

Fits the profile...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I don't know where I got this, but is this him?

Fits the profile...[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_266235 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]n568895854_59072_1229.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

That looks like Dennis...LOL
  • Options
    That's right... our leader, Dennis... Sorry
  • Options
    Who's Dennis?
  • Options
    Always wondered what happened to Ackworth, Airman Brown and that Henry bloke :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Always wondered what happened to Ackworth, Airman Brown and that Henry bloke :-)

Same person, I heard.
  • Options
    That IS Dennis, he's more of a legend than Acworth. "Dennis is our leader, Dennis is our leader tra la la la". He used to go to all the games home and away, possibly one of the most recognisable Charlton faces in the last 30 years.
    He still goes, Upper North I believe. Walks with a limp, you must know the bloke. Think he was/is a bank messenger in the City.
  • Options
    yes it all comes flooding back i remember him now ha ha
  • Options
    Was obviously Dennis. What ground is that picture taken at?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Dennis. He used to travel everywhere but not sure what ground that is.

Dennis is our leader!!!
  • Options
    There's NOTHING wrong with an £8 haircut from Andrew's on Charlton Church Lane...
  • Options
    The ground I think is Old Trafford in 1986 when we won 1-0.

It is true Dennis is still going strong although a lot less vocal these days. He retired a few years ago on ill health grounds .

My favourite memory of him is running down the East Terrace offering his glasses to the Referee.
  • Options
    I've started a seperate thread on Dennis, so please use that, ta.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The ground I think is Old Trafford in 1986 when we won 1-0.

It is true Dennis is still going strong although a lot less vocal these days. He retired a few years ago on ill health grounds .

My favourite memory of him is running down the East Terrace offering his glasses to the Referee.[/quote]

No way is that Old Trafford. Come on someone must recognise it.
  • Options
    i think it is old trafford , i remember them having fences like that and he's in the spot the away fans were and that could possibly be the old stretford end... amos mark stuart never to be forgotten winner at old trafford just after we'd been stuffed at forest in midweek
  • Options
    If that's Old Trafford all I can say is that it looks very small and they didn't have any fans back then :-)

( I was there in '86 and every Charlton game since, but you might be right)
  • Options
    Could it be the Victoria Ground?
  • Options
    Seems more likely than Old Trafford IMO.
  • Options
    Wasn't the OT match in 1986 a midweek game? If so wouldn't it have been dark when the photo was taken?