Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who Is Jonathan Ackworth??

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Wasn't the OT match in 1986 a midweek game? If so wouldn't it have been dark when the photo was taken?
    it was a saturday.

that is old trafford stretford end,
    as is this before allseaters.
  • Options
    Ok fair enough, I just had the thought that the match was midweek.
  • Options
    Come on, it's annoying the hell out of me! Is it the City Ground?

What does seem strange is that no one else is in the ground - must be the days of being kept behind for 30 minutes!
  • Options
    It is Old Trafford, that is the Stretford End in the background
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]It is Old Trafford, that is the Stretford End in the background[/quote]

Yep, I'm coming round to that and where the Charlton fans are stood would make sense. But where is everyone else and where are the goalposts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]It is Old Trafford, that is the Stretford End in the background

Yep, I'm coming round to that and where the Charlton fans are stood would make sense. But where is everyone else and where are the goalposts?

You can see the crossbar - I'm pretty sure it's not the City Ground - in those days the away end was open and there was terracing behind the goal at the home end with a double decker stand.
  • Options
    As it is 1986 (prob) I would say it is the old bill locking the away fans in after the game.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Wasn't the OT match in 1986 a midweek game? If so wouldn't it have been dark when the photo was taken?[/quote]
    it was a saturday.

that is old trafford stretford end,
    as is this before allseaters.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_266663 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]old trafford.jpg[/div][/ul][/div][/quote]

Well what a load of old shit Old Trafford was. I don't remember it being that crap, but I'll bow to your superior knowledge.
  • Options
    As for where the rest of the crowd was I presume this is sometime before KO.
  • Options
    Yeh, or probably after. That 86 game was a Saturday and early season, so still light out at 5pm. I think I can see Dennis leading with another chorus of.... "There's only one Markie Stuart."

I can't believe how shit Man U's ground looks in that pic, just shows how far we have come, because in those days OT alongside Highbury, Villa Park, Hillsborough, Anfield and Goodison were probably the best grounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Yeh, or probably after. That 86 game was a Saturday and early season, so still light out at 5pm. I think I can see Dennis leading with another chorus of.... "There's only one Markie Stuart."

I can't believe how shit Man U's ground looks in that pic, just shows how far we have come, because in those days OT alongside Highbury, Villa Park, Hillsborough, Anfield and Goodison were probably the best grounds.

Sep/October 86, Old Trafford, Mark Stuart 1-0, scored early 2nd half, I was there, Ron Atkinson was sacked soon after.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just came across this, for all you Acworth fans out there...

Acworth's Comments!

JONATHANACWORTH, Charlton Athletic fan.
    Posted 25/06/2008 @ 22:14
    a prolific non league striker we should get canham at team bath who just won promoation worth a look at?40 odd he scored last year and kilkenny at burscough another hot prospect any non league stars charlton have spotted worth bringing in?

(Part of Pards' scouting team maybe?)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm calling my first born Acworth, it's got a certain ring to it
  • Options
    I think Pardew would be a better name for your first born.
    "Pardew Out" has a lovely ring to it.
  • Options

A few years ago he went through a phase of suggesting the club sack Curbishley and replace him with Tony Pulis.

Ackworth moves in mysterious ways!

Hmmm.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Posted By: ChicagoAddick
    Yeh, or probably after. That 86 game was a Saturday and early season, so still light out at 5pm. I think I can see Dennis leading with another chorus of.... "There's only one Markie Stuart."

Sep/October 86, Old Trafford, Mark Stuart 1-0, scored early 2nd half, I was there, Ron Atkinson was sacked soon after.
    wow yes, that was some day out, what a memory, one of my last games before fleeing blighty for chicago!
  • Options
    jacworth is normal compared with supposed charlton fan 'beanedoutboy"'s posts on charlton's teamtalk.com your say page?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    From what I've just seen on the Blackpool forums, he's a man who has a heart that's very much in the right place.

Although I doubt that was ever in question.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

From what I've just seen on the Blackpool forums, he's a man who has a heart that's very much in the right place.

Although I doubt that was ever in question.

I've just read that thread. He's off his rocker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said PF
  • Options

oh he is for real, believe me. Once had a nutty idea that players at Cray Wanderers were good enough to play for us. What a tool. As if we'd sign non-league players.

Step forward Alan Pardew.
  • Options
    if you're interested in jonathen ackworth, get the book " the letters of henry root " he models himself on the author.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

PeteF said:

I see Jonathan a fair amount, just saw him about half an hour ago, to be fair he has some issues, and I genuinely believe his heart is in the right place, he just, at times gets hugely carried away, as I said I see him a fair amount, and yet he fails to realise that now and again the people he has a go at will bump into him, he had a bit of a pop at me when I was commentating from Belgium, I saw his comments about me on the You Tube comments page, he clearly forgot he would bump into me a few evenings later.. had a quiet word when I saw him! As I said loves the club and only wants the best, but because of his issues he has no real idea how to actually express them.

Have you taken his criticisms on board and will you take them forward for future games?

Of course.... I am always learning!
  • Options
    For those that haven't seen his postings on the Blackpool forum (Courtesy ITTV)

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-20074-page-2.html#.U8hJufmICSo

Delusional or what!!
  • Options
    PeteF said:

I see Jonathan a fair amount, just saw him about half an hour ago, to be fair he has some issues, and I genuinely believe his heart is in the right place, he just, at times gets hugely carried away, as I said I see him a fair amount, and yet he fails to realise that now and again the people he has a go at will bump into him, he had a bit of a pop at me when I was commentating from Belgium, I saw his comments about me on the You Tube comments page, he clearly forgot he would bump into me a few evenings later.. had a quiet word when I saw him! As I said loves the club and only wants the best, but because of his issues he has no real idea how to actually express them.

you're the reason reams has cancelled his CAFC player subscription mate. I hope you're thoroughly ashamed and should organise a meet up in a pub with him for some face to face time where you can quibble and tell him the sun shines out his bum whilst doing skipping drills and reciting names of obscure european teams and their players.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:
    Didn't take him long to show his non-league gems.

Parkinson from Maidstone. I mean FFS.