Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst individual performance from a player.

124»

Comments

• Options
    akpo sodje more harpo sodje useless
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Still Amdy Faye for me. Llera at Colchester was in the top (bottom?) five of worst performances - anyone who thinks his effort at Millwall was bad didn't go to Colchester - that was far worse.
  • Options
    Yeah Colchester was worse than Millwall...but both dire dire performances. I cant believe how slow he is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Yeah Colchester was worse than Millwall...but both dire dire performances. I cant believe how slow he is.
    Not to mention the fact his head is like a tin box, and every time he breaks into a run he looks like a new-born lamb trying to get up. He also can't pass a ball accurately over any distance between two and thirty yards - but somehow manages to play reasonably accurate long balls out of defence (in short, the absolute opposite of the archetypal Spanish centre-half)
  • Options
    lol...50p head and ive seen milk turn quicker.
  • Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned Carlton'im to big for this club' Cole,to this day i cant stand him,got to be one of the most arrogant,pig headed excuses for a footballer to ever put on a Charlton shirt. Cant remember who we were playing at The Valley but Di Canio was chasing every loose ball,tracking back and generally working his balls off for the team and that twat Cole was just meandering around the pitch,eventually Di Canio snapped and had a right go at him,dont think Cole played many more games for us after that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]Surprised no one has mentioned Carlton'im to big for this club' Cole,to this day i cant stand him,got to be one of the most arrogant,pig headed excuses for a footballer to ever put on a Charlton shirt. Cant remember who we were playing at The Valley but Di Canio was chasing every loose ball,tracking back and generally working his balls off for the team and that twat Cole was just meandering around the pitch,eventually Di Canio snapped and had a right go at him,dont think Cole played many more games for us after that.

but he did put in one of teh finest performances I witnessed in a Charlton shirt at Highbury one season when he ran (a much younger) Sol Campbell ragged..................
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Iain Ferguson who came on loan from Hearts in the relegation season of 89-90 must surely be worthy of a mention. He 'appeared' in just the 1 game (perhaps even only the first half?) at Derby. Total cack, can't remember him touching the ball once.

Was instantly registered as 'injured' and was batted back to Hearts never to darken our doors again.

Another I remember is Jermaine Darlington, whose performance in the 1-0 Den defeat (in place of the strangely injured Robert Lee) in '92 was equally lamentable (I think this was the game where Mark Tivey made his one and only appearance).
  • Options
    Mooney now ranks alongside Mike Small in my book.

Although when Akpo tried to shoot from 35 yards I dont think Ive ever seen a thicker player.

6 year olds have more idea.
  • Options
    Carlton Cole couldnt find New Eltham, whilst living in Eltham.

Akpos still thicker in my book though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Mark Hudson was awful against Watford at home last year
    the whole back four against Sheff Utd in Pardews last game

Not a cafc player but Gary Doherty on the last day of the season last year was laughable.
  • Options
    The short list for this would be about 100 long.

But just a few ....

Jimme Traore - Passing the ball out along the touchline to his invisible mate Aaron.

Dick Tydeman - The Early Years (Too many performances)

Mark Aizlewood - The Early Years (Too many performances)

Dave Mehmet - Taking about 5 corners in a row in front of the covered end and none of them getting past the near post.

Fish - Must of been pissed in that game. No other explanation

Mr Milne - How did this guy become a footballer and I didn't ?
  • Options
    Amdy Faye for me.

For the infamous Mike Small game, I seem to recall he had in fact played a reserve game the day before so that might partly explain his ineptitude.
  • Options
    Fish against West Brom was the worst I've seen.

When you're given the run around by Geoff Horsfield you know you're out of your depth :)
  • Options
    Llera at Colchester - remember coming out the game and saying to my dad that that was the most inept display i have ever seen from a professional footballer.

Couldnt do feck all right all game, couldnt win anything so resorted to climbing all over the colchester front two when the ball was hit up front - much to the angst of the colchester fans......comes to something when both home and away fans sing 'Who's the wanker in the hat?'.

And for me, Arsenal at the Emirates, down to ten men with just Marcus Bent up front - who rather than put in the effort just strolled around the pitch for the remainder of the game.
  • Options
    Llera at Colchester.....like a nightmare.
  • Options
    Mark Fish Vs Man City
    Llera Vs Colchester
    Tahar El Khalej Vs Blackburn away

Seems to be a Centre back pattern there!
  • Options
    Les Surman at Pompy in the 60's. Lost about 6 - 0
    Any game by Peter Shaw (but, bless him he did improve a bit)
    Faye and Jeffers. Between them they did it for me as a season ticket holder.
    Kish against Chelsea was dire.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson against Doncaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McLoed v Oldham and Northwich, absysmal and should have been sent off against Northwich
  • Options
    John Barnes - a complete let down
  • Options
    Any of the 11 who played against Wycombe in the Carling Cup
  • Options
    izale mcleod vs Northwich Victoria
  • Options
    Vic Halom AKA (the lawnmower) against anyone. Once saw him miss from 12 inches, clean over the bar. Mathermatically this cannot be done!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Vic Halom AKA (the lawnmower) against anyone. Once saw him miss from 12 inches, clean over the bar. Mathermatically this cannot be done!
    Carlo managed it a few times - from closer in than that.
  • Options
    Tony Towner at Plough Lane in a 3-1 defeat 85/86
    Redfearn at Derby
    Mark Tivey at the Old Den

In all honesty you could go on forever!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Graham R.[/cite]Chris Dickson against Doncaster.
    Definitely though he was a terrible choice as a lone striker to be fair. Really did look non-league in that game.