Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Green

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    What do you mean he wrote it? So it was him phoning in? How do you "write" a phone-in show? Get over yourself and get over Danny Baker.
  • Options
    Ha ha, "get over yourself", I take it that's code for 'Oops, I've just realised that this is more complex than I first thought'.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Stig said:

Ha ha, "get over yourself", I take it that's code for 'Oops, I've just realised that this is more complex than I first thought'.

Now that's hilarious! Complex? Football phone-ins or Danny Baker? I think they're both quite simple.
    Look, now don't worry if you don't really like football but just Iike the trimmings. There's plenty others like that too, especially on here.
  • Options
    riviera... whats wrong, dude?
  • Options

riviera... whats wrong, dude?

Nothing with me.
  • Options
    This thread is why I haven't listened to 606 since Mellor took over it all those years ago.

Proper Zzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options

This thread is why I haven't listened to 606 since Mellor took over it all those years ago.

Proper Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Apart from the brain death that is that stroppy Welsh bloke with the gorgeous hair I also object to Sky armchair fans calling 606 from their centrally heated living rooms at 6.07pm with their banal analysis of the recent Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool match and how the slow-motion clearly showed their goal should have been allowed and how 29 wins from 30 just isn't good enough while the real fans are still tramping through the rain to find their car has been vandalised or the train is cancelled or the pie at half time has given them acute food poisoning.

• Options
    Well said Grumps.

So many of the people that get aired on there are so reactionary, yet have so little first hand experience of being a true supporter. Constantly having to listen to Arsenal and Liverpool fans bang on about their manager or getting into the Top 4, as if that is where the spectrum of Football starts and ends.

Half of them call up to discuss points that have already been done to depth and add little value to what is already common viewpoint.

Things like "Arsenal, we haven't won a trophy in 8 years, Wenger needs to go".......Is it me or is that just boring and overdone?

"Footballers are overpaid, and they shouldn't dive"...Well done genius, nobody's ever theorized any of that before.

God knows why I listen to it!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I just hope that we don't get Savage, Roberts, Bright, Chapman, Fletcher or any other of the usual suspects ..... and oh .......... PLEASE not a woman

I like Mark Chapman and Darren Fletcher. Chappers is off to do MOTD2 next season so it won't be him. Hopefully not bloody Colin Murray!
    I'd rather a journo than an ex-player like Savage or Roberts etc. Ray Stubbs was best at it but he's on ESPN now I think.

As for Baker, he should stick to music as he knows simply nothinig about football as his efforts on 606, original presenter or not, have shown in the past.
    Baker knows a lot about football, but approaches it from a different angle, which if often very refreshing
    If you mean knowing about football is knowing how many matches have been stopped by an animal on the pitch, or which team played with an escaped prisoner or which ground serves the biggest range of pies or which club fielded an entire brass band in the starting XI then yes hes knows a lot.
    But actually about football? Nah.

He started 606 and it's never been anywhere near as good since. Engaging, funny and extraordinarily knowledgeable about the game, and especially brilliant when he was paired with Danny Kelly on TalkSport. Yes it's left field, but it's much closer to your after-game chat in the pub than the banal crap we get from the Bland Broadcasting Corporation these days. You stick to your Robbie Savages, it's Baker every time for me.
    Hear hear.
  • Options

Proper Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Apart from the brain death that is that stroppy Welsh bloke with the gorgeous hair I also object to Sky armchair fans calling 606 from their centrally heated living rooms at 6.07pm with their banal analysis of the recent Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool match and how the slow-motion clearly showed their goal should have been allowed and how 29 wins from 30 just isn't good enough while the real fans are still tramping through the rain to find their car has been vandalised or the train is cancelled or the pie at half time has given them acute food poisoning.

Yes ! One of the good things about the Savage show on Saturday nights is he actually, briefly, takes time to discuss non-league and lower league (I.e non Prem) teams. He isn't amazing, but I struggle to think of many pundits who are universally liked, I generally swing for those who aren't scared to have an opinion and create talking points.

Alan Green, on his "last show" on Sunday took a call where they were discussing a premier league team and one of the first things Green said about that teams striker was "oh, I can't pronounce his name" - and I just thought that was completely unacceptable given that pronouncing players names to the listening public is essentially his job - it just smacked of arrogance.

The Danny Baker 606 era was a bit before my time but it sounds great !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't agree more about 606 with Danny Baker. I have to put aside he's Millwall because I think Danny Baker is one of the best broadcasters this country has ever produced and is a very funny man and it's true when he ran the show it waas like the chat you have down the pub I really loved it. As for Alan Green I cannot find words to describe how much I dislike that man and if I could I would use them on Colin Murray as well.