Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the answer?

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Might have taken me longer than some to come to this conclusion but our results last season were not good enough and nothing has improved this season. Todays defeat for me is a real low point. I used this game as a barometer for the rest of our season should we keep the same staff. We should have beaten Sheff Wed and didn't. Is it time for a change in management? Would curbs be interested? Would we want him? Should we continue to stick with Pards? Could Tuesday be a defining moment in the managerial career of Alan Pardew? I am not confident and couldnt bare losing to the tossers.

Comments

• Options
    When Curbs left he left us with a really poor team so I wouldn't want him back
  • Options
    I forgot to point out...We have a squad good enough to challenge, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    I think we are in serious trouble and mid table is now a decent result for us.... as for pards he has no chance of getting us up..... we have a couple of average strikers, one of which who cant do it in this division... I cant be bothered to break the team down for you.... we are not very good, curbs wont come back... and if he did he would want some money to build his own team...

on the plus side we sould see a couple of the big boys fall throgh the trap door....

not good...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]I forgot to point out...We have a squad good enough to challenge, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

We did have until the board started to sell the club down the Thames
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh bore off you c***. Its nothing to do with the f***ing board - its c**ks like you coming on here giving it the end of the world speech every time we lose. We aren't going up - we're not good enough. Today was still infinitely more enjoyable than any of the dross Curbishley served up from the point Murphy threw his toys out of the pram onwards.

What, exactly would you or anyone else do differently from our current board - let me know, because I'm dying to hear it. Go back to your board games you sad, pathetic little man.
  • Options
    The answer, everybody getting together, singing from the same hymnsheet and one word...

Patience

The end of the world is not nigh, yet!
  • Options
    We aint Prem League its gone, over, and long past now.

*we have a bunch of players that are only really good enough for mid table or poss a play off if we can ever get a run together.
    *we sold players to pay the debt and we are left with wot we have. Its not a squad and has no deapth at all.
    * Pards started a few games ago trying to play deep and get a point here and there. My opinion (note --opinion) is he was lookin to be in the top 9 come end of November to keep HIM in work.
    * Pards was pony last year and so far he hasnt been a whole lot better this one.
    * Baily has come in and now for reason we still have a huge gap down the middle of midfield ? Not Baileys fault someone is going missing -- Pards sort it out.
    * Bottom lines are :
    ------we have no money
    ------our "squad" isnt very good
    ------our manager is poor

This is CAFC

We need to look back 5 seasons ago and think thats as good as it gets for CAFC fans. This is more normal. Pony old rubbish year after year. Maybe its time to reflect that those times were good and our days in the sun are over. At least we had them thousands and thousands never have had their day in the sun.
  • Options
    Logging off...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    LOL Go LEROY GO LEROY.

Change the manager for who though - throw some names in the hat.
  • Options
    From the radio commentary it sounds as though we created the chances...but didn't take them. Twice we hit the post and on the second Gray blasted a sitter over from five yards out. i don't know how bad a miss it was, but one area where have some depth is with Todorov, Dickson and Fleetwood (I know he's on loan). If we are creating chances but not taking them then it's time to give either Dickson or Todorov a run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Sam would get us out this league and maybe keep us up.

Not that I don't like Pards, it's just I don't think he's got it, still I'd give him another season, stability and all that....
  • Options
    i'd rather\ stay in the league than have big sam -
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]We aint Prem League its gone, over, and long past now.

This is more normal. Pony old rubbish year after year.

And you really want to put up with the same pony old rubbish year after year? I thought we were not that long ago an established Premiership club.
  • Options
    Why go to PL and have same old pony rubbish of getting spanked by the big boys and drab draws against like minded teams and go down every other year.

Not for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Not that I don't like Pards, it's just I don't think he's got it, still I'd give him another season, stability and all that....

I think I would give Pards another season - this AUTUMN.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Why go to PL and have same old pony rubbish of getting spanked by the big boys and drab draws against like minded teams and go down every other year.

Not for me

The money for starters - plus what if we managed to stay up?
  • Options
    no one else is allowed to use that language Leroy so behave yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You ******* ******......(Removed but hoping Charlie Block read it before I did).

Who are you advocating to take over from Pardew?. You reckon we could afford to sack him?.

As for your comments about the board - I can't even be bothered to write anything longer than one word so I won't.

****. (Removed but hoping Charlie Block read it before I did).
  • Options
    Gary Johnson for me but doubt he would come.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Clem_Snide... Can you please clarify who your comments are aimed at so they can respond to this "discussion"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clem u need to edit that post.
  • Options
    The problew with the game in England are that a good many managers and players are totaly over rated, they believe their press. Pards had a very good press and i thought he knew this league and wuld have the know how to motivate the team and bring in the right type of player to get us back up. He hasnt got it ! Cant see the point though in dumping him. Who would do abetter job with our squad and no prospect of dosh ?

moo2, bassey, JonJo, Dicko,ambrose,smedo all need a run if we aint gona have any cash we need the kids etc to get a few games.
  • Options
    Charlie Block.

Apologies to any offended parties (Charlie Block excluded) hit send in a rage
  • Options
    mate u cant say two of the things you said in that post u need to edit it.

retard
    c**t fully spelt

tone it down a tad before th uboat apears.
  • Options
    the saddest thing is that this kinda thread happens everytime we lose. lets just get behind the team on Tuesday , make tons of noise and thrash palace.
  • Options
    Not going to panic at this result.

Apart form Wolves and Birmingham and maybe Reading every other team is just as inconsistent as the other. Wednesday won today but will probably go out Tuesday and lose at home.

Wednesday won today, when if Gray had buried his chance it would have been 2-0 and the game over as Wednesday looked poor at that point. But then we had two shoddy pieces of defending so far this season and they made us pay. It was a poor performance, but I've seen things to be encouraged about so far this year.

If Toddy can get fit then we'll have another source of goals...and hopefully a fresh ZZ who is one of the bets players in this division imo to come back in. One thing I do think Pards need to do is to drop Sam and drop Youga as both haven't impressed me one bit so far. Also maybe Cranie for Yassin, especially at home. We miss him bombing down the wing.
  • Options
    Maybe should have started this discussion not so soon after our defeat! I really hope Pardew can turn it around and thought he was the right man for the job but you look at his record for us in the championship... it is poor. Yes we have had to balance the books but we have a good bunch of players in Championship speaking anyway. I am just very concerned that this season will wither away before we know it. I would love to know what Murray is thinking or saying?
  • Options
    Thats the whole point SHREW... this thread is happening most weeks! Is the first time I have ever participated in such a discussion but it is happening too frequently
  • Options
    I'm sick of it. I usually self-moderate when i post, but I am just sick to death of that tool posting on here every ****ing week after we lose going on and on about everything being the fault of the board. He needs telling - don't know whether the mods on here have done so but I'm not about to sit idly by and let some twonk with an obvious agenda moan about the board of my club. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another board anywhere in the country that looks after their club as well as ours do. Lots of them have put ridiculous amounts of their own money (and, as far as I'm aware, none of them are anything like as well-off financially as any of the board members of most other clubs) into Charlton and make the decisions they do not just for the good of the club in the present, but for the future too.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let some moody twonk badmouth the board repeatedly and get away with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Thats the whole point SHREW... this thread is happening most weeks! Is the first time I have ever participated in such a discussion but it is happening too frequently

And its instigated by the same names everytime. Which why I rarely ever comment on performance related threads.