Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the answer?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    He is entitled to his opinion, you must respect this otherwise there is no point of having an open forum.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]He is entitled to his opinion, you must respect this otherwise there is no point of having an open forum.

100% behind that. Its not that he has opinions - its just that he has ONE opinion - which he seems to take perverse delight in airing EVERY SINGLE TIME WE LOSE. Its one thing to have people post saying they think so and so player is pants, they think so and so manager is overrated or they dont think so and so player should have been sold. Its another thing entirely for someone to post utter, utter bollocks about our board in an obvious attempt to foster some sort of unrest between the supporters and the directors.
  • Options
    Its another thing entirely for someone to post utter, utter bollocks about our board in an obvious attempt to foster some sort of unrest between the supporters and the directors.

Thats the same agenda I think he's got.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I'm sick of it. I usually self-moderate when i post, but I am just sick to death of that tool posting on here every ****ing week after we lose going on and on about everything being the fault of the board. He needs telling - don't know whether the mods on here have done so but I'm not about to sit idly by and let some twonk with an obvious agenda moan about the board of my club. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another board anywhere in the country that looks after their club as well as ours do. Lots of them have put ridiculous amounts of their own money (and, as far as I'm aware, none of them are anything like as well-off financially as any of the board members of most other clubs) into Charlton and make the decisions they do not just for the good of the club in the present, but for the future too.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let some moody twonk badmouth the board repeatedly and get away with it.[/quote]

I agree 100%
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Opinions are great, but for f*** sake turn up at the game instead of playing some pointless board game in a northern shit tip, then I might listen to them.
  • Options
    I'm convinced Charlie Block is a Palace fan on a wind-up. Nobody can be that stupid.

As for today, I felt we were extremely unlucky. On any other day we would've smashed them, even if Gray had not missed that COMPLETE SITTER it would've been a different game.

What worries me is that we'll be making those excuses all season.
  • Options
    Leroy Ambrose...couldn't agree more, we have the best board in the country as far as I am concerned. I just think they have some difficult and important decisions to make coming up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]I forgot to point out...We have a squad good enough to challenge, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I really don't get why people are so convinved our squad should be rolling everyone over each week. Lets look at it rationally. Of our big name and/or money players Gray is doing what he did for Burnely i.e.getting a few goals without being incredibly prolific, Hudson has been steady as he was for Palace, Ambrose has NEVER consistently delivered for either us or Newcastle before us under about 6 different managers, ZZ has had one good half to a season (I rate him but really the jury is still out), Holland is well into his 30s and Weaver, who isn't my favourite, has dnes okay too much as he did for Man City. The rest are either youth players, players bought from lower divisions or previously un-heard ofs from abroad.

Why is everyone so convinced that mix is going to be a world beating side in this division? We've no right to expect this squad to get promoted, not if we're realistic. They're a young side that need backing not a group that needs undermining with petty sniping and griping and ludicrous calls for a change of mangement after every single defeat.

Curbs once said he always tried to not to make his highs too high and his lows too low, more than a few fans could do with taking a leaf out of his book where that is concerned.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    My point was he is entitled to his opinion regardless of how valid it is. Just because his views differ to others on here theres no reason to call him a ****. As for board games, I havent sunk to that level as of yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Opinions are great, but for fuck sake turn up at the game instead of playing some pointless board game in a northern shit tip, then I might listen to them, but saying that Roy Arnold (Charlie Block) is a c**t and by all accounts some other things.

My point was he is entitled to his opinion regardless of how valid it is. Just because his views differ to others on here theres no reason to call him a c*nt. As for board games, I havent sunk to that level as of yet.

Fine, but if you're opinion is deliberately looking for a raise, and he's been doing it for years on mailing lists and other boards, then be prepared to called out for it, and take the flack for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Plus as you well know home games for me are a rather cloudy area, I was merely pointing out that is it really necessary in getting worked up due to someone elses opinion on an internet messageboard.
  • Options
    been going for 40 years, just how many of those years ave been good ones ? 4 promotions , 1/4 final of Fa Cup, Full members cup (dont laugh). One of the promotions was THE GAME of course. 36 years of not very much . at least twnty years of shit.

So to answer your question Charlie do i want to see a load of pony year in year i guess it must be yes.

Its called being a supporter.

Onn the other hand if i wanna boo (not often) i will.

If i wanna say the manager is a c**t i will.

Fronted my money up for shares twice and in single figurs for Valley Gold once

Dont make me a "cant see when we are shit type" or a moaning twat either.

Donkeys years ago when i was a kid and went with my Dad i remember people then moaning none stop-- why do they go ? cos they aint got nowhere else.

Charlton is the home for the lost ------ the strange----- the limpers and the burblers-------we are what we are.

BUT WE AINT F**KIN GOONERS !!
  • Options
    hehehe Arsenal, that was funny tonight
  • Options
    great post GH
  • Options
    The writing was on the walls, after an average preformance at both Doncaster and Forest what did you expect?
    Totally agree with Leroy, cannot remember too many directors giving free transport/subsidised air travel.
    As for the other discusion "evicted from north upper", if the smug bastard had been grinning at me behind the safety of stewards, i would have probably lost my season ticket, at a minimum.
    Oh the days of being grateful of surviving in the league were in, and being able to stand where you choose.
    Bring back open air toilets and half time results that require a programme to decipher the code.
  • Options
    I agree with Thommo. PATIENCE is the answer. We've had a few changes this year and this competition is a marathon not a sprint. If we are in the top six at the end of the season then I'll be happy. Let's get behind the team on Tuesday (and for every other game) and hopefully enjoy gloating rights by beating Palace!!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Im know its a big IF Leroy but what would you feel IF we were relegated this season dont think its going to happen. would you ask some huge questions on how the place was run THROUGHOUT the club ?

I think the board are quite happy staying in the championship mid table. They MAY have a view like others on here that if we went up then it would cost the business too much money in player purchases and wages to just survive. A sad state if this is true.

I would like to see a new coach, not a head coach that is lol, brought to the club because our passing and play and times compared to other to teams are not to clever. Is Parkinson the answer ???
  • Options
    Not really, no Pete. I think we've been punching well above our weight for a few seasons and are starting to find what is more the 'natural' level for a club like us. Lets face it, Lennie was an absolute f***ing genius to get us up in the eighties - and keep us up for as long as he did. When we went down, I think we were in real danger of going under again - the decision to take us back to the Valley was the right one, without a shadow of a doubt, but were it not for Wet Spam helping us out (the arrangements there were infinitely favourable compared to those with Uncle Ron at Sellout) we would have had serious difficulties after first getting back.

Curbishley had the benefit of a patient board, willing to back him when it mattered but astute enough to know that building a team takes time. Curbishley's masterstroke was signing first Kinsella and then Mendonca - those two got us up. The year we came down, we had Andy hunt to score goals for us, and the same side that had played together in the Prem the season before. This gave us an extremely sound footing with which to build on - which we did for the next three or four seasons.

Then it all started to go pear-shaped. Some of our newer 'fans' started to demand that we push on to the next level - something that was clearly never going to happen. the Parker sale was where it all started to crumble - not that we could have done anything about it. I honestly believe that, if we'd kept Parker for the rest of that season, we would have sneaked into the top six - possibly even top four. As it was, Chelsea bought him simply to stop us playing him, destroyed any chance we had of competing seriously for the rest of the year and, from that point on, Curbishley's heart just wasn't in it any more. Yes the backed him when he went out and bought some players who were supposedly a cut above what we had at the time (Denise, Murphy, Jeffers) and, for a while, we started to see a decent side - until Murphy got the ballache with Curbishley for dropping him.

The shambles of the last season in the Prem was the last straw for me - top flight football can f*** off as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to Hull, Wigan, Stoke etc etc fighting each other to stay out of the bottom three every season. For me, I've seen more entertainment in the past six weeks than I saw in the last four years at the Valley in the Premiershit and last season in the Championship. Pardew is going in the right direction - and to be honest, I'm pleased he's stayed after being given precisely sod all to spend in the Summer (certainly not what he would have expected at most other clubs). The board have taken a look at the squad Pardew has inherited/assembled, realised that there was a LOT of s***e in there and told him to ship some out, keep us solvent and in mid-table this season. Without that, they know full well we are inches away from doing a Leeds or Bradford. Ask their fans if the stupid money they spent on players was worth it.

Simply put, our natural level is the Championship. We did well to punch above our weight for a while, but time is a leveller. As GH posted earlier, we've spent far, far more time at this level than any other - people thinking we have a god-given right to play in the top flight obviously don't remember season after season watching dross.
  • Options
    Great post bar the Pardew point he spunked a lot of money last year,and if he had to sell this year that's his own fault.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All very well that we stay in this division as its our so called level. What happens if we stay in this league for years and years or god forbid we get relegated the gates would go down to 8k. Do you really want that to happen ?

We should be aiming for excellance. We as the whole club. Excellance means being in the Premiership thats the whole point of the league structure. I know there are other parameters and its not my money but we should be going for it 'the next level'. The next level was certainly not Dowie but that decision to get him so much wrangles with me and you and other may say its history. Maybe i should just get over it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is funny.

And Leroy, I completely agree with your comments about our mutal friend CB.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Leroy, I'd agree with practically every word of that, except I'd quite like the occasional promotion, as it'd mean at least one season where we were winning lots of games. The occasional influx of Premier League cash wouldn't hurt either, as long as we weren't tempted to blow it on stupid wages in an attempt to stay up.

Oh, and what is the answer?
    BEER!
    Or curry.
    Or beer AND curry if you're so minded.
    But mainly to chill out and not take everything so damn seriously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]We should be aiming for excellance. We as the whole club. Excellance means being in the Premiership thats the whole point of the league structure.

Exactly - but the thing is we are not. Quite frankly IMO we are a club that deserves to be in league 1 next season and the way things are going this is exactly where the club will be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]Let's get behind the team on Tuesday (and for every other game) and hopefully enjoy gloating rights by beating Palace!!

But for me todays game had gloating rights of its own. I live in Sheffield and half the city are blue and white.
  • Options
    Aye to everything Leroy's said. With bells on.

Charlie Block is obsessed with the failings of the CAFC board as he is with trainspotting - I'm sorry, he's like dealing with a disabled cousin who might have to wear a nappy or something. You might think things are alright, but then suddenly then there's a big smell in the room... and our funny cousin has dropped a weird one and is ranting about nothing. I don't know what mental health provision is like in South Yorkshire, but in the meantime, we have to hold our breath (and our noses) and just... well... ignore it.

Then again, straight after the match there's some bollocks about the covered end being full of "low-lives, rude boys and Somalians" so maybe we should look after our own before we pick on the not-well of south Yorkshire.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    As to the original point of the thread.... does anyone know what the answer is?

Doubt if this is a long-term solution but I enjoyed seeing us with three at the back for a spell in the second half - maybe that's a pointer towards a solution. Then again, I know bugger all, but there definitely doesn't seem to be much spirit in that team.

I do fear, though, that if we lose to Palace, there may be an unstoppable momentum to get rid of Pardew. Which would be f*cking idiotic, and which would make us look like every other mug failure club with idiot fans.
  • Options
    Realised how depressing these threads can be.

Today could've been so much different if Gray had buried it to make it 2-0, but it wasn't to be.

From what I've seen so far, apart from Wolves, every team is on par with each other (as last year) and whoever turns up on the day takes the points...that'll be the story for the rest of the season...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Charlie Block is obsessed with the failings of the CAFC board

Not obsessed but IMO the board are to blame with the mess the club is in at the moment - we are in a worse position (especially in terms of position in the league) than the season that ended in our first promotion to the Premier League. Also having to resort to bribe supporters with a free season ticket. I seem to recall the board say summat like "we are doing all we can to get the club into the Premiership" but what are they actually doing? - selling all (or most) of the players whom are good enough to get the club promoted. Seems like they say or promise one thing but when it comes to delivering it is a completely different story. It appears to me that the board are telling lies about the club's promotion ambitions. Suggest the Charlton board have a career change and become politicians - most of which are also very good at telling the same sort of lies. I suppose I would have been happier if the board had kept quiet about any promotion ambitions and not offered a free season ticket.
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]As to the original point of the thread.... does anyone know what the answer is?
    I do fear, though, that if we lose to Palace, there may be an unstoppable momentum to get rid of Pardew.

We lose to Palace and the fact is it will be just the one very lucky win in six. Quite frankly this not good enough for a club who is supposed to have promotion ambitions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]From what I've seen so far, apart from Wolves, every team is on par with each other (as last year) and whoever turns up on the day takes the points...that'll be the story for the rest of the season...

Are you saying that most matches it will be the opposition that will be turning up and taking the points. Which will most likely result in the club being relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Dont make me a "cant see when we are shit type"

I would probably say that you are in a comfort zone of "accepting that the club being shit".