Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Charlton - Match thread

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Team news and all the usual malarky in here please

Comments

• Options
    Come on you rip roaring goal scoring addicks
  • Options
    oh its a grand old team to play for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Come on you rip roaring goal scoring addicks

2 in 4 away games "rip roaring" ;-)

Carm on!
  • Options
    sorry lads beer taking over
  • Options
    Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    off ESPN site:

Weaver

Moo2 Hudson Cranie Youga
    Sam Bailey Holland Ambrose
    Varney Toddy

S: Elliot, Semedo, Primus, Bouazza, Dickson
  • Options
    Looks quite a balanced team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]off ESPN site:

Weaver

Moo2 Hudson Cranie Youga
    Sam Bailey Holland Ambrose
    Varney Toddy

S: Elliot, Semedo, Primus, Bouazza, Dickson

Is that confirmed? No Wright, No McLeod, No Basey?
  • Options
    Just got it off the ESPN site - don't know how reliable that is
  • Options
    Commentary might be on here, if you can find the right local Ipswich station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Commentary on here is working for me.............so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]Just got it off the ESPN site - don't know how reliable that is

Confirmed on OS. Well spotted NA.

Don't know why I am surprised that players come in and out the 16 in such a way but I am.

Let's hope the lads who are playing do the business and we get three points.

Up the Addicks
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam played so well when he came on in the 2nd half, that Pards has picked him twice.
    Right there, right now on the OS:

Charlton: Weaver, Moutaouakil, Youga, Cranie, Hudson, Sam, Bailey, Holland, Sam, Varney, Todorov. Subs: Elliot, Primus, Semedo, Bouazza, Dickson.

'Tis true, I tell thee ........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Lloyd Sam played so well when he came on in the 2nd half, that Pards has picked him twice.

Charlton: Weaver, Moutaouakil, Youga, Cranie, Hudson,Sam, Bailey, Holland,Sam, Varney, Todorov. Subs: Elliot, Primus, Semedo, Bouazza, Dickson.

It's a long way to Portman Rd. Tom does say that Ambrose is part of the midfield in the text.
  • Options
    Poor Josh Wright. I don't know why he makes two/three changes from a team that "turned a corner" on Saturday.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Basey and Wright if they've been dropped.
  • Options
    I wonder why Josh Wright is Josh wrong tonight .....?

Out of the squad completely - and there was me thinking he played a decent game v Burnley, especially 2nd half.

If Gray's got family illness, Izzy not really ready yet, and Basey so slow last Sat you didn't think he was moving, despite creating the equaliser - those ommissions not really surprising.
  • Options
    Surprised Basey and Wright were dropped. Well, not surprised really with Pards, but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Poor Josh Wright. I don't know why he makes two/three changes from a team that "turned a corner" on Saturday.

Just the one from the 2nd half - Holland for Wright.

Ans DICKSON on the bench!!!!
  • Options
    Oops - missed Youga for Basey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Poor Josh Wright. I don't know why he makes two/three changes from a team that "turned a corner" on Saturday.

Just the one from the 2nd half - Holland for Wright.

Ans DICKSON on the bench!!!!

That'll give us some energy in midfield ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Lloyd Sam played so well when he came on in the 2nd half, that Pards has picked him twice.

Charlton: Weaver, Moutaouakil, Youga, Cranie, Hudson,Sam, Bailey, Holland,Sam, Varney, Todorov. Subs: Elliot, Primus, Semedo, Bouazza, Dickson.

It's a long way to Portman Rd. Tom does say that Ambrose is part of the midfield in the text.

I spotted Sam in twice - but didn't pick up on Ambrose being omitted. D'uh!
    P'raps I was thinking of last Saturday's 1st half performance, I didn't notice him then either!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We're off ....

"0:23
    Inswinging corner from left by-line taken right-footed by Darren Ambrose (Charlton) to centre, save (caught) by Richard Wright (Ipswich).

Not much of a corner then, Ambo
  • Options
    Coooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeee ooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Reddddddddddddssssssssssssssssss
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Poor Josh Wright. I don't know why he makes two/three changes from a team that "turned a corner" on Saturday.[/quote]

I think two games in a row for someone who has only played once is a lot to ask for. Especially as this is an away game with added pressure.
  • Options
    Maybe Pards left Wright out so the players wouldn't get confused: Ipswich have two Wrights playing.
  • Options
    Crazy, which station are you listening to? Radio Kent? Cos I can't get on it.
  • Options
    Good to see Dicko on the bench tonight
  • Options
    Newcastle 1-0 West Brom, Joey Barton Penalty
  • Options
    Lisbie goes close!