Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hey Pardew!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]We have had better days but lets get behind them on Saturday, we are unbeaten in two, lets keep that going and a win on Saturday will lift the mood a great deal.

HERE HERE!
  • Options
    It is a fact however that we aren't playing well enough to earn points. however I don't agree that its a fact that we are not good enough, I strongly feel the squad are underperforming and hence a managerial change could make a big difference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Agree with every word, SHG. I have still seen no evidence that AP is getting better...in fact, most things point to him getting worse...it feels to me like it has gone beyond a redeemable situation, unfortunately.

Fantastic, problem is, there is NOTHING we can do about this, so why can't everyone stop crying about the situation (that we can do jack about) and get behind the team with some positive energy.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    they original thread was someone urging him to resign, more interesting is whether he would or even what it would take to make him??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Agree with every word, SHG. I have still seen no evidence that AP is getting better...in fact, most things point to him getting worse...it feels to me like it has gone beyond a redeemable situation, unfortunately.

Fantastic, problem is, there is NOTHING we can do about this, so why can't everyone stop crying about the situation (that we can do jack about) and get behind the team with some positive energy.

Exactly. All this "Pardew out stuff" is fair enough on internet forums but during game??? For heaven sake lets get behind the team because an attack on the manager is an attack on the team and that can only be counter-productive!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    lol just taking the p1ss out of these plastics ;o)

Who you calling a plastic?
  • Options
    easy tiger
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]lol just taking the p1ss out of these plastics ;o)

Thought that one was a bit rich, I am sure he did not mean you though steve. :-)
  • Options
    bit of advice he dont feckin want to be.
  • Options
    Getting Pardew out and getting behind the team are for me not tied together in any way. I never boo any Charlton team and deplore those who do. However, Like I said earlier I think the teams poor displays lie very heavily at the feet of Alan Pardew. Sorry but I do think that if the team is fragile and lacking in confidence then it is mostly the managers and coaching staffs fault. Yes lets get behind the team on saturday but not be blind to the fact that we are now worse than we were this time last year and I for one cannot see any real sign of improvement. Disagree that we are stuck with Pards because we can`t afford to get rid. IMHO we cannot afford not to get rid. Relegation is looming chaps. Wake up and smell the coffee as the saying goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last year with all the new faces i thought ok give the guy sometime and maybe he will get his best 11 at somestage------- didnt happen. This year again alot of new faces , but people said a smaller squad will help Pards find his best 11 ---------------well it hasnt happened yet. The guy seems totaly lost. Change for change sake is just chaos .

As for peeps trying to spin 2 points in last 2 games as a real sign of upward mobility , surely thats a bigger sign of us all knowing we truely are in the smely stuff and straw clutching ?

Pards ---------------needs to go. Billy Davies in.
  • Options
    Tend to agree GH although if we could afford Big Sam I would prefer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Pards
    needs to go. Billy Davies in.

If he didn't want the job before, why would he now?
  • Options
    Mr Tax Dodger i believe that Billy Davies turned it down re the control of transfers etc etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Last year with all the new faces i thought ok give the guy sometime and maybe he will get his best 11 at somestage
    didnt happen. This year again alot of new faces , but people said a smaller squad will help Pards find his best 11
    well it hasnt happened yet. The guy seems totaly lost. Change for change sake is just chaos .

As for peeps trying to spin 2 points in last 2 games as a real sign of upward mobility , surely thats a bigger sign of us all knowing we truely are in the smely stuff and straw clutching ?

Pards
    needs to go. Billy Davies in.

As far as this post is concerned, for me, first two para's are nail on the head. I have supported Pardew all the way and will continue to do so all the time he is our manager. I am really really hoping that he can turn it around but deep down I don't think he is the man to do it..............................oh to be proved wrong!!!

Who is the man to do it?..............Feck knows..........
  • Options
    re billy davies.
    didn't he turn it down because he wanted to bring in his own people but we wanted some sort of cafc continuity within the coaching set up?
    if it was the control of transfers, then imo he wont touch us.

as mentioned a few weeks ago, if we were in the position where we needed a new manager, i think mark bowen should be seriously considered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]lol just taking the p1ss out of these plastics ;o)

it was a joke hence the wink!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]mark bowen

I think he's a great shout but we'd have to pay a release - can't see it

I just think Pardew needs to be made to realise that regardless of the likes of Gray, Ambrose, Youga etc. who are CLEAR underperformers, it is my opinion that since last December or so, the number one under-achiever at our football club has been him. regardless of transfer policy out of his control etc. his tactics/selection and soundbites are just not up to scratch. He needs to pull his finger out with the help of Mr. Murray and the other experienced campaigners and that begins with keeping his mouth shut and instilling continuity and a team ethic... we cannot have eleven players fighting for each other and fighting for the club and the fans every week if four of them are different each game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]bit of advice he dont feckin want to be.

lol I would never call anyone who supports CAFC a plastic in a serious manner!

At the end of the day however much some people moan, they still support charlton! Sorry if i offended NSS not my intention lol!
  • Options
    I don't know how we would go about replacing him, but Pardew has shown himself to be a shit manager, pure and simple.

Getting a new manager in often has an immediate benefit (and we need to see an improvement very quickly). I now would take that chance as Pardew has had long enough to try and make it work and I really now think that he IS as clueless as he appears. Time for someone else to have a go.

And Mr Block, please just piss off - I hope you never get within a mile of Murray and Co because I'd hate for them to see just how ungrateful and moronic some of our fans are. If they left, then we would REALLY be in the shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'jimmymelrose' has been over from France and has seen the last two performances. I think his views, when he posts them on his return, are quite telling. It's interesting to hear the views of someone who is a little detached from seeing us play week in, week out.

From my point of view I am with Razil in that we have a decent enough squad but are not getting nowhere near enough out of it. That is down to one man only. Things need to improve dramatically over the next few weeks but I'm already of the opinion that Pardew doesn't have a clue what he is doing or is even close to what he feels is his best eleven.
  • Options
    Where is Golfaddick when you need him :-)
  • Options
    even golfie was so gobsmaked last night he can't even be bovvered.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Large,

Before the Burnley game the last game I saw was Wolves (H) on September 13th... close-season aside that's by far my longest absence from CAFC since my dad first took me when i was about 2 years old.

I remembered playing footy in the park at about 10 or 11 and thought our team had more cohesion and bottle than that first half display. As someone that hasn't seen a minute of any performance since that Wolves game I cannot believe how far backwards we've come - first half we battered the league leaders! Second half we turned it around and I'm begging for some consistency in performance and selection, with guys like Bailey and Hudson we cannot surely fail to instill some fight into our team. I return on Dec 19th and hope to be on the train up to Carrow Road the next day to watch another completely changed team in terms of psychology.
  • Options
    And, ISaw, you're dead right about what's dead wrong with the team - the psychology of both players and management is where the problem lies.

If the manager's psychology is wrong, then that's his fault, obviously.
    And if the player's psychology is wrong, then that's the manager's fault too!

Preparation + opportunity = success

What in the preparation, tactics and motivation of the team is going wrong?
    We can guess. But really we need the man himself to tell us.

Or put it right !
  • Options
    Basically, it's all down to Chris Dickson hanging onto the ball too long.
  • Options
    Agree with those who see the problems as a mental rather than ability one. The players are currently all over the place, they need someone to get their heads screwed on right. Pardew may be the guy to do that, he may not, but they need persuading that they can play as a team again by someone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]And Mr Block, please just piss off - I hope you never get within a mile of Murray and Co because I'd hate for them to see just how ungrateful and moronic some of our fans are. If they left, then we would REALLY be in the shit.

Why should I be grateful when the club is in the worst shit for nearly 20 years? Why should I be grateful for a group of individuals who during the past three years have taken an established premiership club to one that is one that looks like being relegated again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]And Mr Block, please just piss off - I hope you never get within a mile of Murray and Co because I'd hate for them to see just how ungrateful and moronic some of our fans are. If they left, then we would REALLY be in the shit.

Why should I be grateful when the club is in the worst shit for nearly 20 years? Why should I be grateful for a group of individuals who during the past three years have taken an established premiership club to one that is one that looks like being relegated again.

This isn't even the worst in the last 20 years
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    They don't have bottomless pockets Charlie, yes they screwed up on Dowie and on Reed but don't you think they know that? Don't you think they hurt and blame themselves that "their baby" is in the state it's in at the moment after years of blood and sweat and probably tears they've put into rescuing us and then turning us around. I think they are probably every bit as upset, disappointed and disillusioned as any of us. I for one am grateful for the Premiership years. What an experience. Who honestly thought in 1994 we would be back at OT in 4 and a half years year in year out as a league game? Get real, we are f****** Charlton... always maligned, always forgotten, always belittled but who cares? It's always going to be about our club, we'll fight on and wherever we play next season we will be there.