Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hey Pardew!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    The Club, The Players & the Board still have my 100% backing & will continue to do so for the rest of the Season, I am just saying the Manager no longer falls into that category for me anymore. Just how I feel now, don't even think three, four five consecutive wins will make me change my mind now.
  • Options
    PAAAAARPPP! yeah it was

I always give same backing week in week out whatever I may talk about on here
  • Options
    Pardew's not doing himself any favours by constantly changing the team and telling everybody that he doesn't have a clue what his best side is.
    He sees the team every day on the training pitch so that's one thing he should know.
    If he picks the best 11 and they are not good enough then he's done his job properly and it's up to the board to buy some better ones.

One thing about Curbs was you got the impression he always knew in his mind what he thought the best 11 was, even if it meant sometimes he didn't change things about enough if we were going through a bad run
  • Options
    I've always been a Pards supporter ..... and not surprisingly for me, lol, I admire his positivity - providing it's backed up with common sense and not desperation/empty promises.

But over the last few months I've been increasingly baffled by not only the chopping & changes - but tactics.
    I like to think over many seasons of actually playing the game that I've gained a broad understanding of how it's played, albeit not at professional level ..... but, but, BUT - it's basically a simple game, harnessing the strengths of your players.

This is my point .......time and time again, we see some of our most talented and experienced players looking lost in games.

Andy Gray, for example .....an experienced productive player and unfailingly regular goalscorer for his previous clubs . But at Charlton, he looks completely isolated and bemused, rarely getting the service he always thrived on elsewhere.

Why not? The guy was invariably worth 15-20 goals a season at his previous clubs, and earned a decent solid reputation.

He's a proven player - so why have we no players who can provide the ammunition?

I'm rambling on a bit, I know - but even I've got so frustrated!
  • Options
    Wish I could have put it all so eloquently as Grapevine 49 - then I might have avoided some of the grief I've had on here for months! ;-)

Even after the start of this season - certainly after Swansea and Reading games - I thought he might be able to prove me and a few others wrong. A bit like Ketman, now, though, I have pretty much lost all faith that he can turn it round.

Doesn't half leave us in a difficult situation...sadly.

Jorge Costa - now you are talking, but didn't he get sacked by Braga? I may be wrong...
  • Options
    Yeah he was a casualty at Braga
  • Options
    People keep saying we cannot afford to sack the Manager, but I wonder how long before we get to the point where we cannot afford NOT to sack him. It may be far sooner than people would care to admit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]People keep saying we cannot afford to sack the Manager, but I wonder how long before we get to the point where we cannot afford NOT to sack him. It may be far sooner than people would care to admit.

Well, given the recent run (all be it 2 draws in the last 2), he needs the results desperately. Even though (I'm sure I've read) that the board have said they wont be changing manager, if this side keep losing, then there will only be one outcome. The club will not want to face relegation to League 1, that's for sure...
  • Options
    Some very eloquent, insightful and well thought-out contributions here.

I fear I can't match them. But switching games for a minute - bear with me and you will see why - I'm struck by something that Shaun Udal said last night about Middlesex's very poor showing in the 20-20s in Antigua.

He said that they had to analyse where they had got it wrong and been found wanting, and work at adding that 5-10 per cent extra to their game.

And I thought of Pardew. Because despite the clueless nature of some periods of our play, there have been v good spells of late , too - v Bristol City, Burnley and Ipswich (even if it was only the last ten mins v the latter).

In other words, we're not a million per cent away from being a decent championship side - and, given the lack of top quality in this league, we're not even a thousand per cent away from being a side that could push for the play-offs.

It really is just down to that 5-10 per cent difference that Udal spoke about.

And it should not be above any half-decent coaching staff to raise the game of an obviously talented bunch of players by 5-10 per cent.

Should it?