Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ross and Brand Suspended

Comments

• Options
    Pair of twats. I'm happy for the book to get thrown at them, for that reason alone. If they were working for a commercial channel, I'd be less bothered. If someone wants to pay these unfunnies millions then, it's their lookout, but I really object with taxpayers money being used on the likes of these.
  • Options
    All this proves to me is that certain 'celebrities' have become so far detached from reality through their self-centred self-interest, they simply do not give a jot about anyone other than themselves, and in this case, their so called apology is nothing to do with remorse, but everything to do with public image.

Immature, egotistical idiots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]It didn't go out live and that for me is the big point, if there is a problem it's a editorial/compliance problem at the BBC.

Easier to blame the presenters then the producers/controllers.

I totally agree. Whether you like or hate them. Personally I like JR and don't particularly like RB. The fact is this was not a live prank which went wrong. Somebody had production and editorial responsibility for what went out. That said, two complaints? Well yes until a bandwagon of complainers is created, whipped up by the Daily Mail, and presumably made up mainly from the Fawlty Towers Appreciation Society. I would claim to be an honorary member of that organisation.

Lets not forget though that FT would almost certainly not be allowed today given the anti-spanish stereotypical Manuel played by Sachs, the use of the N word to describe West Indians, and the anti German stuff.

It's sad that things have got to this stage but lets not get too holy about something that should never have been broadcast.

Whether it was broadcast live or not is irrelevant IMO, they still left disgusting messages about the mans granddaughter on his phone, at yours & mine expense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]All this proves to me is that certain 'celebrities' have become so far detached from reality through their self-centred self-interest, they simply do not give a jot about anyone other than themselves, and in this case, their so called apology is nothing to do with remorse, but everything to do with public image.

Immature, egotistical idiots.

Agreed.
  • Options
    feck who pays for it.

They phoned an old man who has more talent in his arse than these 2 tossers altoghether and were rude and obnoxious,

that old man is from a generation that do not act in such a manner and if we were talking about hoodies phoning an elderly person and leaving filth like that on his phone most would want them strung up.

the pair of them need a good kicking IMO
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yep totaly enjoying it.

cant stand Brand , he did same re Rod Stewarts daughter and when Rod had a word he said sorry--- needs a slap.

and Aunty Beed is a joke

So did The Bollywood actress complain re that daft essex birds rant on BB ? no she didnt. 30,000 people complained . This is differant because you say so !
  • Options
    Russell Brand does not get paid Millions... Jonathan Ross signed a massive deal for a long contract 3-5 years to make the highly sucessfull Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Film 2008 and various other projects for BBC3 and BBC4, he was paid an alleged fee of around £18m spread over 5 years is rougly 3m a year which is up there with Ant and Dec and Vernon Kay yet no one mentions that ever, We really need to get a grip people!! as i said earlier Sachs was a booked guest and he did not turn up!!!!! as a few of u may know i work in the media industry and if you fail to show to an interview without any notice you are doomed .
  • Options
    The Sachs have complained about it being broadcast, not the call itself.

This from the Mails website sums the outrage up

I'm delighted the Mail brought this matter to our attention so soon after it was broadcast so we could take action. I would never have known about the distasteful antics of those two hairy bullies otherwise.
    - Doreen, Dorset, 29/10/2008 08:00
  • Options
    I can't make my mind up on this one. I am appalled by what the two cretins did, but do feel that we are (to nick Rothko's words) in the middle of a media circus. I suspect the granddaughter (my personal view) will be quite enjoying the limelight - or, perhaps she is more of a shrinking violet than I have her down for. If this has caused so much offence then all parties would have been looking to accept apologies quickly and put this to bed. But no ......

1905's "next steps" prediction:

Grand daughter sues and continues to be idolised by the Sun for the next couple of weeks - culminating in a P3 shot
    Cretins get sacked by BBC
    Sun digs up a load of "past" relating to the Grand daughter
    Grand daughter gets undisclosed out of court settlement - smaller than expected due to the crap the sun has dug up
    Cretins get taken on by ITV
    No one hears of the Grand daughter again
    Charlton finish mid table
    We all live happy ever after.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Both Sachs AND his grandaughter have complained.

I notice that she still sold her 'story' to the Sun so she's not done badly out of it has she.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothco say some two bit scum bags phone your Grand dad up and left repeated obscene stuff about another one of your relatives on his answer phone , how ould you feel then?

The Beeb should have reacted quicker , rather than let this rubbish fester.

Sachs received a letter of apologising from Ross , which he accepted. As for Brand i admit cant stand the arsehole, so i hope he gets alot of shit. We know though that they will be back and in the cash very soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Rothco say some two bit scum bags phone your Grand dad up and left repeated obscene stuff about another one of your relatives on his answer phone , how ould you feel then?

The Beeb should have reacted quicker , rather than let this rubbish fester.

Sachs received a letter of apologising from Ross , which he accepted. As for Brand i admit cant stand the arsehole, so i hope he gets alot of shit. We know though that they will be back and in the cash very soon.

Unless they've got a direct line to his coffin, it'll be a bastard to get through.
  • Options
    Well if he were alive then? would it bother you?

I love andrew sachs and he appears to be upset by all this.
  • Options
    well lets not bother answering the question then.
  • Options
    Yet as football fans we can sing obscene songs to inidividual players or sets of fans etc.

Funny old world.
  • Options
    Good point though WSS how about the same people who are saying theres nothing wrong with the BBC story they couldnt be the same people surely moaning about obscene chanting and booing etc etc ---
  • Options
    Miss Baillie, who dances in a burlesque troop called Satanic Sluts, told The Sun: "What's funny about humiliating a lovely old man who has never harmed anyone in his life?

"My grandfather is really upset and says he wants the whole situation to end.

"I will be speaking to him to ask whether we should complain to the police and we'll be making the decision as a family"

Maybe the media should listen to Manuel's wishes and drop the coverage as he wants it to end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yet as football fans we can sing obscene songs to inidividual players or sets of fans etc.

Please speak for yourself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Sachs has already said the apologies should not be directed at him, but to his grandaughter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well if he were alive then? would it bother you?

All comes back to Andrew Sachs being a national tresury I suppose.

Would he have been bothered if he were alive, I dunno, I can't project my feeling on to him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Chirpy. You're the model human being. Jesus, why do we have to take things so literally.
  • Options
    Chirpy is Doreen from Dorset.
  • Options
    because they are written ?
  • Options
    Brand can do one, always hated him but the whole thing has been totally blown out of proportion

The facts are as R stated, until the Mail took it and ran with it, only 2 people had complained due to use of the F word - now it's gone beyond the pale. should be an apology and the producer as the man in charge - who actually sanctioned its broadcasting!!! should go. they are laddish comedians? how much crude material do you think ends up on the cutting room floor that you could get away in the pub but not on TV or Radio? That's exactly why there are people supposed to be "monitoring" it.

Have a look at her websites, and her confession that he actually had f***** her! if that was my granddaughter i'd be ashamed of that first and foremost!
  • Options
    It was pre-recorded, Ross has apologised and it was accepted. Therefore the blame most lie with the BBC and Brand. As for Georgie, she'll love the attention and it's going to be a big step up in her career.
  • Options
    As you say FoD if Brand had just apologised, taken a big step out of the limelight and done what Ross did maybe it might have stopped gathering pace... acting like the smug pillock he is has done him no favours - im honestly surprised he's never got a slap at Upton Park
  • Options
    Brand has apologised, on air, and I think now in person.

I've grown to quite like Brand, you got to have some respect for someone as ropey as him becoming such an accomplished swords men.
  • Options
    Perhaps if Miss Baillie was so conscious of her grandfather wanting the story to end, she wouldn't have signed up with Max Clifford and sold her story to The Sun, and so helped to give it new life.

No such thing as bad publicity, obviously.

Brand and Ross went over the top, but the indignation from people who didn't hear it - and then for the likes of Gordon Brown and David Cameron to get involved - is way out of proportion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]you got to have some respect for someone as ropey as him becoming such an accomplished swords men

I only possess envy that that tramp gets in so many babes' alans!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Brand has apologised, on air, and I think now in person.

I've grown to quite like Brand, you got to have some respect for someone as ropey as him becoming such an accomplished swords men.

The words Brand and respect are something of a dicotomy are they not?