Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ross and Brand Suspended

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Perhaps if Miss Baillie was so conscious of her grandfather wanting the story to end, she wouldn't have signed up with Max Clifford and sold her story to The Sun, and so helped to give it new life.

No such thing as bad publicity, obviously.

Brand and Ross went over the top, but the indignation from people who didn't hear it - and then for the likes of Gordon Brown and David Cameron to get involved - is way out of proportion.

Spot on, there are just so many people who need to really get over themselves!
  • Options
    This all boils down to the fact Brand and Ross are earning vast sums of money and people want to see them brought down a peg or two.
    I've seen worse things on channel 4 ,well before the watershed ,and not one mention of it anywhere.

Think Jonathan Ross needs to grow up a bit though.He's got a wife and kids ffs.
  • Options
    One this is for sure Brands Ponderland is going to get some great viewing figures....
  • Options
    IMHO the only people who have a right to complain are Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter. No one has been halmed. The rest is just a witchhunt. I personally think RB is very funny, he may bend the line sometimes but he is a genius. I think it was just a case of 2 broadcasters showing off to each other and it got out of hand, think some people need to get a grip
  • Options
    If this means that we are no longer forced (through the licence fee) to pay the millions given to that unfunny egotistical nob Jonathan Ross then I think I'll jump the bandwagon and sign the Daily Mail's petition or whatever.

But what Mr left foot pointed out summed it all up, really. "Please make it stop..." (after the Sun exclusives, naturally). You gotta laugh. Or not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]IMHO the only people who have a right to complain are Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter. No one has been halmed. The rest is just a witchhunt. I personally think RB is very funny, he may bend the line sometimes but he is a genius. I think it was just a case of 2 broadcasters showing off to each other and it got out of hand, think some people need to get a grip

Genius...come off it mate!!
  • Options
    I used to love friday night with jonathan ross. Used to really belly laugh. but i thought his interview with Daniel Craig was rubbish on friday, taking the words out of a hat to make a name of the next bond film etc that wasnt interesting nor funny. tho daniel craig comes across a bit of a bore himself.

Anyway hopefully JR can get back on track as i do like him. I think im just getting old but not a fan of Brand at all.

Have not read the articles but does this mean there will be no Friday night with JR this week?
  • Options
    Its Brass eye the pedo specail all over again, people just jumping on board to attack things they havnt even herd. and HE HAS tupped her!!! for the love of god people, there is so much more to worry about at the moment, like the fact that cornbeef in a can is now £1.87 in ASDA!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]IMHO the only people who have a right to complain are Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter. No one has been halmed. The rest is just a witchhunt. I personally think RB is very funny, he may bend the line sometimes but he is a genius. I think it was just a case of 2 broadcasters showing off to each other and it got out of hand, think some people need to get a grip

Fine, the next time someone racially abuses a Charlton player we should all ignore it as its only him who has the right to complain.

We had an incident in the North stand lower against Sheff Wed a few weeks back with a black supporter being racially abused, it got loads of coverage on here, from people who neither heard it or saw it, didn't stop people claiming outrage and calling for people to be banned etc.

Double standards from a lot of people on here IMO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I used to love friday night with jonathan ross. Used to really belly laugh. but i thought his interview with Daniel Craig was rubbish on friday, taking the words out of a hat to make a name of the next bond film etc that wasnt interesting nor funny. tho daniel craig comes across a bit of a bore himself.
    I only watched it last week for Grace Jones and Tony Curtis - Daniel Craig is always a crap interview...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've all done stupid things we regret but not all of us on the radio, I think an apology should suffice (to the grand-daughter as well) and let it drop. They must feel pretty bad about it now. If I was Andrew Sachs I would get revenge by announcing what a shit lover his grand-daughter said Brand was and such a small penis...that should do the trick!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Have not read the articles but does this mean there will be no Friday night with JR this week?

filming was later today, it's been cancelled, bet all his American guests will be well chuffed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Have not read the articles but does this mean there will be no Friday night with JR this week?

filming was later today, it's been cancelled, bet all his American guests will be well chuffed!

maybe they will all leave rude messages on his mobile phone after the short notice cancellation?
  • Options
    I can't stand either Brand or Ross. But actually found the incident quite amusing. I was entertained. Which went some way to justifying their huge paypackets. I might even tune in future...

Totally agree with Mystic 1905 that is exactly what'll happen except the finishing midtable part.
  • Options
    Lets face it most of the people who are outraged on here are so because they hate Brand and Ross.
    If it was Ronnie Corbett and Brucie who'd made the call they'd be saying "oh well it was a silly jape gone wrong, they're said sorry, so lets just leave it"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Lets face it most of the people who are outraged on here are so because they hate Brand and Ross.
    If it was Ronnie Corbett and Brucie who'd made the call they'd be saying "oh well it was a silly jape gone wrong, they're said sorry, so lets just leave it"

How wrong you are, already said I like Ross, been to see him record shows, so water, out of, blown, your argument :-)
  • Options
    eeeeuwwww dansmudge... i'd be sick if i heard about ronnie corbetter or brucie shagging a pole dancer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Lets face it most of the people who are outraged on here are so because they hate Brand and Ross.

Nah, if the call had been made by Jim Davidson and someone like him, it would be fetted as a great moment of comedy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

How wrong you are, already said I like Ross, been to see him record shows, so water, out of, blown, your argument :-)

I said "most of the people on here" I'm sure quite a few of you don't mind Ross.

but I guarantee if you ask all the "outraged" what they thought of Brand, the VAST majority would say they think he's a twat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Nah, if the call had been made by Jim Davidson and someone like him, it would be fetted as a great moment of comedy

er no i dont think so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]IMHO the only people who have a right to complain are Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter. No one has been halmed. The rest is just a witchhunt. I personally think RB is very funny, he may bend the line sometimes but he is a genius. I think it was just a case of 2 broadcasters showing off to each other and it got out of hand, think some people need to get a grip[/quote]

Fine, the next time someone racially abuses a Charlton player we should all ignore it as its only him who has the right to complain.

We had an incident in the North stand lower against Sheff Wed a few weeks back with a black supporter being racially abused, it got loads of coverage on here, from people who neither heard it or saw it, didn't stop people claiming outrage and calling for people to be banned etc.

Double standards from a lot of people on here IMO.[/quote]

OK fair comment and i do agree, everyone who is offended by something has the right to voice their opinion but he is sooo funny. Think RB is somebody you either love or hate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I used to love friday night with jonathan ross. Used to really belly laugh. but i thought his interview with Daniel Craig was rubbish on friday, taking the words out of a hat to make a name of the next bond film etc that wasnt interesting nor funny. tho daniel craig comes across a bit of a bore himself.
    I only watched it last week for Grace Jones and Tony Curtis - Daniel Craig is always a crap interview...

only problem is that Grace is nowhere near as scary as she used to be. If you could invite five famous people round for dinner she'd be one of mine. If you could invite 100 Daniel Craig still wouldn't get an invite. What a boring old git. Cure for insomnia.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Exactly my point but with a much better example than I thought of!
  • Options
    Dont see how thats relevant, they were both out of order.

At the end of the day, anyone who leaves messages like that on someones answerphone, about that persons granddaughter or any family member, whether famous or not, whether done in the alleged name of humour or not, is out of order.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]

I said "most of the people on here" I'm sure quite a few of you don't mind Ross.

but I guarantee if you ask all the "outraged" what they thought of Brand, the VAST majority would say they think he's a twat.

pretty much sums up the view of the people I work with. Every single one of them fits into this category, and not one of them has actually listened to the broadcast.

suspending the pair is simply a case of shutting the stable door after the bandwagon has wandered off down the high street filled with a multitude of the righteous
  • Options
    I only watched it last week for Grace Jones and Tony Curtis - Daniel Craig is always a crap interview...[/quote]

only problem is that Grace is nowhere near as scary as she used to be. If you could invite five famous people round for dinner she'd be one of mine. If you could invite 100 Daniel Craig still wouldn't get an invite. What a boring old git. Cure for insomnia...[/quote]

Daniel Craig does not have to buy into the celebrity chit chat, he is a great actor (evidence our friends in the north) and gorgeous. If Daniel wants to check out insomnia cures on me on the grounds of science i will check it out i suppose (god hope hubby does not see this!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Miss Baillie, who dances in a burlesque troop calledSatanic Sluts, told The Sun: "What's funny about humiliating a lovely old man who has never harmed anyone in his life?

"My grandfather is really upset and sayshe wants the whole situation to end.

"I will be speaking to him to ask whether we should complain to the police and we'll be making the decision as a family"

Maybe the media should listen to Manuel's wishes and drop the coverage as he wants it to end.
    This has changed my mind. She sounds a proper little slag. Brand did the right thing to inform Manuel about this. I'd like them to put this on as a Xmas special where Manuel is in a tizz because his granddaughter is visiting. He thinks she is helping other residents, but she is getting her backdoors smashed in by a succession of hotel guests (including the major, if he's still with us), much to the consternation of Basil, who has to stop Manuel from finding out about her casual slutishness which he manages by slapping him in the forehead and kicking him up the arse.

The show ends with Manuel finding out and his face going all sad like this :-( while Basil does his Hitler impression in an attempt to cheer the old fella up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Dont see how thats relevant, they were both out of order.

At the end of the day, anyone who leaves messages like that on someones answerphone, about that persons granddaughter or any family member, whether famous or not, whether done in the alleged name of humour or not, is out of order.

I suppose the point I'm trying make is that a lot of people, if they are really really honest with themselves, probably aren't that offended by it all but just love to put the boot into people like Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross.

I'm haven't got any strong feelings one way or the other about them but just think the ban is a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    that was funnier Mortimerican !
  • Options
    I should have added:

but if you are generally offended by it then fair enough.