Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

USA Election - Anyone Interested?

Comments

• Options
    why does the thread go all horrible to read when someone puts a you tube link in? makes it awful to read.
  • Options
    I couldnt give a monkies what happens in America, just like they couldnt give a damm what happens outside there country
  • Options
    If McCain wins, it will be an astonishing feat for a Republican to win when the incumbant is so unpopular and at a time of economic crisis.

If McCain wins it'll be the result of either the biggest surprise in electoral history, or more likely complete fraud.
  • Options
    Interested yes but that's it.

Listening to the BBC you can see why why some refer to the UK being the 51st state - they're absolutely full of it, saturated wall-to-wall coverage, phone-ins, the lot.

Well over the top, it's getting silly.
  • Options
    agreed, dont see there being much 'change' whoever is the boss man tbh. whoever the leader is knows they do not command support across large swathes of the country and in the best manner of democracies around the world will seek the middle road between them. the american middle being a bit different from most though.
  • Options
    Makes a difference to our foreign policy, economic policy and the way we trade with the US.

Looking forward to tonight, hopefully the polls are correct and Barack wins by a landslide.
  • Options
    because you agree with his policies I presume?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]because you agree with his policies I presume?

Why else would I want him to win?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]because you agree with his policies I presume?

Why else would I want him to win?

As I write, I am watching McCain on the tele and he doesn't look like a man that would live for the duration of a perisidential term let alone be effective for that period. That might be another reason to want Obama to win. Not the best reason, but certainly a reason.
  • Options
    you tell me, his policies I mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well for one withdrawing from Iraq and taking a proper approach to dealing with Afganistan would be a good one to start with. Your turn
  • Options
    Come on you OBAMAAAA!
  • Options
    Couldn't give a monkeys about it and am sick to death of the wall-to-wall coverage on our TV stations. Doesn't matter which particular bunch of cretins they vote in - our economy will still suffer as a result.
  • Options
    Interested about seeing if Playboy offer Sarah Palin $1 Million Dollars to pose nude after all this election stuff has finished.
  • Options
    Won't make agreat deal of difference who gets in really...The States is run by lawyers at the end of the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    its the people behind the throne that have the power ----- Dick Chaney etc etc--- New World Order (not the band !). It was always said thet Bush Snr/Jnr got the money from big Oil ----- maybe. Who though will be pulling the strings re Obama ? where did his record breaking multi millions come from re his campagn ?

Cant help feeling its going to be like Blair all smoke and mirrors-- lots of polish and no substance at all.

Obamas take on off shore drilling ---------- he dont want it and says it will take 7 years for the oil to come on line. He says the USA can develope sustainable power which will be quicker to get on line. Thats true. what he didnt say was that the off shore oil is supposed to replace 15 % of the USA`s imported oil and that it would take donkeys years (if it could be done at all) for wind/sola/wave power etc to make up that 15 %. In the mean time the USA will have to get its oil from the middle east (Iraq that means Rothco) , so dont expect him to pull the plug on Iraq of the deals that Haliburton etc have done there.
  • Options
    The biggest supplier of crude oil to the US is it's northern neighbour.

US Oil

If McCain wins I'm fully prepared for a US invasion.
  • Options
    Oakster look up LNG mate its where its all going on !!
  • Options
    Rothko, that is something he said a few years ago, before the successes following the 'surge' not after. He wanted out of there in a vietnam style, but the time to pull out is now that it is settled, not exactly his best example of a policy. He would of pulled out and left it to its own devices, McCain also wants outta there, but supported the surge. He was wrong on that one, any more?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palin is nuttier than a rabid rat left in a room with no doors or windows festooned with fleas..... she is truly a f#ckwit of the highest magnitude.
  • Options
    pilchard, you've been watching too many US 'comedy' programmes, get a view of your own.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Comedy videos like this one you mean?

WHAT a f**king moron

Check this out for a comparison - on an intellectual par with each other I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My views are all my own dear Steve, Palin is a genuine grade A nutter! That video is a classic by the way!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]The biggest supplier of crude oil to the US is it's northern neighbour.

US Oil

It'll happen one day Oakster, if it's not for our energy it'll be for our water.

Obama for me of course
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]pilchard, you've been watching too many US 'comedy' programmes, get a view of your own.

Listened to her this morning - Her first comment was "Voting is coooool" - Enough said
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes and all those oooooooooooooooooooo so hard line comedy people really had a go at Obama didnt they .

Alternative comedy doooooooooooooooooooooooooo f**k off.

Vancover what did Obamas running partner say this mornng ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes and all those oooooooooooooooooooo so hard line comedy people really had a go at Obama didnt they .

That's because she's an easy target GH and imo out of her depth
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]The biggest supplier of crude oil to the US is it's northern neighbour.

US Oil

It'll happen one day Oakster, if it's not forourenergy it'll be forourwater.

Obama for me of course

I'm heading your way tomorrow again - flying into Comox, visiting a client in Nanaimo & then taking the ferry over from Saanich, will be in Vancouver tomorrow night - latish I guess.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes and all those oooooooooooooooooooo so hard line comedy people really had a go at Obama didnt they .

Vancover what did Obamas running partner say this mornng ?

Not sure mate - caught it on the radio before going to work that I listened to for about 2 mins and surprisingly they weren't bothered about biden