Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

USA Election - Anyone Interested?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2008
    I hope we dont !

strange algarve in two weeks i have been blasted for having a go at someone when i clearly said the opposite, been accused of threatening people , (both i received apologies from the people) been moaned at re a thread i didnt even get involved in -------------------- there are times i really should be as nasty as my press and just say bollox to everyone ---------- oh sh*it i do !

Maybe ill run for this Forum thingy. " Goonerhater --- reading Silence of The Lambs and representing The Dark side , i eat Vegans and shoot cyclists"".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite] shoot cyclists"".

Ohhh GH thats a bit cyclist?? Cyclism will not be tolerated!! ;-)
  • Options
    Tell u one thing that youhave to admire re these elections was the fact that people qued up for over 4 hours to vote in some places. Couldnt see that happening here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]shoot cyclists"".

Ohhh GH thats a bit cyclist?? Cyclism will not be tolerated!! ;-)

Especially not by our mate Rothers...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I hope we dont !

strange algarve in two weeks i have been blasted for having a go at someone when i clearly said the opposite, been accused of threatening people , (both i received apologies from the people) been moaned at re a thread i didnt even get involved in
    there are times i really should be as nasty as my press and just say bollox to everyone
    oh sh*it i do !

Maybe ill run for this Forum thingy. " Goonerhater --- reading Silence of The Lambs and representing The Dark side , i eat Vegans and shoot cyclists"".

the applications closed on the 11th October, but I'm sure you'll still be with us when applications open next time round!
  • Options
    Weegie is Rothers a cyclist then ? well i never !!!!!!!! i should really apolagise (sic) but actually im loading me gun !
  • Options
    Suzi - are you running the place at the moment? I think you'd do a very good job! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Weegie is Rothers a cyclist then ? well i never !!!!!!!! i should really apolagise (sic) but actually im loading me gun !

You mean you really didn't know???? I don't believe it!
  • Options
    Suzziiiiiiii involved with the club !!! well i never

two shocks id better sit down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Suzziiiiiiii involved with the club !!! well i never

two shocks id better sit down.

It's one of those days when the world changes, mate. Now we're back on topic :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I hope we dont !

strange algarve in two weeks i have been blasted for having a go at someone when i clearly said the opposite, been accused of threatening people , (both i received apologies from the people) been moaned at re a thread i didnt even get involved in
    there are times i really should be as nasty as my press and just say bollox to everyone
    oh sh*it i do !

So as I said, you have an image problem GH. I have friends who know Russell Brand, he's a cracking bloke, his image says otherwise. I am sure the same applies to you. You need toget a new PR man... LOL
  • Options
    Nope. Thanks for the advice -- but to old,people believe what they want to(see this thread),no one is as good ,bad or evil, as others believe.

on topic . I truely hope people get what they believe they voted for in Obama. Life tells me that ALL politicos let us down.
  • Options
    I wonder if Beckham voted
  • Options
    has he been there 5 years? if no then nope no voting as no full US residency.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Nope. Thanks for the advice -- but to old,people believe what they want to(see this thread),no one is as good ,bad or evil, as others believe.

on topic . I truely hope people get what they believe they voted for in Obama. Life tells me that ALL politicos let us down.

That sir, is so true!
  • Options
    Nobody told us down here in Cornwall about any bloody election.

When's it on ......... ?
    And did New Labour get the boot?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]on topic . I truely hope people get what they believe they voted for in Obama. Life tells me that ALL politicos let us down.

Good man he may be but even Jesus Christ would struggle to live up to the expectation heaped on his shoulders. I hope for his sake that he is able to achieve something and not be overwhelmed with the crises which are not of his making.
  • Options
    Obama is not black & he is not white. He has a black father and white mother and as a result he is brown.

I don't know if people voted for him because he is brown but I desperately wanted him to win. Why?
    1. Because I've read his book 'The Audacity of Hope' which I would recommend to anyone. Personally I found myself agreeing with everything he said.
    2. Because Bush was a world disaster and McCain supported his proposals (I think it was 95%) of the time. As for Palin - enough said.
  • Options
    Audacity of Hope is a wonderful book, and you have to agree with him on huge amounts of it.
  • Options
    Do you?...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Do you?...

Yes I do, or you going to turn yet another thread into a lazy swipe at me?
  • Options
    Dry your eyes..
  • Options
    there will be many reasons that peeps voted for him the sad thing is one ofthe key reasons was his race , and you cant say it wasnt. Main three reasons i would suggest.

1) time to get the republicans out.
    2) his race.
    3) Bush Jnr a total twat.

as for this credit crunch thing not being of his making , dont foregt that the democrats also voted for the free market and de-regulation.

When Colen Powell has a whisper in his ear , i fully expect that there will be no significant change in the war in Iraq.
  • Options
    Can we get rid of Pardew?

Yes, we can!
  • Options
    He won states which had very very small Black populations, like Ohio, North Carolina and Colarado, where Democrats rarely win, so while the black vote voted 95/5 Democrat rather then 90/10 Dem, it was young, white college educated people who won him the election.

The US is moving to the left, the Dems have had the highest popular vote in 4 of the last 5 general elections, the shift is happening.
  • Options
    I'm a bit bothered by Obama's support for the use of Predator drones across Pakistan's border. Using robot technology to vapourise 'suspected' militants & their family groups seems cowardly to me? Fear it'll be another case of a self-made man pulling the ladder up after him. What did Thatcher do for women?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He won states which had very very small Black populations, like Ohio, North Carolina and Colarado, where Democrats rarely win, so while the black vote voted 95/5 Democrat rather then 90/10 Dem, it was young, white college educated people who won him the election.

The US is moving to the left, the Dems have had the highest popular vote in 4 of the last 5 general elections, the shift is happening.

Agree although I would assert that a lot of people (genrally african americans) who had previously felt disenfranchised registered to vote for the first time.

I would definitely say that Race

It was be incorrect to say that race was not a factor for anyone who voted int his election, however exit polls taken by CNN (so who knows if we can believe them) indicated that those of individuals that saw Race as the most important factor to them in deciding on a candidate, 50% voted for Obama and 50% voted for McCain - In other words if you go by these polls Race had hardly any affect on the race at all.
  • Options
    * SoundAsa£
    * CommentTime3 days ago

quote# 47
    Won't make a great deal of difference who gets in really...The States is run by lawyers at the end of the day.

Whether the US is run by attorneys or not, there is a pretty big difference between competent and incompetent lawyers, as evidenced by the counsel that infested the administration over the last eight years. We've had attorneys who have decided that the Geneva Convention "coddles terrorists," we've had counsel that were empowered to subvert the US legal system by tossing out competent US prosecuting attorneys for not being ideologically pure enough (by an attorney who graduated at the top of her class from a law school founded by someone who heals people by calling on the power of God to be transmitted over a television), we've had counsel that have concluded that laws passed by a democratically elected Congress can be subverted and manipulated through "signing statements," ... we've had all kinds of terrible, remarkably stupid lawyers that ran the country. And despite sharing the same party affiliation, I'll be thrilled to watch them leaving Washington over the next two and a half months.
  • Options
    The significant thing is that Obama gets to work with a Democrat Senate and House, which Clinton for example never had. Also his decisive margin of victory gives him a mandate to enact the things that he wants to do and he shouldn't have too much difficulty getting his nominees passed. Further down the road any Supreme Court nominations - and it's likely there'll be one or two especially if he gets a second term will have a liberal rather than a conservative bias that would be likely had McCain won. In terms of things like repealing abortion legislation that should make it harder for the right to get their way, possibly for some time.

All in all after eight years of Bush it's pleasing to see someone who can talk in coherent sentences in the White House.