Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney and Burton - To Be Permanent Transfers

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Sorry to be the bearer of grim tidings and all that. Hopefully Neon Deon can repeat his goal scoring feat and add another by the end of the season. WOE WOE WOE.

Comments

• Options
    Source?
  • Options
    In the words of Len Glover:

"Well if it does happen everyone who was saying Varney was crap and deserved to go should enjoy themselves"
  • Options
    One player is 32 the other 26, not best pleased.
  • Options
    i genuinely think if varney has gone he'll improve as a player... i know that's hardly a brave statement considering our recent coaching of players but i'm sure there's a decent player in there and we just haven't been able to pull him out
  • Options
    Don't see how Deon Burton is an improvement.

He's scored 1 goal in 20 games this season, and 7 in 23 starts last season. Very similar record to Varney's.
  • Options
    from where i read it Varney should be dropped or loaned not sold or swapped for a player of deon burtons stamp.

How can these signings be done outside of the transfer window both are on contracts and would therefore not be able to move outside of the transfer window.

I can not see how any permanent dealings can be done with out a manager unless parky has it as a given.

It would be ridiculous of the club to allow one of their most expensive signings to leave only for a mgr to come in and say well i could have got something out of him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Source?
    Sorry no linky yet, came to me in the same dream as the Demontgac thing. I just figured that it couldn't be right.
  • Options
    All done now. Varney on loan with view to permanent, with McEverley coming opposite direction on 3 month loan, and Burton on loan with view to permanent.
  • Options
    NLA: I think it'll be done as emergency loans to be made permanent in Jan. You're right though, it's a clear sign that Parky is done deal.
  • Options
    On O/S now.

'kin' hell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    It's on the OS.

McEveley signed for 3 months as well.

Sorry to see Varney leaving. Even though he didn't cut it.

Burton doesn't exactly feel me with confidence, wonder how Toddy/Dickson/McLeod are feeling right now.

So we have about 7 loans (I've lost count) who are not here permanently and go back back to their old clubs if they don't perform, knowing all they have to suffer is a few boo aimed in their direction.
  • Options
    Could be a very different starting XI on Sat compared to the one that lost to Shee U.
  • Options
    Not impressed with this in the slightest.
  • Options
    I am fully aware that I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I am fecking gutted at Varney going and - if it is made permanent - will be another nail in the coffin of me renewing my season ticket next year (more on that later, depending on a reply from the tkt office on a related matter)....
  • Options
    Says on Derby's official site that it'll be made a perm deal on Jan 1.

In shock
  • Options
    Varney will initially join the Rams on loan, with a view to a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee in January.

Also moving to SE7 is Burton, who joins on loan with a view to a permanent free transfer.

I'll wake up soon, hopefully and this shit won't be happening
  • Options
    i fancy varney to outscore anyone of the 'replacement' men who turn up for us now
  • Options
    We're fucked basically
  • Options
    If McEverly becomes permanent does this mean we'll see Youga go?
  • Options
    theres me trying to be positve as AFKA said, and this just dosnt sit right with me.. oh well, keep smiling.. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shocking, absolutely shocking. We are currently a shambles from top to bottom. And 7 loans two of whom can't play and yet you are still paying their wages. We are a mess. If Parky gets the job I'm beginning to think it's because no right minded individual would touch it with a barge pole.
  • Options
    Sounds like we at least got some decent cash from the Varney deal.

Phil Parkinson:"I felt Luke needed a change of scenery to kick-start his career and it was a chance for the club to regroup a large chunk of the transfer fee paid out for him."
  • Options
    wheres the Vodka!!! he he...

1988200307_1999999638_grappen_alcoholist_440x293.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder if Parky is doing the football management equivalent of gobbing in your dinner, so nobody else will want to eat it.
  • Options
    Derby are not poor so it sounds like we got a bit of cash for him...and probably one of the higher earners off our books too

Varns never looked to have settled IMO so we just need to take it on the chin. Burton is a bit of a journeyman but who knows if the experience he has to offer might be useful

McEveley is an unknown quantity - I recall him being hyped up a few years ago but I guess we just wait and see from here
  • Options
    Planning for League 1 already, it seems.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Planning for League 1 already, it seems.

I agree mate that is exactly what is happening
  • Options
    *Speechless*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]If McEverly becomes permanent does this mean we'll see Youga go?

Doesn't sound like it'll become permanent. It's a 3 month loan.