Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney and Burton - To Be Permanent Transfers

Comments

• Options
    Parkinson on OS:

Parkinson told the official website: "There's no fee involved for Deon and he's a player I've admired for a long time. What concerned me slightly is that if Andy Gray got injured, we lacked a hold-up player and I was struggling to find two strikers who complimented each other.

"But with Deon here, it gives me the option to replace Andy and they also have the ability to play together. All over the football pitch, you need partnerships and it's important you get the right balance in all areas

Lacked a hold-up player? What about Todorov?
  • Options
    Dunno, sure a few people on here will tell me they know what Parky thinks of Todorov
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]Parkinson on OS:

Parkinson told the official website: "There's no fee involved for Deon and he's a player I've admired for a long time. What concerned me slightly is that if Andy Gray got injured, we lacked a hold-up player and I was struggling to find two strikers who complimented each other.

"But with Deon here, it gives me the option to replace Andy and they also have the ability to play together. All over the football pitch, you need partnerships and it's important you get the right balance in all areas

I think we have to face the fact that Toddy can't do 90 minutes and that is where Parky is coming from.
  • Options
    Not a good week to give up drinking.
  • Options
    todorov hasn't been able to run for 3 years!!!!!!!!! he's only good in the box, turning and shooting. which is great - if you can get the ball in the box..........................
  • Options

He's not a hold up player in the sense Parkinson is talking about.

Doesn't have strength or ability in the air.

As said can't really play 90 minutes either.
  • Options
    Varney has signed a three and a half year deal from Jan 1. Good luck Luke. Our loss Derby's gain.
  • Options
    Parkinson told the official website: "it's important you get the right balance in all areas

Especially the bank balance I would guess ! why do I get the feeling this is more about getting a few quid in than the playing side. I really doubt that these 30+ transfers are anything more than trying to quick fix.
  • Options
    Any proof of this?

Really hope it isn't true!

how much for?
  • Options
    Lloyd-Bridges-3.gif

Not a Good week to stop doing the Glue...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think most people have rose-tinted glasses with some of our players. It's obvious that most of our team is crap or we would'nt be 3rd from bottom.
    Give Parky some credit, he's trying to change things around which if we are all honest has to be done. Every time I've seen Youga & Varney this season they have not been up to it. Todorov cannot play for 90 minutes and is not a straight replacement for Gray.
  • Options
    Varney will initially join the Rams on loan, with a view to a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee in January.

Doesn't say definate says view to...
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Any proof of this?

Really hope it isn't true!

how much for?

It's on Derby's site.

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1465929,00.html

Says undisclosed. Parkinson said it could allow us to recoup a lot of what we paid for him, so I'd guess around £1m.
    The 26-year-old has moved north from The Valley and when the permanent transfer goes through it will cost Derby an undisclosed fee.

Varney is now a Derby County player and will be on a three-and-a-half-year deal at the end of his initial loan.

Charlton site saying view to permanent, that suggests it could be called off if Derby change their mind.
  • Options
    I have just pissed myself laughing i've just found out,what the feck is happening at our club how can we fall so far in 2 years that at 3rd from bottom in the league we get rid of a £2.5 million striker and replace them with Deon Burton,sad so so sad.
  • Options
    Well my fingers are crossed that they canceel the deal - Varney is 26 and we are getting an old man out of the deal (football terms only of course!)
  • Options
    I very much doubt we paid £2.5m for Varney in one go guys....
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have just pissed myself laughing i've just found out,what the feck is happening at our club how can we fall so far in 2 years that at 3rd from bottom in the league we get rid of a £2.5 million striker and replace them with Deon Burton,sad so so sad.

We paid £2million *actually*

Deon, Deon, Deon!

*"road to nowhere" background music*
  • Options
    I would feel melancholy, but I cant be bothered
  • Options
    I thought Todorov played a different role to Gray completely as always came short looking for the ball & is more of a creator although I would have to agree when people say he does not appear to have many 90 minute games in him at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lcs1.jpg
  • Options
    alcoholic.jpg

Even Killers not impressed
  • Options
    VARNEY FOR BURTON AND MCEVELY

Burton has scored ONE GOAL ALL YEAR!!!!!

I am dreaming this nightmare aren't I?!
  • Options
    I tell u now i bet varney will score 15 more by the end of the season, just like iwelumo he will blossom under good management, jewell is a great man manager and will be able to give him the confidence he needs, as for Burton, well i just hope for a few goals, asking too much already i reckon. All i can remember from him was in France 98 when after single handedly getting them there he failed to score, but he never as been one for scoring goals, has only scored more than 10 league goals 3 times in his 15 year career, so who knows wat will happen
  • Options
    Absolutely unbelieveable. One of the only players with a proper Charlton sensibility - and now he's gone.

Reckon he'll be banging 'em in for the Rams.
  • Options
    Oh. Shit.
  • Options
    Just get the feeling with Varney that he never settled in London, and a move back to his home patch in the east Midlands will do him the world of good.
  • Options
    I am disgusted with what has happened this season, forgetting the rubbish last season. Can things get any worse? Relegation and a total clear out is the only possible option now. Disgusted. Shambles. Do the directors know or care any more?
  • Options
    funny how Luke has gone from Club joke, to club darling in 48 hours.
  • Options
    Rothko I think the problem is that everyone knows that Varney has gone just to get in a few quid. Its not because Burton is better. We are in a tailspin and getting rid of all our saleable assets is not the way out of it. Varney might well have been under perforing because of Pardew. Look at Iwelumo. New manager might just let us see the Luke Varney lots of people think is in there. We are just interested in getting money in the bank at the moment. I really fear relegation is certain this season.