Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall at Hull today

Comments

• Options
    *dons black cap*
  • Options
    Paulbaconsarnie, I'm with you there 100% brother!
  • Options
    Agree Paulbaconsarnie / Eltham. Millwall are our natural rivals. Palace are just a shit club.
  • Options
    Will you take your kids to the ground when we play them at home next season?
  • Options
    It's good to see the secondary and comparitively minor "rivalry" with Palace finally being placed in perspective. I thought we'd lost our minds there for a few years! When we used to play the old Wimbledon F.C. I felt as much rivalry as when we now play Palace. It's a south London Derby in name only. If Millscum stay down, next season our youngsters will soon realise who is truly worthy of their hatred.
  • Options
    Saw this on youtube. Lot's of arm waving and gesturing but not much happening really. Had to laugh at the Millwall kid on 32 seconds who runs across a barrier and does a karate kick, then disappears as soon as he can.
    Says a lot about Hull that they don't budge, if it happened at Charlton the west stand would have emptied in about 30 seconds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meJ6X2BSW_U
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Will you take your kids to the ground when we play them at home next season?

don't have kids myself, but have been taking a friends son for 4 years now, since his fathers work dictated that he could no longer do so.
    tbh, i would be prepared to take him but would leave the decision on whether he (the boy) attended or not with the parents.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Saw this on youtube. Lot's of arm waving and gesturing but not much happening really. Had to laugh at the Millwall kid on 32 seconds who runs across a barrier and does a karate kick, then disappears as soon as he can.
    Says a lot about Hull that they don't budge, if it happened at Charlton the west stand would have emptied in about 30 seconds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meJ6X2BSW_U

Twats the lot of them. Both Hull and Millwall I have no time for either.
    Lucky there was that single line of stewards between the Hull and Millwall fans.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the minority of Millwall fans who were there yesterday. They are usually the majority who follow Millwall away from home and have to take a lot of stick because of the "nutty turn-out" who only show their ugly faces for big games like yesterday. Their real fans are ok - honestly! It's a shame they get swamped by the arseholes of south-east London and beyond when there's any chance of trouble.
  • Options
    Interesting all this.
    When Millwall & Hull were in the same division this happened everytime they played up at the KC & vice versa. Not sure why it's so different this weekend????

The real interesting time will be if Millwall only make the play offs. Leeds are there too. What happened the last time that happened but the other team were Birmingham????? A mass riot outside the ground.

There are some real scum who follow Millwall who do nothing but look for trouble. When it happens, like it did against Birmingham, the difference between Millwall & other club's is that those 'average' supporters who don't look for trouble............join in anyway.

Very sad really but it just means I have very little sympathy for them at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull are no bloody angels in all of this.

However the Hull chairman was on Talksport earlier and he said there were 40 0dd seats broken and used as missiles from the Millwall end plus the food counter was smashed up - no seat smashed in the Hull end.

But then some Millwall fan rang up and said they all their train fans were held in the station for an hour or so before the game as if to justify why they were wound up.

Also the Hull chairman did say the OB had intelligence to say this was going to kick off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    Also the Hull chairman did say the OB had intelligence to say this was going to kick off.

So why didn't the OB use Section 27?
  • Options
    With the quality of CCTV & the cameras the OB use today, surely this is gonna result in more than a few dawn raids and pictures in the press asking for identification..........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Interesting all this.

The real interesting time will be if Millwall only make the play offs. Leeds are there too. What happened the last time that happened but the other team were Birmingham????? A mass riot outside the ground.[quote]

Ahhh...... Stern John in the last minute

How other players from other clubs gain respect!!!
  • Options
    Pure Scum.
  • Options
    Hull want compensation from Millwall i hope they get thousands!
  • Options
    I feel sorry for genuine decent Millwall fans.

Yes there are one or two and I have worked with one for many years.

He was dead chuffed to have a good Saturday awayday with a 3 o clock kick off as opposed to the 12s and 1s they often get.

It is always the innocent ,decent people that suffer and are inconvenienced because of the actions of criminal, terrorist or yobbish scum.
  • Options
    One of my best mates is a Millwall fan. He's certain no hooligan but nevertheless he revels in all the "no one likes us we don't care" stuff.

A Millwall fan on Talkshit today said that of a typical group of say 9,000 fans, 2/3rds will be up for a fight. On the other hand others phoned to say that it was rubbish and they just get hangers on for the big games. I'm not certain what proportion it is, I just remember back in the 70's and 80's that it seemed like 2/3rds were thugs.

What I'd like to ask is were was the intelligence and the spotters picking out known faces? Why was there not a bigger police/steward presence? Why did they not make a larger segregated area? I'm not condonning what happened but it doesn't sound like they got their policing right.
  • Options

Also the Hull chairman did say the OB had intelligence

The police had intelligence? The most jaw-dropping thing said on this thread all day.

Chatted with another, calmer, Millwall fan tonight who was there and said they had 50 pence pieces aimed at them from the moment they walked into the stands. Surprise, Hull City need to sort their own house out too...

He also reminded me that if results had gone differently, and seeing the way the draw went, we could have had a Valentine's Day date with Millwall at The Valley in the 5th round.
  • Options
    That would have meant us winning though, don't be silly ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]That would have meant us winning though, don't be silly ;-)

Well, y'know. He spotted it before I did - shows what Millwall fans know, eh?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

Also the Hull chairman did say the OB had intelligence

The police had intelligence? The most jaw-dropping thing said on this thread all day.

To be fair to the Hull chairman he said he will ban any Hull fans found to be inciting or involved in any fighting etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Interesting all this.
    When Millwall & Hull were in the same division this happened everytime they played up at the KC & vice versa. Not sure why it's so different this weekend????

Don't be silly, when did Millwall ever take 3000 fans to Hull before?

As someone else pointed out earlier, the ones I feel sorry for are the real Millwall fans who follow Millwall away every week, they probably have to put up with all the opposition fans, who want to say they did the Millwall.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]But then some Millwall fan rang up and said they all their train fans were held in the station for an hour or so before the game as if to justify why they were wound up.

It was funny to see though.

Rounded up like the pigs they are.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Budgie

I know what I'm talking about & I never quoted numbers. It's the fact that when they've played previously there has aways been trouble both at the Den & at the KC.

& I stand by what I say. There are more than a few 'innocent' Millwall fans who will join in rather than walk away.
  • Options
    Well im geting married to a wall girl this summer and they are the nicest family you could meet. Born in Pechkham, support their local club (better than all these glory hunters etc.)

Anyone with any sense knew this game had trouble written all over it the moment the balls came out, so what I can't understand is how in these days of complete OB overkill at most games, more what not done asbout this fixture. Surley this is one of the few games that should have been moved earlier in the day or been a "bubble trip" (As much as I hate them), like Millwall have got at leeds in a few weeks.

Also I have seen better segregation at Charlton games with no history. Part of me thinks the OB want trouble to justify their complete over the top policing most weeks and to get the arrest figures up.
    Don't get me wrong,if Milwall were not there on Sat, there would not have been as many problems but speaking to a few Hull lads I know through England aways they think the way millwall were policed was crap and asking for problems and that their own boys were more than calling it on all game (bottle and coin lobbing etc).

Out of Millwall 3k support they estimate 2,900 were lads - hardy surprising it kicked off. Again is it because the OB want it to happen. Otherwise why not Section 27's on a lot of them arriving. The OB say there were 500 known troublemmaker in the millwall support and yet none are turned away!?!?! Yet we have a mini bus turned away from Sheff Wed the other week. Don't add up to me.

Don't get me wrong they have a lot of scum who follow them but there was trouble as Derby v Forest & Leicester v Hudders at the weekend. Yet the only one that make the papers is millwall. Althought to be fair you have eto be stupid to play up in grounds these days! Can only assume it was the younger more niave element of the millwall support in the ground.

i suppose what im trying to say is like Engalnd away a few years back, they have a reputation - but as I know from being at these Eng away games there is often in some cases a lot more to it than meets the eye, usually involving the ob.
  • Options
    The Hull fans in that corner call it on every week. They were after it last season and i went there with Aston Villa this season and it went off in the corner then.

As above, the Police action was a joke. Why not delay the game 10mins to push millwall back into their section. Fancy starting it with the divide broken.
  • Options
    I got on my train to work this morning and overheard the following conversation between two fellas;

#1 : It weren't that bad really, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
    #2 : What was that I heard about a kiosk?
    #1 : Everyone was really drunk and were shouting at the women behind the counter. The Old Bill came along to try and shut it down and they got beaten up, seriously, they got beaten up and ran off. Then the kiosk got smashed up.

Says it all really. I was half expecting him to say, "if you can't verbally abuse women for no good reason, beat up coppers and cause criminal damage at a football match then where can you?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Interesting all this.

Don't be silly, when did Millwall ever take 3000 fans to Hull before?

As someone else pointed out earlier, the ones I feel sorry for are the real Millwall fans who follow Millwall away every week, they probably have to put up with all the opposition fans, who want to say they did the Millwall.

Danny Baker said it last night - "don't tell me these aren't Millwall fans". Budgie I am sorry mate, as Danny then went on to say, they are Millwall fans. They may not go, week in week out, to every game but they are. I have witnessed them first hand over the years and out of a following of say 3,000, almost all of them are up for it, even if not all of them want to start it.

I do think that there were stewarding and policing issues at Hull and that Hull's fans are no angels. I'm told that most of those arrested were Hull fans.

For Millwall though, it goes with the territory of "no one likes us" and to be honest, if you follow them, you expect there to be trouble. That doesn't condone the mindless vandalism and "bring it on" attitude of many of them.
  • Options
    millwall were just letting everyone know that they are still around, Your Danny Dyer hoolie telly let all these teams have a word about who is who and who does what it didnt take a genius to work out that all though he went to millwall they were very gaurded and quiet about their current activities and rightly so

everyone who has been to games across the country know that their are still active hoolies i dont know what the big surpise is in the media

Leeds vs Millwall playoff final or semi this year on the cards bet your houdse if it happens the atmosphere will be charged and violent