Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall at Hull today

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Interesting all this.
    When Millwall & Hull were in the same division this happened everytime they played up at the KC & vice versa. Not sure why it's so different this weekend????

Don't be silly, when did Millwall ever take 3000 fans to Hull before?

As someone else pointed out earlier, the ones I feel sorry for are the real Millwall fans who follow Millwall away every week, they probably have to put up with all the opposition fans, who want to say they did the Millwall.

Danny Baker said it last night - "don't tell me these aren't Millwall fans". Budgie I am sorry mate, as Danny then went on to say, they are Millwall fans. They may not go, week in week out, to every game but they are. I have witnessed them first hand over the years and out of a following of say 3,000, almost all of them are up for it, even if not all of them want to start it.

I do think that there were stewarding and policing issues at Hull and that Hull's fans are no angels. I'm told that most of those arrested were Hull fans.

For Millwall though, it goes with the territory of "no one likes us" and to be honest, if you follow them, you expect there to be trouble. That doesn't condone the mindless vandalism and "bring it on" attitude of many of them.

Sorry Bing, I wasn't doubting they were Millwall, just saying that Millwall aren't exactly well known for travelling in those numbers, it was simply that it was an FA cup game, against a premier side, and all the old boys turned up, probably with a few of Charlton and Palace boys as well, who I know travel to likely events.
  • Options
    The FA cup final run of 2004 aside, they only ever turn up in numbers if they there's a chance of it going off.
  • Options
    Anything happen before or after the match on Tuesday? See a fair few OB vans bombing it around when i was walking out.
  • Options
    What's with all the flat caps?!
  • Options
    #12 = "I have a fart brewing, but if I let it go, they will know its me"
    #21 = Phil Mitchell lookalike
    #27 = "THIS IS SPARTA!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]What's with all the flat caps?!
    I noticed that as well, they also all look very similar...
  • Options
    I blame the return of the flat caps solely on madonna.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]What's with all the flat caps?!
    They got flat heads...
  • Options
    Hahahaha just recognised one of them, had an 'altercation' with him in Maidstone, he tried telling me he was one of walls top boys, I did laugh at the little shit then, what a cock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Hahahaha just recognised one of them, had an 'altercation' with him in Maidstone, he tried telling me he was one of walls top boys
    What is, that, like - a prefect or something?
  • Options
    No 23 looks something like Michael J Pollard.....(C W Moss in the movie Bonnie & Clyde)....There the similarity ends of course.
  • Options
    You can slag Millwall all you like - they will take over your ground in December and it's unlikely you'll fill the away end at The New Den. Fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: yellabelly[/cite]You can slag Millwall all you like - they will take over your ground in December and it's unlikely you'll fill the away end at The New Den. Fact.

Hang on all - he has said fact. So it must be true. Jog on jaundice boy .......
  • Options
    This one still going on?

You had to laugh at the Sun write up really;

"Millwall fans went on a two-day orgy of violence"....

Almost makes the weekend sound more fun than it was. As it happens, Hull is an actual bonafide sh*thole, and i couldn't wait to get the f**k out of there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]This one still going on?

You had to laugh at the Sun write up really;

"Millwall fans went on a two-day orgy of violence"....

Almost makes the weekend sound more fun than it was. As it happens, Hull is an actual bonafide sh*thole, and i couldn't wait to get the f**k out of there!

Not sure our very own StuofHU16 would agree with you !
  • Options
    The spanners on here always bring a smile to my face :-)
  • Options
    Apparently they've we're only giving them half the away allocation and their are hundreds of millwall fans with red card memberships.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Apparently they've we're only giving them half the away allocation and their are hundreds of millwall fans with red card memberships.

I seriously doubt that, just like the alleged 5,000 Norwich fans in home areas that we were told before the game, only counted about 5 total on matchday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Apparently they've we're only giving them half the away allocation and their are hundreds of millwall fans with red card memberships.

Its all true. They are also going to tie everyone of us up, and tickle us until we wet ourselves. Paddy is v concerned the pitch might get waterlogged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I no for a fact loads of wall fans are doing this.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And i know for a fact they won't get in (unless Charlton supporters get them tickets).
  • Options
    How could they be stopped?
  • Options
    Watch out for the foreign accent?

I've heard this too. Not that i'm all that arsed to be honest. But you can't stop them getting their hands on a Red card of they want one. How do Charlton regulate it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]I no for a fact loads of wall fans are doing this.

It's not just about quoting a Post Code where you live, it takes other things into consideration like Purchase History I think & other things. I really don't think most Millwall fans are intelligent enough to circumvent our security procedures.

What is to stop Charlton not selling tickets to Red membership Holders for this game ? How would these Mighty Wall fans get in then ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]I no for a fact loads of wall fans are doing this.

It's not just about quoting a Post Code where you live, it takes other things into consideration like Purchase History I think & other things. I really don't think most Millwall fans are intelligent enough to circumvent our security procedures.

What is to stop Charlton not selling tickets to Red membership Holders for this game ? How would these Mighty Wall fans get in then ?

Have you tried getting a red card? Its really not hard at all and this far in advanced from the game I doubt charlton are really expecting them to get red card memberships this early.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Watch out for the foreign accent?

I've heard this too. Not that i'm all that arsed to be honest. But you can't stop them getting their hands on a Red card of they want one. How do Charlton regulate it?
    We have jotters and thermal flasks and do away fan spotting during home games...

Charlton will take a decent number to the new den. FACT!
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]How could they be stopped?

because you are assuming that tickets for that game will be on sale to red card holders. Which we don't know whether this will be the case or not until nearer the time. Wait and see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Have you tried getting a red card? Its really not hard at all and this far in advanced from the game I doubt charlton are really expecting them to get red card memberships this early.

Just think your Overstating the problem slightly in my opinion. IF you don't believe me write to the Operations Director with your concerns think he'll be able to put you straight.