Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palace - Tues 27th Jan - Match Thread, Poll, Your Teams & Views

Comments

• Options
    I dont think i have ever been more disinterested in who is in the team tomorrow!!
  • Options
    My work colleague thinks Charlton will win. I ain't so sure. Best we can hope for is a draw. My team in a 4-2-1-2-1 formation...

Randy

Moo2
    Fortune
    Holland / Rock
    Basey

Spring
    Bailey

Racon

Ambrose
    Shelvey

Dicko
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: A-R-T-H-U-R[/cite]Well, the form book suggests 2 or 3 nil to the Palarse.

BUT we do need to add into the mix PP's motivational skills
    So, thats 4 or 5 nil to them.
    Then we should factor in his in depth tactical knowledge, based on observation, unterstanding and guile.
    6 or 7 nil to the stripeys.
    I shouldnt forget his brilliant team selection process
    and his wonderful ability to choose the right substitute at the right time
    10 nil.
    His rapport with the crowd may also influence the result. His pre and post match comments are sure to get us acting as a 12th man. For the Nigels.
    11 nil it is then.

I nearly forgot, the fact that we are on the back of such a morale boosting cup result, combined with the unbelievable run we have been on since he took over may be of significance.
    13 nil. to the Croydon supermarkets. That's my final offer.

Quote of the day mate, made me really laugh
  • Options
    I hope we maintain our sense of decorum should we lose and refrain from booing our heroes. Even if it is 13-0!
  • Options
    We probably won't win, but it would be fantastic if we did (for once!).
  • Options
    Elliot
    Murty Fortune Hudson(if fit)/Holland Basey

Sam Bailey Racon Ambrose

Shelvey

Dickson

Subs Randolph,Moo2,Spring,Gray,Todorov
  • Options
    this may well be parkys first derby game against palace ,but for the rest of us its more than just agame we can`t fail to beat palace its just to painfull to think about it.
  • Options
    Parky's been long enough at Charlton to know how much it means.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We're gonna smash em.

Expect us to go on the attack, and for them to be on the back foot right from the start. Early tactics will see us win a number of key individual battles, then when things calm down a little, expect us to resort to long throws as our main form of attack.

Not sure how the game will go though :-)

Excellent, still laughing !
  • Options
    "The fans have been brilliant this season," stated Kinsella. "They've seen us put the effort in; we just need their support now for the next nine home games. They've been the 12th man before and we need them again now."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd play the same side as finished on Saturday, except starting with Shelvey and Soares. Part of the reason why we keep conceding goals and soft goals at that is because we keep changing the defence around. We should know who our best four defenders are by now.
  • Options
    We know, BFR, but does Parky.....? lol
  • Options
    Predictions for Tomorrow :-
    The fans will back the team until we are two goals adrift
    They will then turn on Charlton players
    There will be over 20 ejections from the Jimmy South Stand for offences ranging from over exhuberant celebrations to swearing
    The Stadium will be half empty with ten minutes to go
    It will without doubt be the LOW point of the season (Bet some of you thought it could not get any worse)
    We will lose the game
  • Options
    Blimey Kets;
    thought I was miserable !!
  • Options
    And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd;
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile
    This day shall gentle his condition:
    And gentlemen in England, now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
  • Options
    From the OS

'Charlton will go into the game with the Eagles eight points adrift of safety and still languishing at the foot of the Championship'

This can be read a couple of ways, just an extra comma and it sounds much better.
  • Options
    i think a good idea will be to rest one of our best players cos he is young
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]From the OS

'Charlton will go into the game with the Eagles eight points adrift of safety and still languishing at the foot of the Championship'

This can be read a couple of ways, just an extra comma and it sounds much better.

Made me laugh, Shrew!

:o)
  • Options
    Just read the match preview on the OS. Apparently Palarse haven't beaten us at the Valley in the league since March 1968!! That's almost 41 years. Blimey, well that just confirms my forecast of a 1-0 or 2-0 win for the away team.
  • Options
    This run basically started when Palace beat us, everyone furious, since then it's been all downhill.

If it's going to end this season I feel this will be the night.

2-1 Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've gone for a charlton win, but I'd take palace doing the double over us for championship survival - sadly I think we'll get one without the other
  • Options
    Can't remember previous poll results but seems to be a very high percentage expecting a home defeat tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    a
  • Options
    I confidently predict a 3-1 win for us tonight - I can just feel it in my water!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Can't remember previous poll results but seems to be a very high percentage expecting a home defeat tonight.

It still always astonishes me that more expect us to win than lose, given current form - some people really do have rose-tinted specs stuck permanently on their heads.
  • Options
    So they were right. No Shelvey, no Dickson. Gray and Burton up front. They didn't announce the subs.
  • Options
    Murty,Spring,Soares and Gray all start according to SSN and OS, not seen full line up yet
  • Options
    really? Burton again, ffs
  • Options
    Charlton

* 21 Elliot
    * 29 Murty
    * 24 Fortune
    * 06 Hudson
    * 03 Youga
    * 18 Sam
    * 14 Spring
    * 04 Bailey