Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley vs. Charlton - Poll, Predictions, Teams and Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Too many last minute goals. It is true we defend too deep and always get done in the end. Manager absolutely has to change thse tactics as we can't stay up by nicking a point from a game when we are 8 points behind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]When will you all listen!!!! We haven't got the bottle.

You all knew we would lose as soon as we conceded the first. Stop deluding yourselves. We are going down. Other teams around us have made the gap bigger today.

Do our players realise that the deeper you sit, the more likely you are to come under pressure?

Fuck off for fucks sake!

if people want to delude themselves i.e myself especially then let us!
  • Options
    WERE ALL DOOMED!!
  • Options
    couldn't make today but hopefully see some of you at bristol on tuesday. fucking internet.
  • Options
    Be interesting to hear views of those who went.

Burnley commentators said we were shite, but they were seriously biased
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]what do you expect when we have a small midfielder 'jockier' in the centre of our defence.

Oh do me a favour. The game has just finished and you're sitting at your keyboard yet it's all Holland's fault. Seriously fella, you need your fucking head testing.

Agreed, some of us are listening to a Burnley biased commentary 250 miles from home - and yet we know best...?
  • Options
    This hurts more than the Derby loss, a point up at Turf Moor - an incredibly difficult place to get a result - would have been a morale booster & sustained the momentum after Palace.

Gutted. That little glimmer of hope is barely alive.
  • Options
    Dazzler I don't think that criticism is fair when I've been correct the majority of the season. I prefer to be accurate rather than deluded.
  • Options
    Nearly, but come on Tuesday had us believing their is still the slightest of chances and some still cling to that, let's all hope the players still do. Get behind them and spread the positive vibe and at least we are finally seeing some of the Charlton spirit out of them. Bailey, Holland, Elliot etc deserve our support!
  • Options
    Sometimes holding out works (Norwich in the cup and Palace at home) but more often than not, you'll get punished and that's what happened today. If you sit back and invite the pressure then you're asking for trouble. We've got the worst away record in the division, i wonder why!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Touche
  • Options
    no, life goes on. it's hard but lets just take it. why do we support charlton? why do we love football? seasons like these happen and we've been up in the clouds for the last ten years, and we're coming down with a particuarly massive bump.
  • Options
    quit the swearing chaps.

It doesn't make you look hard, just childish.

It is possible to type without swearing.
  • Options
    Sounds like there were a few heroes out there today - Elliott, Ward, Holland, Bailey - Parky needs to somehow mainitain their belief that we can still do this.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]quit the swearing chaps.

me i never noticed (joke please do not ban me, my parents would be so upset)
  • Options
    Sorry Screamer but i really dont see a point in supporting a football club if you cant have hope? I was expecting a draw at worst when we went ahead.
  • Options
    Look if we really gave it a go every game till we hit the drop i wont bitch to much but -- but

if we defend for 90 mins we aint going to win enough games

if we time waste the whole second half and defend all the time then we will get hit by goals in the 95 th/96 th min.
  • Options
    9 points from safety so 4 wins and we're out of the bottom 3 assuming all the others lose.

Basically we have to win about 10 games from now tot he end of the season.

Ain't gonna happen is it.
  • Options
    fu**ing time wasting cu*ts deserve nothing, we did the same at palace, instead of trying to play football they try and waste tme the whole game when will that thick c*nt Parkinson realise were not good enough to piss about. Get him out get the board out and get that sh*t crop of players out, play the shi*t reserves for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Cheer up everyone. Dartford won.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Sounds like there were a few heroes out there today - Elliott, Ward, Holland, Bailey - Parky needs to somehow mainitain their belief that we can still do this.

It was another nearly match - so nearly got a result.

Our people that were there will tell us later if we deserved something or not.

But how many times have we seen teams who've deserved nothing nick a result off us. They ride their luck but we can't seem to do that. Why can't we get an undeserved result?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    erm nickaspanner

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Yes Dazzler I've been a supporter for 20 odd years but I still know when a team hasn't got what's required to get anything from a game. It hurts me massively trust me but I still say what I think will happen.
  • Options
    listened to a interwiew with Swansea player on radio they other day,he was asked what effect Martinez has had at the club,his reply was we are all comfortable on the ball.He said they trained with the ball,i distinctly get the feeling we don't.If you watch Swansea play they pass it fluently,we don't have that type of player with the exception of Jonjo and Spring who enjoy or look comfortable with the ball at their feet.Spring likes the ball but if there are not like minded players around him he is going to look mis-leadingly bad.We as a team/club have to learn how to enjoy the ball sadly we don't.It isn't going to be a quick fix and personally i would prefer to get beaten by trying to play football than the shite we are presently watching.We got away with it against Palace but I don't want to watch football like that.If Parky does get the push in the end,i would like the club to give Damien Matthew his head,he had the kids playing lovely football and played that way himself.If players are trained and are used to a passing game in the end it will pay dividends.Let's learn how to play like this!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'll leave it at that Screamer - cant really be bothered to argue - I just think we should be allowed to be deluded.
  • Options

and it isn't hard not sinking a thread that has already been started just because you are the boss !!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    I think the signing of Ward is a good one, Bailey is playing well. the demise of Gray is a blessing - still a lot to play for. The team sounds like it's playing with more heart & purpose than a month ago. There is still hope - a win at Bristol City will have everyone jumping up & down
  • Options
    nothing against kandol, i nothing about the guy, but think we should have kept dickson on for longer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I'll leave it at that Screamer - cant really be bothered to argue - I just think we should be allowed to be deluded.

You're not being deluded Dazzler, you believe what you want mate. All that late goal today will matter is if we get relegated by 1 point. All that's happened today is we have increased the pressure onto the next game to get a result.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]listened to a interwiew with Swansea player on radio they other day,he was asked what effect Martinez has had at the club,his reply was we are all comfortable on the ball.He said they trained with the ball,i distinctly get the feeling we don't.If you watch Swansea play they pass it fluently,we don't have that type of player with the exception of Jonjo and Spring who enjoy or look comfortable with the ball at their feet.Spring likes the ball but if there are not like minded players around him he is going to look mis-leadingly bad.We as a team/club have to learn how to enjoy the ball sadly we don't.It isn't going to be a quick fix and personally i would prefer to get beaten by trying to play football than the shite we are presently watching.We got away with it against Palace but I don't want to watch football like that.If Parky does get the push in the end,i would like the club to give Damien Matthew his head,he had the kids playing lovely football and played that way himself.If players are trained and are used to a passing game in the end it will pay dividends.Let's learn how to play like this!!!!!!!!

That's a good post, Steve.