Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley vs. Charlton - Poll, Predictions, Teams and Match Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Roll on the next game...

Team to start

Elliott
    Yassin---Holland---Hudson---Basey
    Soares--Shelvey----Spring---Sam
    Dickson---Kandol

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I'll leave it at that Screamer - cant really be bothered to argue - I just think we should be allowed to be deluded.

You do what you like Daz. Don't let some old misery put you off - even if he is probably right. Do it your own way son, good on yer.
  • so its down to luck then off it.
  • please Mr Bartram you have still not justified your actions after 2 days, a reply would be appreciated.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I'll leave it at that Screamer - cant really be bothered to argue - I just think we should be allowed to be deluded.

You're not being deluded Dazzler, you believe what you want mate. All that late goal today will matter is if we get relegated by 1 point. All that's happened today is we have increased the pressure onto the next game to get a result.

Keep the faith, Dazzler.

If we are relegated, then all the people who limply gave up half way through the season can have the smug satisfaction of being proved right.

Meanwhile, all the while there are games to play and spirit in the team, then we're still in with a chance.
  • I know that we're all gutted and we could see it coming, but I actually think there are some positives to take from this game.

Dicko finally started and the performances of Ward, Bailey and Elliot sounded really determined.

At least the team are trying and that is all we can really ask for.
  • But perhaps you could try being deluded without swearing at people.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]please Mr Bartram you have still not justified your actions after 2 days, a reply would be appreciated.

seriously, what are you going on about because i have not got a clue
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]so its down to luck then off it.

Yeah, loads of really unlucky defeats!
    ;o)

All I'm saying is that none of us went so all we have to go by is commentary and reports, yet your post seemed to be picking out just one player. For all I - or you - know he could have had the worst game in the history of football. Equally he could have had the best game ever. Truth is it's likely to be somewhere in the middle.

A bit harsh to be singling out anyone just now. That was my point.
  • mr bartram you did not sink your Zabeel thread yesterday despite me already having started one 30 mins before this stinks of double standards sir. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Sounds like there were a few heroes out there today - Elliott, Ward, Holland, Bailey - Parky needs to somehow mainitain their belief that we can still do this.

It was another nearly match - so nearly got a result.

Our people that were there will tell us later if we deserved something or not.

But how many times have we seen teams who've deserved nothing nick a result off us. They ride their luck but we can't seem to do that. Why can't we get an undeserved result?

When the gods decree against you then there is nothing you can do except ride the storm
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]mr bartram you did not sink your Zabeel thread yesterday despite me already having started one 30 mins before this stinks of double standards sir. ;-)

christ almighty. i've hardly been on here last few days. sunk
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]so its down to luck then off it.

Invariably in football and in life, you make your luck. If you take a one goal lead and then defend with a loanee CD and a midfielder dropping back then expect to have that luck tested, especially in the last few minutes when you can expect your opponent to throw everything bar the kitchen sink at you.

By the sounds of it a draw would have been a fair result, but that's life. It sounds as though the players are trying and not surrendering and if we keep trying some luck will go our way.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]mr bartram you did not sink your Zabeel thread yesterday despite me already having started one 30 mins before this stinks of double standards sir. ;-)

So the "Sink Gestapo" have been at it again have they?

Sack the (CharltonLife) Board!

p.s. I'm quite happy to take over the running of the site with my ZX Spectrum and vast armoury of colurful language, if it is the public wish.
    ;o)
  • Mr Bartram I have put smiley's on my posts and do hope you are taking them in the manner they were meant.I would hate to fall out over this matter,however from your tone,i believe you are not happy,please Mr Bartram accepting the clubs situation helps ease the pain and stops one getting their hopes up,and subsequently getting the hump with your fellow lifer's ;-)
  • No point quitting.
  • If i was allowed to swear NSS (which we all agree is not big or clever), then i would tell you to shove your smilies right up your arse, sideways.

But i can't swear, so i won't do that.

:-)
  • edited January 2009
    You miss my my point Off it we should not be in the situation where a small midfielder is put in a centre backs position not just this weekend and potentially throughout this season. Why couldnt Youga, Basey or Murty go in there and bring in Motokil today ? After all they are defenders. With the tatic of just laying back for the 2nd half hitting and hoping the ball goes to a charlton player is not good which did happen today because I know someone who was there at it happend the same against Palace. Look at the possesion stats aswell.
  • off-it can you put games on the site via your zx spectrum like the old athletics game , monkey kong or whatever it was called game not forgetting, that wicked willly game or whatever it was called
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Mr Bartram I have put smiley's on my posts and do hope you are taking them in the manner they were meant.I would hate to fall out over this matter,however from your tone,i believe you are not happy,please Mr Bartram accepting the clubs situation helps ease the pain and stops one getting their hopes up,and subsequently getting the hump with your fellow lifer's ;-)

Watch it there Steve, no-one likes a smart arse. It only takes one click and you're history mate.
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]But perhaps you could try being deluded without swearing at people.
    is this one aimed at me clem?

If so it's just as i have explained before i'm bored of the negativity.

Don't get me wrong please...

I know that it is very likely we will go down without even so much as a whimper but even NSS admitted he thought we may have turned a corner. (no offence steve)

I will happily apologise for swearing though!
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]You miss my my point Off it we should not be in the situation where a small midfielder is put in a centre backs position not just this weekend and potentially throughout this season. Why couldnt Youga, Basey or Murty go in there and bring in Motokil today ? After all they are defenders. With the tatic of just laying back for the 2nd half hitting and hoping the ball goes to a charlton player is not good which did happen today because I know someone who was there at it happend the same against Palace. Look at the possesion stats aswell.

"Look at the possession stats"? What do you think I am - a masochist?
  • Couldn't stand the stress, so took my 5 year old out for a walk in the woods before the start of the 2nd half. Thought about what might be going on up there for the entire walk.

Got back in at 5pm. Sick to the pit of my stomach. Numb. Unable to speak etc.
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]off-it can you put games on the site via your zx spectrum like the old athletics game , monkey kong or whatever it was called game not forgetting, that wicked willly game or whatever it was called

I only ever got as far as Hungry Horace - and couldn't even master that!

p.s. Was it "Jetpac Willy"?

p.p.s. Christ, how off-thread is this!
  • Our o.s words the score like this....

Burnley

31/01/2009 Away

1 - 2

That makes it 2-1 to us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]off-it can you put games on the site via your zx spectrum like the old athletics game , monkey kong or whatever it was called game not forgetting, that wicked willly game or whatever it was called

I only ever got as far as Hungry Horace - and couldn't even master that!

p.s. Was it "Jetpac Willy"?

p.p.s. Christ, how off-thread is this!

something like that
  • Northern Monkeys kin typical , sit back and invite them at us we ain't good enough for that forchristsakes!
    Why not push on and close them high up the pitch.

It was so important NOT to lose today . Its now becoming mission Impossible.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Northern Monkeys kin typical , sit back and invite them at us we ain't good enough for that forchristsakes!
    Why not push on and close them high up the pitch.

It was so important NOT to lose today . Its now becoming mission Impossible.

Don't you start, Nelse - I'll have to have a word.
    Bloody Gloomsters .... they all think they're Realists.

;o)
  • I am beginning to hate football.
  • edited February 2009
    all my mates kept coming up to me last night saying you lot got a decent point, made all the stress and heartache worse!