Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Football

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: w/sladeaddick[/cite]Feel sorry for Fletcher, I thought it was a poor decision by the ref. Even more stupid though is the rule of no appeal now he will miss possibly one of the biggest games of his career.

Yeah, this issue of not being able to appeal makes no sense - certainly has no legal basis or common sense - but then it is UEFA!

Ah but it is a FIFA rule, unless the ref admit a mistake in his match report Fletcher is fooked. Shame FabregARSE is not as honest as ARSEshavin, he was grimacing and calling out just before the contact and surely knew Fletcher played the ball, typical cheating modern day footballer
  • Options
    and no ones mentioned adeybor (bad spelling) should have a had a straight res too that was a nast late tackle he did on carrick its a mirracle carrick wasnt injured. petty tacticts from arsenes men they are a team of pre madonas, where was walcott thew new hope.. annoymous taken off adeboyer so called 30m target man would rather play kim grant up front, two many attidudes foe the gunners and not enough team spirit all gone since henry left and gallas had that bissy fit on the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]and no ones mentioned adeybor (bad spelling) should have a had a straight res too that was a nast late tackle he did on carrick its a mirracle carrick wasnt injured. petty tacticts from arsenes men they are a team of pre madonas, where was walcott thew new hope.. annoymous taken off adeboyer so called 30m target man would rather play kim grant up front, two many attidudes foe the gunners and not enough team spirit all gone since henry left and gallas had that bissy fit on the pitch.

You say that but they still reached the FA Cup semi, the champions league semi and are unbeaten in 21 league games. Hardly a crisis! They were just beaten by the better side. They were without 2 of their usual back 4 as well remember.
    If Wenger buys a decent centre back, a midfielder to play with Fabregas and also they've got Arshavin and i think they'll put up more of a challenge next season.
  • Options
    How often in recent years have Arsenal bottled it in big matches, especially in Europe?

I've no great love for Man U but they know how to win the big matches.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]How often in recent years have Arsenal bottled it in big matches, especially in Europe?

Compare the two sides though. The difference in experience, quality and depth is pretty huge and it's no wonder arsenal are no where near man utd in the league. Add in the absence of arshavin, gallas, clichy and injury doubts to van persie and silvestre before the game.

It's the substitute bench where it really shows. Kuszczak, Berbatov, Giggs, Scholes, Rafael, Evans, Tevez VS. Fabianski, Diaby, Vela, Denilson, Silvestre, Bendtner, Eboue
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]How often in recent years have Arsenal bottled it in big matches, especially in Europe?

Compare the two sides though. The difference in experience, quality and depth is pretty huge and it's no wonder arsenal are no where near man utd in the league. Add in the absence of arshavin, gallas, clichy and injury doubts to van persie and silvestre before the game.

It's the substitute bench where it really shows. Kuszczak, Berbatov, Giggs, Scholes, Rafael, Evans, Tevez VS. Fabianski, Diaby, Vela, Denilson, Silvestre, Bendtner, Eboue

If you look at Arsenal over a period of several years they've consistently done well - regularly they finish in the top four of the Premiership and make the quarter finals off the CL at least, but for all the talent they haven't won anything for several years. For a good side they seem to lose a lot of key games.

As for Man U the real talent isn't to be found on the subs bench but the manager's dug-out, Ferguson has consistently had a large squad of talented players and has managed to keep them happy even when they aren't starting matches or are left out of match day squads altogether. Despite having shed loads of Sky TV money to play with keeping a large and talented squad happy is a real achievement as is keeping them motivated to win things.
  • Options
    how good was it though ( gooner hater or not) to see those wa*kers walking out just after half time and the ground almost empty before their pen ? glory hunting muppets the f**kin lot of em------------ burning is to god.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]how good was it though ( gooner hater or not) to see those wa*kers walking out just after half time and the ground almost empty before their pen ? glory hunting muppets the f**kin lot of em
    burning is to god.

Got to say, they are without doubt the worst set of of supporters I've ever come across. As per my post above to actually sit there crying, as an adult, because your team is 2-0 down is just pathetic and then to see them streaming out with half hour to go sums them up. They know little about football outside of their own stadium, think they are bigger than the game itself and have a right to win every match they turn up to, then get the raving if someone has the audacity to beat them. In short, The Worst.
  • Options
    Essien's has just scored an absolute pearler.

If you weren't watching, tune in for the hi-lights later.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Essien's has just scored an absolute pearler.

If you weren't watching, tune in for the hi-lights later.[/quote]

where are the highlights, can't see any on terestrial
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm certainly no Chelsea fan but have to say thought they were unlucky.
  • Options
    Apparently from what I've heard on the ridiculously biased 5 live commentry, the ref's had a shocker, 2 or 3 penalties should have gone Chelsea's way, but hey I think Chelsea would have lost to Man Utd but think Barca may stand more of a chance.
  • Options
    10 men,they only had 10 men...
  • Options
    How funny was that ?
  • Options
    Funniest thing I've seen in ages!!

Terry and drogba should be hung drawn and quatered though.

Shamefull scenes.
  • Options
    I normally don't like Chelsea at all.

But that ref was awful. I think that was a real injustice.
  • Options
    ref was probabbly so sick of Drogba falling over that he overlooked the handball. Only one concrete penalty decision - tough shit. Drogba = cheating, diving c**t.
  • Options
    The conduct of the Chelsea players at full-time, especially Terry and Drogba, was a bloody disgrace and made me so glad they had lost. Hounding the referee like that is just not on and sets a terrible, terrible example to young kids watching the game. I think lengthy bans should be in order - won't happen of course.

God, I bloody dislike Chelsea with an absolute passion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Funniest thing I've seen in ages!!

Terry and drogba should be hung drawn and quatered though.

Shamefull scenes.

add ballack to that as well. Disgraceful.

the punditry on sky sports is shockingly biased. saying the referee shouldn't take control of big games because he is from norway and that he didn't want to give chelsea anything all night, What about abidal's incorrect sending off?

Chelsea had 2 strong penalty claims, imo, but henry's claim was just as strong in the first leg.

Jamie Redknapp (or chelsea's frank lampard's cousin as you might call him) needs to get a grip and so does souness.
  • Options
    Amazing how Drogba was cured by a miracle, so he could run out and abuse the ref at the end. "It's a disgrace"... no Drogba, YOU are a disgrace you diving, cheating piece of shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I normally don't like Chelsea at all.

But that ref was awful. I think that was a real injustice.

They set themselves up for it Jimmy so they can't complain too much. By barely even trying to score at the Nou Camp and accepting a 0-0 they set themselves right up for the old away goals trap and fell right into it. I think the away goals rule is stupid but while its there you must accept it and try and get an away goal or you are playing with fire. If Chelsea had drawn 1-1 in Barca then they would have probably gone on and won tonight in ET as they were the more likely scorers all night.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Disgarce ? how about the ref then ???? stunningly bad-------------- 4 pens missed for Chelsea -------- 1 sending off fr baraca that wasnt.

still guess he will get a pat on the back from the anti English twat that runs FIFa and a few holidays fully paid in Spain.

ETO is he related to Ambrose ? was he even on the pitch ?
  • Options
    I have to say thats proper cracked me up, dodgy ref aside, that was just so funny. Can't wait to give it large to the hordes of Chelski Plastics!!

Shocking, whiney, whinging muppetts they are, and this has just forcified (is this a real word) my absolute hatred for these no mark, cheating orrible 'Millwall with Money' russian berks!

I have to say tho, i hate Barca too, cheating gits, divey palace kit looking scousalikes! (again sorry leroy!!)

I love Cider.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    However entertaining it is to watch... you can't treat a referee like that. Ballack looked like he was about to smack him. Drogba shouting ''f**king disgrace'' into the camera isn't on either - however funny it was at the time!
  • Options
    GH don't agree on the pens mate, only one clear one for me and that was the first handball. Anelka dived, Drogba dived and the second handball would have been well controversial if given. Anelka could have got straight up instead of letting Abidal get sent off, didn't even touch him. Shite ref agreed but Chelsea didn't deserve to win, more so after the 'anti-football' played last week.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    first was defo a pen -- ref bottled it
    second was a pen he pulled Drogba shirt
    3rd was blatant hand ball as you would ever see
    4th hand ball but had his back 2 the shirt so difficult to give.

Barca of course would never ever cheat --------------------ha ha ha ha ha

EUFA would have done anything to stop another all "English "final.
  • Options
    How do you put a champagne cork back in the bottle ?
    I'm not sure,better ask a Chelsea fan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]GH don't agree on the pens mate, only one clear one for me and that was the first handball. Anelka dived, Drogba dived and the second handball would have been well controversial if given. Anelka could have got straight up instead of letting Abidal get sent off, didn't even touch him. Shite ref agreed but Chelsea didn't deserve to win, more so after the 'anti-football' played last week.

All pens man, you cant deny them that!! If it were us, we'd all be spewing! (Praps not as bad as the sore losers tho!)
  • Options
    I think that was karma in action tonight.

Chelsea have bullied and bellied so many match officials they finally got a comeuppance tonight.

I don't care that they were unlucky blah blah blah

I hate the classless c*nts and am still chuckling now. And I totally agree with MCS
  • Options
    I can't believe uefa fixed anything. Why was abidal sent off if it was like that. Never 4 pens for me.

If the ref took the view that any ball to hand was not handball then he was consistent in that.