Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Football

Comments

• Options
    I think we would all have moaned if they were given against us too by the way.
  • Options
    Look Chelski got their cumuppence (sic)
    Will be abetter game Barca V Moan Utd

who picked that ref ? yes he was consist-antly awful.
    who was gobbing off about the English clubs dominating this joke cup ?

as for Chelski not playing football well defending on the first leg when away has always been part of Euorpean footie -----------mind you how i would know this as a CAFC fan i dont know --------Europe somewhere Millwall went and we never ever will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]I can't believe uefa fixed anything. Why was abidal sent off if it was like that. Never 4 pens for me.

If the ref took the view that any ball to hand was not handball then he was consistent in that.

Anyone who seriously believes that UEFA goes round nobbling referees and fixing games needs to take a long lie-down in a dark room. As has been said above, Chelsea have bullied plenty of referees and got plenty of decision go their way (a couple against us as I recall, including Konchesky's send-off and that last-minute penalty at the Bridge) and tonight it went the other way. That's life.
  • Options
    33xwsye.gif
  • Options
    I'm certainly no Chelsea fan and Barca going through makes for a better final IMO but.............however much you dislike Chelsea and the likes of Ballack and Drogba there is no arguing that the ref tonight had a shocker. At this stage of the competition you have the best teams and the best players and you expect the best refs. But instead tonight they had some numpty from Norway. How high in the UEFA rankings is the Norwegian league? Obviously they couldn't have an English or Spanish ref but what about Italy, France, Holland, Germany, surely these countries have refs more suited to the big occasion with world class players.
    BBClaus - you say Sky are biased in saying he shouldn't ref big games, do you think he reffed well then? Not only were at least 2 of them clear penalties (the foul on Drogba and the Pique handball) but also the sending off of Abidal.
  • Options
    Ballack, Terry and Drogba should all be hung out to dry for the way they behaved tonight.

Sure the ref made some awful decisions and emotions were clearly running high, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT. Shocking. No class.
  • Options
    the ref had a shocker BUT Drogba missed a sitter, Abidal should not have been sent off AND Barca should have had a penalty in the first leg. If I were Chelsea I'd blame the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ballack, Terry and Drogba should all be hung out to dry for the way they behaved tonight.

Sure the ref made some awful decisions and emotions were clearly running high, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT. Shocking. No class.

Do you expect anything less from them?

I completely agree by the way
  • Options
    I dont think they were 4 penalties. Whilst the referee was not the best for such an important game he wasnt the worst either.

Drogba is the 'f*cking disgrace' . He missed the best chance of the game.

They just cant lose with any sort of decency. Respect. What an utter joke.

Mind you Man U and Arsenal can be just as bad.

But as far as I am concerned the best football team went through.
  • Options
    Lots of bollocks on this thread, lots of sense too. For what its worth, here's the take from a dyed in the wool Barca fan.

Barca should have buried them in the first leg.
    Absolute f***ing screamer from Essien - who was Chelsea's best player by a street
    First penalty incident was never a pen - it wasn't even a foul. If you gave free kicks for tussling like that you'd never get more than 5 passes strung together
    Second penalty incident was debatable. I think, looking at it again, if I was reffing and I'd seen the initial shirt pull I'd have given the penalty for that. Saying that, the lino should have given it - not sure the ref could have seen it. Drogba threw himself over like the lying, cheating prick that he is - and that element of the incident didn't merit a penalty.
    Sending off - absolute bollocks. Anelka tripped over his own feet and Toure was getting round to cover so even if the ref thought it WAS a foul it was a yellow card at the most.
    Third pen - Pique definitely handled it, it prevented Anelka from a goalscoring opportunity, so definitely should have been given
    Iniesta's goal - awesome - and he was Barca's best player on the night too.
    Fourth pen - no chance. Turned his back and it hit his shoulder.
    The shenanigans at the end - typical classless behaviour from classless players at a classless club. Drogba is a prize c***.

Overall the best team by far over the two legs won. FFS how many times have English teams moaned about Italian sides playing exactly the same way Chelsea did ronight against them and whinged about it?

Finally, if you think the English commentary was bad, you should have watched it on Spanish TV - the most biased commentary in history!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So glad Barca went through. Played Football beautifully at times. The way it should be.
  • Options
    Can I just add (and I'd love to hear what Spankie has to say on this) if as a referee you are not 100% sure an illegality has occured that would result in a direct free-kick outside of the box (if it's a foul, it's a foul regardless of where on the pitch) then you can't give it. If that be a penalty in the lat minute of a freekick in the defending sides own box you don't give it. Let the game flow.

I have referee'd 2 games in my life both 11 a side and had to blow the whistle a dozen times for the pair of them but then I was refereeing as a player standing in for a ref. Didn't get any grief and the only hassle I did get was for stopping my old side because the other sides lino stuck his flag up aginst one of our forwards.
  • Options
    re: the ref. Good to see Michael Chiklis is still in work after The Shield! That's gotta be the best example yet of why the away goals rule is rubbish? Should've gone to extra time
  • Options
    Chelsea Chelsea

You aint got no history
    Lampards Fat

Drogbas Queer

You aint gonna win Eff all this year

that was on par to being one of the funniest things i have ever ever seen

Bans for Drogba, terry and bollack must happen

go on the toffees beat em in the final
  • Options
    Funniest so far!!

Enjoy dudes, i did, twice! Funniest thing in football that last night, they soooooooo deserved that!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I really love European football nights. One of the main reasons i fell in love with the beautiful game. But i have to say in all my years of watching semi finals, those are the worst two referees i have ever seen! As a spectator, when i watch the best sides in Europe i'd expect the officials to be of the same standard. Shocking! Re last night though. Only one reason Chelsea didn't go through, Drogba's terrible miss FACT.
  • Options
    They may well have the book thrown at them but i just wonder how many of us would have held a dignified manner when so blatently cheated out of the final.

The Ref was a disgrace and should be sacked or demoted. If I or anyone else put in a performance like that in our job we would be in serious trouble. So i dont see why in the world we live in we cant give our honest opinions of refs without getting into trouble drogbas was right he was A F**king disgrace
  • Options
    as far as i could see the ref made one mistake and that was to send off the barcelona guy for a tangle of legs.

it was so funny seeing rednapp junior almost in tears.

the best team on the night and over the two legs won end of
  • Options
    two actual "champions" in the final as it should be.

Anyone got any stats on how often that has happened since the Champions league started?

Didn't see the game but Lovejoy's whining on 606 was hilarious. You lost, get over it. Surprised he didn't claim that as it was 1 - 1 it wasn't really a defeat ala Charlton in the league cup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]as far as i could see the ref made one mistake and that was to send off the barcelona guy for a tangle of legs.

You are joking Barca offered nothing last night they were rubbish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite][quote][cite]
    You are joking Barca offered nothing last night they were rubbish[/quote]

everyone sees a different game but even with ten men barca had all the ball. admittedly though chelsea had more clear chances and would have won if they had a top striker. hiddink said as much after, blaming the finishing more than the ref ... only class part of chelsea and he is not theirs!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MCS- very funny !!

If the referee was bought off, why send off a Barce central defender & give out Yellows so as players will miss the Final ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]as far as i could see the ref made one mistake and that was to send off the barcelona guy for a tangle of legs.

They were far from rubbish.
  • Options
    Nice to see the "respect" campaign is really working ;-)

I'd like to thank the footballing gods for giving me two absolutely perfect nights of football. To see crying Gooners and Chelsea plastics in the crowd was priceless.

I thought Guus Hiddink showed absolute class last night with his post-match interview and came across extremely well. In contrast, Drogba, Ballack and England captain John Terry should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and hope UEFA (and the FA if they can) throw the book at them.

Oh and who else noticed the empty seats in the Matthew Harding stand last night? Still cant sell out for a Champions League Semi-Final, just shows how pathetic their support is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]

They were far from rubbish.

Ok tell me what they were great at?? passing sideways, overhit through balls i know they can do it but just thought last night they were average a lot of ball possesion with very little threat. Chelsea should have won end of story
  • Options
    Henry - when you say 'two actual champions in the final' do you mean current league champions or about to be elected champions?
    Because Real Madrid are the current Spanish champions.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne
    Ok tell me what they were great at?? passing sideways, overhit through balls i know they can do it but just thought last night they were average a lot of ball possesion with very little threat. Chelsea should have won end of story[/quote]

76% possession does not happen from average performances!
  • Options
    Chelsea were chasing the ball most of the game, the only reason Chelsea had the chances they did was due to a make shift Barca defence with long balls over the top they couldn't deal with. Stick Puyol and MArquez back in there and Chelsea wouldn't have had a squeak.

Amazing for a team to have so much posession but not make the keeper make a save. A strange game by all acounts.
  • Options
    n659qq.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne
    Ok tell me what they were great at?? passing sideways, overhit through balls i know they can do it but just thought last night they were average a lot of ball possesion with very little threat. Chelsea should have won end of story

76% possession does not happen from average performances!

Yeah great 76% possesion 1 shot on target. We beg to differ i certainly didnt think this a great side worthy of being european champions.