Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Unless that twitter account is a fake (and there's nothing to suggest it is) then Stephens to Villa is nailed on.

Quite sad to think last Saturday's match could be the last time we see Dale and Solly in the red of Charlton. (And whoever else we don't know about leaving yet!)
  • Villa forum saying Stephens being brought in to cover injury to Gary Gardener.
    If he's sold, the board need to come out and say why he was sold.
  • wouldn't be too gutted about Stephens if we replaced him with someone decent. Unfortunately I don't think we will.
  • This is all crazy talk.

Button would be free if Sullivan goes on loan. Stephens is well worth selling for that kind of money as long as we put money back in to get some quality back.

I like the idea of bringing Jackson into CM and bringing a winger in.
  • This is all crazy talk.

Button would be free if Sullivan goes on loan. Stephens is well worth selling for that kind of money as long as we put money back in to get some quality back.

I like the idea of bringing Jackson into CM and bringing a winger in.

What kind of money?
  • villa can't be short of a few bob, young english talent would hope we are asking for atleast 1mil
  • Wiki says he's gone for 1million.
  • Looks like his off judging by his tweets. Bad times
  • what evidence is there that jj could cut it in cm,he would still be slow and hes not the best tackler.we need mobility and pace.especially if we lose dale stephens who is absolute quality,he would be a big loss to our team.
  • got a link to his tweets? Be disappointed if he goes as he is a good footballer who will only get better in my opinion. 1m is a steal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Genius from Powell. Sell Stephens to Villa for a million plus a sell-on clause now, swap places come May and then buy him back for a knock down price next summer. :-)
  • For what it's worth, I don't think it would be the end of the world to lose Stephens. He's still learning the game and whilst he's doing that for every great pass or shot there's 2 going astray, and he slows the play down considerably. I'd like him to stay because I think there's definitely a very decent player there, but he needs to learn how to run a game and until he does that I think his value to the team will always be limited.

Hope it's more than the £1m being talked about though.
  • This Dale Stephens thing certainly came out of the blue didn't it. Did not see that 1 coming at all!! No inside knowledge but I now have a feeling this could be a very long & hard week for all charlton fans! Hope I'm proved wrong
  • got a link to his tweets? Be disappointed if he goes as he is a good footballer who will only get better in my opinion. 1m is a steal.

macauley stephens ‏@m_stephens8
    News spreads fast ehh... All I say is good luck

now hes retweeted:

Marcus Starr ‏@Marcus_S_23
    @IAMGARYASHTON you heard that Villa are after Dale Stephens? Your cousin could be a premier league footballer this time next week #mental
  • If it's £1m then I would take it, a decent player but there's not been too many games I've walked away saying how good Stephens is and how much difference he made.

• A million quid is sweet FA, fire sale stuff
  • Valley11 said:

Villa forum saying Stephens being brought in to cover injury to Gary Gardener.

Why would we stand in his way to move to a Prem club if we get a good offer? They don't need to come out and say anything.

• Tweets have gone now.
  • they don't need to come out and say anything but they do bloody need to reinvest.

Central midfielders who are fit would be Hollands and Pritchard, maybe Jacko. Worrying.
  • Valley11 said:

Villa forum saying Stephens being brought in to cover injury to Gary Gardener.

Why would we stand in his way to move to a Prem club if we get a good offer? They don't need to come out and say anything.

Hmmm - I thought the idea was to buy a championship standard team last summer that would mean not needing to sign players this summer? Don't remember anyone saying members of that squad would be sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's always surprised me how under valued Stephens is by many Charlton fans. A big loss if you ask me and 1m isn't a fair reflection of his value.
  • edited August 2012
    If I go through our starting 11. Whilst I don't want any to go. If I had to choose one to go, Stephens would be my choice. A bit like a Big Brother nomination when you like everyone :-)

Would I prefer to lose Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Cort, Morro, Jackson, Pritchard, Hollands, BWP & Kermy.
    The answer is no. Tough choice, but if one had to go I'd choose Stephens.
    For a £1M I'd take him there as well. (Assume we have a sell on clause).
  • Looks like his off judging by his tweets. Bad times

Could easily read that they've heard it on Sky rather than from Dale himself, and the wiki update can be done by anyone - no citation obviously. That said, doesn't look good for Stephens staying does it.
  • We will struggle to replace him
  • Carter said:

We will struggle to replace him

We didn't do too badly when he was out last season.
  • When we signed Stephens from under the noses of bigger clubs last year it really signalled for me our intentions for the next season or two.Showed great ambition.

This is not good.
  • Stephens may have a chance to play in the Prem, no doubt at increased wages, and we would get some reasonable and perhpas much needed money.........and the Club has to make a statement?
  • Carter said:

We will struggle to replace him

Agreed, and selling for a Million if true is a joke

• I'm not fused if he goes providing we get 1mill plus, I do hope jackson isn't the answer to the centre midfield spot when stephens leaves .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!