Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Heard it earlier about stephens didnt know what to make of it tbh

Been our worst player so far this season imo

couldn't be further from the truth 'IMO'
  • First Lowton now Stephens, are they thinking players will make the step up and they want to get them in when they are cheaper?
  • Heard it earlier about stephens didnt know what to make of it tbh

This very very very short season
  • Can't see what Dale has done to attract the attention of a Premier League team. When he came to us I was exited but I think on the whole he has been a bit of a let down. Potential certainly but not convinced me me I'm afraid.
  • I'll trust Paul Lambert's judgement over a lot of people's on here. Still think a season in the Championship would help him, but if he can make the step up, he'll be a darn good player
  • edited August 2012

Heard it earlier about stephens didnt know what to make of it tbh

True, but he was also one of the worst last season (out of the regular players) ie not Clarke etc.
    However, nearly all the others did play exceptionally well.
  • Yep some of those through balls and long range strikes last season weren't up to scratch at all
  • This might sound weird but I honestly think dale stephens is much better suited to premier league football, he will find himself with a lot of time on the ball and with time on the ball I feel stephens could be top notch
  • Wow this is a bit of a suprise. Let's hope the possible arrival of Button isn't a sign that Hamer is in demand.
  • edited August 2012

Heard it earlier about stephens didnt know what to make of it tbh

True, but he was also one of the worst last season (out of the regular players) ie not Clarke etc.
    However, nearly all the others did play exceptionally well.
    He was out injured for quite a while though.

Yes we had an established team but Centre Mid struggled with injuries so I don't think we can write him off after what 20 odd games.

He will get better and I'd rather see him do that for us than someone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stephens was fantastic until he was injuried but less inpressive since IMHO Lambert may see that potential.

Like CE would rather lose Dale than Solly.

Going to be an interesting few days.

Remember, believe it when its on the OS.
  • Rothko said:

I'll trust Paul Lambert's judgement over a lot of people's on here. Still think a season in the Championship would help him, but if he can make the step up, he'll be a darn good player

I would trust Alex Ferguson's judgement over a lot of people's on here, does not not always mean he is correct. Now I am not saying Dale Stephens is a bad player at all, because he is not, but for me he is not a premiership level player.

• mart77 said:

Wow this is a bit of a suprise. Let's hope the possible arrival of Button isn't a sign that Hamer is in demand.

I think we're safe (for now) on that front....Cawley has said that Sullivan is likely to go out on loan in the next week, presumably once Button has arrived.

What did Airman say a few weeks ago about being happy to keep the entire squad intact? :(
  • Didn't see Norwich or Southampton selling their best players on the way up
  • edited August 2012
    Rothko said:

Didn't see Norwich or Southampton selling their best players on the way up

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
  • edited August 2012
    If Villa really have bid for him, I don't think CP will stand in his way. With 4 days to get a replacement in (probably a prem loan), I think it gets done.

This could also be the opportunity to move Jackson into the middle with Cook or Kerkar on the left (maybe even Hammill or N'Guessan).

Just a gut feeling (no inside info..).
  • Just to check - those of you saying that Dale isn't prem class that's not a criticism of him .... More a criticism of any Prem manager wanting to buy him ?
  • Dale is probably my favourite player of this current team! Really don't want this to be true
  • edited August 2012
    1. These are rumours
    2. I felt a lot worse hearing a solly rumour than the Stephens rumour, he's a decent player but could be replaced
  • Very good, we're not clearing £15m though are we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:

Very good, we're not clearing £15m though are we?

Aha so that's the magic amount we require ....

• Stephens doesn't fit our team for me. Not quick enough and bottles it from tackles. Question marks over his stamina too.
    Good shots, some good long passes but easier to replace than Solly IMO

I was excited when he signed but just hasn't done enough for me. Anything above £600k I'd take and I'd go get Ritchie from Swindon
  • Apparently paying 500k for Button, a lot to spend on a back up keeper, got a bad feeling Hamer will be off
  • this is going to be a shite 4 days
  • Dale Stephens in a Prem club? On what, 15k/week? Utterly, totally insane.
  • Crikey. That is a shock. I'm gonna be getting right on my mates tits in the next couple of days. Hopefully I will find something out
  • Mike said:

this is going to be a shite 4 days

Certainly going to be a long 4 days!! Roll on saturday morning!!
  • edited August 2012

Apparently paying 500k for Button, a lot to spend on a back up keeper, got a bad feeling Hamer will be off

Especially when we spent nowt on our current reserve keeper.
    I'd expect a £500k signing to start ...... Am I alone in that ?

Hope you're wrong GJ
  • Apparently paying 500k for Button, a lot to spend on a back up keeper, got a bad feeling Hamer will be off

Saw him once and thought he was decent but much prefer to keep Hamer

Take a zero off that and you'll be getting closer. Might even be a freebie.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!