Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• be very surprised if Hamer left, he seems at home here
  • Oh and the other thing is, Southampton reinvested in quality, we'll buy a couple more on the tick, and hopefully keep HMRC sweet
  • Don't mind Stephens but he isn't good enough for the PL and I have doubts whether he'll ever be good enough for that level imo
  • Swisdom said:

Stephens doesn't fit our team for me. Not quick enough and bottles it from tackles. Question marks over his stamina too.
    Good shots, some good long passes but easier to replace than Solly IMO

I was excited when he signed but just hasn't done enough for me. Anything above £600k I'd take and I'd go get Ritchie from Swindon

Have to disagree...have never seen Stephens "bottle a tackle"

I agree his stamina is a slight issue but I thought that was down to him being injured most of last season

Apparently paying 500k for Button, a lot to spend on a back up keeper, got a bad feeling Hamer will be off

where did you hear that mate?
  • Can't wait for this transfer window to slam shut
  • Why would hamer go, good relationship with scp and Ben Roberts, is getting the first team football that he wants, and is improving well with us
  • sam3110 said:

Yep some of those through balls and long range strikes last season weren't up to scratch at all

No, all the long range passes that met their target & long range strikes were excellent. It's the 50% of the games that he goes missing that's the issue & we could improve upon.

He may well be a star for the future & I'd be very pleased to keep him in the reserves (if there was such a thing).

But if we need to sell ........

• if we pay 500k for a keeper who is 23 but has been on loan to over 10 clubs in his time at Spurs then that really will be a crap crap signing
  • Can't see hamer going, all set up here, great relationship with fans and management, improving each game.not a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• So 400k on a back up right back and 500 on a backup keeper as things stand...
  • Mike said:

if we pay 500k for a keeper who is 23 but has been on loan to over 10 clubs in his time at Spurs then that really will be a crap crap signing

500k is a hell of a lot to pay for a reserve keeper for a club that has supposed financial problems.

Starting to worry that Hamer could be on his way...
  • Unless he gets offered better wages, in which I think any human being would go..
  • Considering he's 4th choice at spurs after friedal, Gomes and cudicini - 5th if they get Lloris from Lyon - half a mil is a huge amount of money for a guy who it looks like has only played a full season at Plymouth & another at Shrewsbury.

Seems a bit odd ...
  • Sounds like £250k up front and the more wages line is only relevant if you know what he was on at spurs. Could be a youth team salary.
  • If Spurs sign Lloris, this will be a free transfer.
  • If Spurs sign Lloris, this will be a free transfer.

Hope so !
  • edited August 2012
    Played 16 games at Championship level last season for Doncaster and Barnsley. Would be decent back-up to Hamer but no way would we even consider paying 500k for him. Can see it happening but not at that price.
  • I would have thought it would be more like 50k for Button.
  • Letting Dale Stephens go would be a very big mistake imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sooooo... What would people think of we sign button for 400k and keep solly, hamer and Stephens? cash flow crisis solved? Will be shocked if villa sign Stephens tbh. Nowhere near premier league quality... Yet.
  • TBH I have no opinion on Button as I hadn't even heard of him before tonight.
  • So 400k on a back up right back and 500 on a backup keeper as things stand...

Stevenage FM researcher seems to think we paid £250k for Wilson along with a big sell on clause. That might just be his estimate but I think it's probably closer to the truth.

As for Stephens that would be a surprise. I find him frustrating but wouldn't be surprised if he pushes on at some point.

Don't what there is to gain from selling him for say £600k, though I wouldn't be disappointed if we got both a good fee and good replacement.
  • I hope oldham have no percentage sell on dale stephens... gets on my nerves having to give other clubs money from our players
  • This account is a family member of Stephens (I am logically guessing by the pictures of him on there)

If it is..then these last few tweets are interesting...

https://twitter.com/m_stephens8
  • Looks like it is going to be an interesting four days. Which of Button, Solly, Green, Waggy, Stephens, Quinn, Sullivan, Hamer, Hammill are going to come off I wonder.

Can't see Button costing us 500k but if he does I can't imagine he'll be back up. If Stephens goes I'd be disappointed personally but would be happy with Quinn. Hammill would be a decent signing but would suggest either, or both even, of Waggy and Green departing. Sullivan will go, at least on loan, if not permanent. Will Solly stay? And I have forgotten about DNG.

Can see CL going into meltdown at some point.
  • This account is a family member of Stephens (I am logically guessing by the pictures of him on there)

If it is..then these last few tweets are interesting...

https://twitter.com/m_stephens8

I think its his brother Stubley....

makes it seem as though he is on his way out unfortunately :(
  • That is Stephens brother. Bye bye Dale.
  • Villa news site asking is Stephens the new Barry? Blimey, Dale ain't that slow.....

• Looks that way. I know he divides opinion on here but genuinely think he is our best 'footballer'. Think he could have a good season. However,Lambert has probably seen him on a number of occasions and believes he can do it in the Prem. He is young so has plenty of time to turn his undoubted potential into regular quality.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!