Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Tbf chris will do everything in his power to keep solly

Not his decision to make imo.
    I know, our board are greedy cnuts, I feel for powell if we lose solly because it shows the board aren't backing him

The BoD backed CP last season extensively and ran up a £6m (or so) loss in the process and no doubt will dip into the pockets this season to boot. If you want to chip in I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear from you.

In the meantime we have to accept that the odd player will get sold to balance the books - that makes them realists not "greedy cnuts", but whatever.

Good though Solly is, he is not part of the spine of the team and, therefore, more dispensible than, say, hamer, morrison or kermy. We need the money so it's goodbye and thanks to Chris, maybe you'll be back one day.

In a way I Agree but how can you not say his a big part of the team when he won player of the season. Usually using a right back wouldn't be to bad, but the fact of the matter is its our best player.
    I need to clarify - Solly is a big part of the team, arguably our best player and his loss will be felt. I just think the loss of Hamer, Morrison or Kermy would be greater playing wise. Losing your best player doesn't necessarily affect the team the greatest.

Weakening your defence - the defence on which your success has been built upon - when you've just stepped up a level doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm really not sure people get it. If Solly goes its nothing to do with any football reason, strengthening or otherwise. It's because we need the money.
  • If we can get 2.5mill for Solly and Luke Young on a season long loan with the option to sign him at the end I'd be happy. Young would be more than adequate and if the funds can be used to buy Quinn and a decent CM I'd be over the moon. Don't want him to go, but no player is bigger than the team.
  • rikofold said:

Tbf chris will do everything in his power to keep solly

Not his decision to make imo.
    I know, our board are greedy cnuts, I feel for powell if we lose solly because it shows the board aren't backing him

The BoD backed CP last season extensively and ran up a £6m (or so) loss in the process and no doubt will dip into the pockets this season to boot. If you want to chip in I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear from you.

In the meantime we have to accept that the odd player will get sold to balance the books - that makes them realists not "greedy cnuts", but whatever.

Good though Solly is, he is not part of the spine of the team and, therefore, more dispensible than, say, hamer, morrison or kermy. We need the money so it's goodbye and thanks to Chris, maybe you'll be back one day.

In a way I Agree but how can you not say his a big part of the team when he won player of the season. Usually using a right back wouldn't be to bad, but the fact of the matter is its our best player.
    I need to clarify - Solly is a big part of the team, arguably our best player and his loss will be felt. I just think the loss of Hamer, Morrison or Kermy would be greater playing wise. Losing your best player doesn't necessarily affect the team the greatest.

Weakening your defence - the defence on which your success has been built upon - when you've just stepped up a level doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me.
    this

• Jay bothroyd, going to Wednesday if QPR agree the offer.
  • If we got 2.5 mil for Solly, got Young and Quinn in and the rest went on cash flow/debt id be ok with it. Dont want to see Solly go but needs must.
  • No-one gives a flying f*ck
  • sam3110 said:

No-one gives a flying f*ck

Exactly the reply piggy wants. Ignore him if it winds you up. It's not hard

• First part of my last rumour about to come true if Button signs then. Remember, Keeper, CM to come in and Solly to stay before end of transfe window....you heard it here first!
  • First part of my last rumour about to come true if Button signs then. Remember, Keeper, CM to come in and Solly to stay before end of transfe window....you heard it here first!

I like your rumours mate keep them coming :)

• Sponsored links:

• We had Bothroyd and he was rumoured to be in talks a few weeks back, for once we were as one in not wanting the lazy tit back

Hope you get him (Tee Hee). Pay back for Leon Clarke :-)

That would be a great deal for Wednesday, I know many people see a sort of rivalry between us and Wednesday maybe because we came up together, not really sure but I do think if they do actually get Bothroyd they look very good for back to back promotions.
  • their defence is too weak for promotion
  • edited August 2012
    They need defenders not strikers,there one of worst teams defensively,when they come up against the real sides of the championship, not the likes of derby and millwall,they will be in for a shock,and wont be coming on here acting so cocky.
  • Allardyce was on Sky Sports earlier, stating that he believed the Hamsters spending was done. They'd reached their limits & would only be looking at loans now.

I know...take with as much a pinch of salt as anything else said by managers, football forums, pundits, papers etc! But fingers crossed...
  • cafc4ever said:

Jay bothroyd, going to Wednesday if QPR agree the offer.

That would be a great deal for Wednesday, I know many people see a sort of rivalry between us and Wednesday maybe because we came up together, not really sure but I do think if they do actually get Bothroyd they look very good for back to back promotions.
    It looks like shit or bust with the number of players that the Wendies are buying/loaning
  • For what it's worth we are a selling club. Always have been and unless we usurp the big guns in English football we always will be. We've sold countless players over the years in order to survive or the player wants to go and we have always got to the other side. If it was a fire sale of our assets like Leeds a few years back then I would be worried. If Solly goes then he goes and I will wish him all the best, dust down my shirt, roll my sleeves up and watch my team just like I have done over the last 30 years. I love Charlton and with all love comes disappointment and setback but yet that love will draw me back no matter what. Those getting shirty and wanting to hand in their season tickets should sit back and take a good hard look at the club. We are a newly promoted Championship team. The fact we were once a consistent member of the Premier League means nothing anymore other than we have Premier League facilities that need to be maintained on Championship income so we probably have to sell to keep said facilities ticking over just like we always have done.
  • West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he does not expect the club to be busy in the final few days of the transfer window.

The Hammers have brought in nine new players this summer and parted ways with the same number as Allardyce reshuffled his squad in preparation for the club's return to the Premier League.

The Upton Park outfit are still being linked with targets as Friday's deadline draws nearer, including Liverpool duo Andy Carroll and Joe Cole.

But Allardyce says further signings are unlikely after speaking with the club's co-chairman, who has informed the manager the Hammers have reached their spending limit.

Limit

He told Sky Sports: "I don't see much at all, to be honest with you, in terms of ins.

"I think that our finances now are on the limit, as it were, speaking to our co-chairmen. I think that we'll work with what we've got."

Allardyce added if he does make any last-minute reinforcements it is likely to be on a loan basis.

He added: "We'll never say never, you never know what might turn up. But if it's going to be anything, it's never going to get past a loan deal, I think."
  • He added: "We'll never say never, you never know what might turn up. But if it's going to be anything, it's never going to get past a loan deal, I think."

Dear oh dear, he's absolutely murdering our beautiful language there.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4ever said:

Jay bothroyd, going to Wednesday if QPR agree the offer.

It looks like shit or bust with the number of players that the Wendies are buying/loaning
    Why, we haven't really forked out that much cash.

• Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

If Solly is going, I hope the deal is done quickly so SCP has a little time to do some transfer business. CM a priority but we will also need another RB as I doubt Jordan Cousins is ready for the step up yet. What price Fraser Richardson back from Saints on loan?

Really hope Solly stays though.

Lawrie Wilson is already here.

But we want competition for each position and I don't think either Hughes or Cousins is it at RB - hence the need to bring someone else in if Solly goes.

If Solly was to go we would definately need to bring in a first choice RB. All those who think it wouldn't be the end of the world etc etc if solly went & it brought funds into the club might feel a little differently if Wilson played for any length of time at RB.

• Perhaps the deal is first refusal and has been done, i.e. no better offer by a certain date, so the club leak the offer to get other bidders interested?
  • edited August 2012
    Wolves fan on twitter saying Adam Hammill to us. He's a winger, ex Liverpool. Forest also looking at him.
  • Merseyside Fischer ‏@MerseysideFisch
    Former #LFC winger Adam Hammill may be off to Charlton Athletic from Wolves. #CAFC
  • Merseyside Fischer ‏@MerseysideFisch
    Former #LFC winger Adam Hammill may be off to Charlton Athletic from Wolves. #CAFC

Would be a great signing - as would Quinn or Wordsworth.
  • Did anyone else hear the rumour that Harry Rednapp will be a manager of a LONDON premier league club in the next week?

the bookie on talksport breakfast show (betfred i think) was saying that he had phone calls for serious bets from people he described as "not mugs"
  • pioneer said:

Did anyone else hear the rumour that Harry Rednapp will be a manager of a LONDON premier league club in the next week?

the bookie on talksport breakfast show (betfred i think) was saying that he had phone calls for serious bets from people he described as "not mugs"

QPR
  • J BLOCK said:

pioneer said:

Did anyone else hear the rumour that Harry Rednapp will be a manager of a LONDON premier league club in the next week?

QPR
    Tony Fernandez?

• Remember Hamill being very good at Barnsley. Scored a few goals as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!