Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Good though Solly is, he is not part of the spine of the team and, therefore, more dispensible than, say, hamer, morrison or kermy. We need the money so it's goodbye and thanks to Chris, maybe you'll be back one day.

In a way I Agree but how can you not say his a big part of the team when he won player of the season. Usually using a right back wouldn't be to bad, but the fact of the matter is its our best player.
  • If Solly is going, I hope the deal is done quickly so SCP has a little time to do some transfer business. CM a priority but we will also need another RB as I doubt Jordan Cousins is ready for the step up yet. What price Fraser Richardson back from Saints on loan?

Really hope Solly stays though.
  • Good though Solly is, he is not part of the spine of the team and, therefore, more dispensible than, say, hamer, morrison or kermy. We need the money so it's goodbye and thanks to Chris, maybe you'll be back one day.

In a way I Agree but how can you not say his a big part of the team when he won player of the season. Usually using a right back wouldn't be to bad, but the fact of the matter is its our best player.
    I need to clarify - Solly is a big part of the team, arguably our best player and his loss will be felt. I just think the loss of Hamer, Morrison or Kermy would be greater playing wise. Losing your best player doesn't necessarily affect the team the greatest.

• Davo55 said:

If Solly is going, I hope the deal is done quickly so SCP has a little time to do some transfer business. CM a priority but we will also need another RB as I doubt Jordan Cousins is ready for the step up yet. What price Fraser Richardson back from Saints on loan?

Really hope Solly stays though.

Lawrie Wilson is already here.

• If Solly does leave this week it will be such a negative statement of intent by the club after everything about last season. They know this of course.

Which is one reason why I think he won't go.

Laugh if you wish but I think Slater and Jimenez are more sensitive to what fans think and say than some think.

And not selling him will be held up as strong evidence that nothing was every wrong, the board are doing a good job etc.

• My source says that if all parties agree on a deal then it will be completed sometime in the next four days
  • Did a google news search, found a headline saying ''Too late to save Solly'' and assumed the WHU deal must have gone through. But it turned out to be a story about a hippo called Solly at a game lodge in South Africa.

Do you think we can take this as a good omen ? To lose one Solly would be a misfortune. To lose two...
  • Yet again delusional fans I'm afraid. "Solly isn't part of the spine of the team" the second that there is a rumour that he might be sold.
    Solly is 21and will only get better. He is for me one of the best players in the team hands down, with Hull being a game that he probably wouldn't want to look back on... But "He hasn't been as impressive as last season." The best part of the Leicester game aside from our goals was his run down the right wing...

Solly is amazing so lets not pretend that losing him would be anything less than a real shock for the team... That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be necessary to sell him for financial reasons though. But if Solly goes I would see it personally as confirmation that there are some financial issues at play.
  • My source says that if all parties agree on a deal then it will be completed sometime in the next four days

Seeing as the window closes in 4 days, you don't need to be nostradarmus (sp?) to work out a time-scale like that.

• Give me a RELIABLE source that says solly is leaving then I will believe you
  • Sponsored links:

• If he goes then I am certain Lawrie Wilson will get flak and be the next Francis. Even Maicon or Dani Alves would get the same grief

You've changed your tune overnight I see.

Yes Henry, it all got a bit hyped up yesterday with so many people seeming to be in the know , I just think if there isn't a reliable source to show he is leaving, why believe these rumours ?

Yes Henry, it all got a bit hyped up yesterday with so many people seeming to be in the know , I just think if there isn't a reliable source to show he is leaving, why believe these rumours ?
    you chat a lot of rubbish, but I agree with u on this one

Seeing as the window closes in 4 days, you don't need to be nostradarmus (sp?) to work out a time-scale like that.

Well done....
  • edited August 2012

Give me a RELIABLE source that says solly is leaving then I will believe you

you chat a lot of rubbish, but I agree with u on this one

Thanks I guess ;)

It's a rumour on a rumours thread. If Powell came out and said we are selling him then it wouldn't be a rumour any more. You're not meant to believe them as though they are hard facts. It's only true when its on the OS as we all know.

And I don't think "it got a bit hyped up yesterday". I think certain people "got a bit hyped up" and are now trying to back track : - )

It's a rumour on a rumours thread. If Powell came out and said we are selling him then it wouldn't be a rumour any more. You're not meant to believe them as though they are hard facts. It's only true when its on the OS as we all know.

And I don't think "it got a bit hyped up yesterday". I think certain people "got a bit hyped up" and are now trying to back track : - )
    It has gone further than a rumour now though Henry to be fair. Most of the comments should be a separate thread. Most of the rumours being posted are about how much money we have/don't have, what bills we haven't paid and what the owners what.
    I don't know what happened yesterday though, missed all the action by the look of things.
  • Solly won't go.

It has gone further than a rumour now though Henry to be fair. Most of the comments should be a separate thread. Most of the rumours being posted are about how much money we have/don't have, what bills we haven't paid and what the owners what.
    I don't know what happened yesterday though, missed all the action by the look of things.
    Still just a rumour though.

Calling for a reliable source is pointless because even if the people who have heard something said who their source was others would dismiss that source.

Believe it when it's on the OS

• Sponsored links:

• My point is that there is not a reliable source

Still just a rumour though.

Calling for a reliable source is pointless because even if the people who have heard something said who their source was others would dismiss that source.

Believe it when it's on the OS

yer completely agree it is still a rumour. And there is no such things as a reliable source on here to many you're absolutely right. But this thread has been filled with complete dross really, most of it goes beyond the Solly rumour and it is getting a little bit frustrating. Let's just see what happens now, we're all aware the rumour is going about.

That's why it's a rumour!

I heard a rumour that you were going to pledge £20 to the shirt sponsorship but still haven't seen you post on that thread. : - )

Some of the posters who have shared information on this thread are as reliable as you'll get on an Internet forum I'm afraid
  • edited August 2012
    ;)

I heard a rumour that you were going to pledge £20 to the shirt sponsorship but still haven't seen you post on that thread. : - )

I'm going to need details if I'm making a bank transfer Henry ;)

No, you need to post on the thread so Suzi knows you are pledging then she'll send you the bank details just like she does with everyone else.
  • if the club needs money why not sell BWP instead as we have Fuller and Haynes to take his place
  • if the club needs money why not sell BWP instead as we have Fuller and Haynes to take his place

BWP is older and has a dodgy knee hence he failed medicals at Rangers and Reading.

Means we got him cheap but also that he has a lower re-sale value.

• Plus easier to replace a right back than a natural goalscorer like bwp

I'm going to need details if I'm making a bank transfer Henry ;)

No, you need to post on the thread so Suzi knows you are pledging then she'll send you the bank details just like she does with everyone else.
    Ok ,will find that thread now :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!