Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Other unsubstantiated rumours that are being banded about are Luke Young on a season long loan and Nigel Reo Coker on a free
  • If we need to sell him we should
    If we don't need to then we shouldn't .... Simples !!

If only it were that simple.

The question should be why do we need to sell him?

The answer to that is definitely simple. We have no money. The supplementary question is then why do we have no money ?

• We are, along with the majority, a selling club.

We will always be, along with the majority, a selling club.

As long as we get the right money/market value for the players we sell then thats all we can hope for.
  • Other unsubstantiated rumours that are being banded about are Luke Young on a season long loan and Nigel Reo Coker on a free

Where are these rumours?

Not sure about Young, why would we need another right back when we have Sol...... Oh!

Reo-Coker would be excellent. Combative midfielder we need if he is anything like the player he used to be. Thought he jumped ship at Bolton when they went down so would he come to us? South London boy as I remember. How old is he now? 30?
  • Gazcafc81 said:

If Solly is sold and the money we get for him isn't Invested back into the squad, then I'm done.

You'll probably find my season ticket on fleabay or might just give it away.

Why ?
  • I don’t want Solly to go, he is one of our better players, I also don’t think we need the money. However if the Board feel that they want to take the money lets hope that they are good in their negotiations with West Ham, perhaps they should gain some advice from Wolves as they have sold a couple of players including Jarvis to West Ham for a very high figure.
  • edited August 2012
    Scoham said:

Other unsubstantiated rumours that are being banded about are Luke Young on a season long loan and Nigel Reo Coker on a free

Where are these rumours?

Deadline week Rumours
    « Thread Started Today at 8:58am »
    Powell confirms he has not finished bringing players in and hopes to do more buisness this week

Early rumours
    Solly to WHU 3mill
    Luke Young on season loan
    Wagstaff to forest 400.000
    Rio Coker joins on a free

I would take these

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=11999#ixzz24ja9XFmf
    As I said... Unsubstantiated
  • I heard the reo Coker at brum but didn't think much of it would be expensive wages

Young would be a good replacement but also high wages

Gaz81 we have been in worse situations and you stuck it out
  • Wages for both would seem to be a severe obstacle. Fanciful I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• You heard a lot at Brum, did you manage to watch any of the game.
  • In between falling over and drinking cider I saw a bit buddy
  • Well apparently Reo Coker has turned down Fulham, been linked to various clubs in Italy. Why would he come here? Clearly too good for this level.....

Oh what's that? He is linked with every club in Europe each time his contract runs out, could be a possibility then
  • Couldn't have seen much as I was sure Pritchard missed from a yard and it was yann
  • If we need to sell him we should
    If we don't need to then we shouldn't .... Simples !!

If only it were that simple.

The question should be why do we need to sell him?

Cos we're skint would be the only justification as far as I can see
  • edited August 2012
    Rumour that solly may pull out of whu move due to fears over the Essex lion. strange how the Essex lion rumours started just after the solly transfer raised its head again :-)
  • Gaz81 we have been in worse situations and you stuck it out

As long as Solly is replaced and the Board don't bin all the money then I have no problem.

Don't understand selling Wagstaff, unless DNG is coming in???

• Reo-coker turned down Fulham. He's had an offer from florentina.... he won't be coming here.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Gaz81 we have been in worse situations and you stuck it out

As long as Solly is replaced and the Board don't bin all the money then I have no problem.

Don't understand selling Wagstaff, unless DNG is coming in???

Right midfield currently occupied by Pritchard. We then have Green, Wilson and Waggy. I can definitely one out. It won't be Pritch or Wilson so ?

• We are, along with the majority, a selling club.

We will always be, along with the majority, a selling club.

As long as we get the right money/market value for the players we sell then thats all we can hope for.

I agree but some more openness and honesty stating that that is the situation would be appreciated.

Anyway, as I said he's not gone and may not go.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Like Alan Brazil once said "Charlton are Powder Puff" or in this case The Board is.

I can see another Andy Reid turn out with this mob :/

I guess I should be thankful to this board for taking care of our £20m debt though, i can see it now "Jimenez Turns Valley Into Tescos, every little helps"
  • If we can generate £2-3m and sort any shortfall for a year, plus get in a replacement right back, a creative mid and keeper, I'd be gutted, but would accept as good business sense.

Solly has been ok in the first three games, but nowhere near as impressive as last season and all of them, bar Fuller, Cort and Morrison I suspect are going to have to prove that they can really cut it at this level consistenly over 46 games.

Until we return to the promised land at some point, we will have to get accustomed to selling jewels in our crown to balance the books and redevelop the squad. The same for 80-90% of football clubs.

Reo coker, suspect no chance, Young possibly, as may not make 25 man squad and likely to go out on loan. Would be a welcome return, if feasible and particularly at this level.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Like Alan Brazil once said "Charlton are Powder Puff" or in this case The Board is.

I guess I should be thankful to this board for taking care of our £20m debt though, i can see it now "Jimenez Turns Valley Into Tescos, every little helps"

How have they taken care of our debts? They don't publish accounts do they? Who knows what our debt level is and to whom
  • razil said:

Gazcafc81 said:

How have they taken care of our debts? They don't publish accounts do they? Who knows what our debt level is and to whom
    The saving grace is that The Valley can never become space for a Tesco store. Delivery lorries would not be able to get to the site. Residential development is the only possibility for a sale.

Late payment is a problem for all small companies. I work for a company that never pays under 90 days.
  • edited August 2012
    Pavo said:

Solly has been ok in the first three games, but nowhere near as impressive as last season and all of them, bar Fuller, Cort and Morrison I suspect are going to have to prove that they can really cut it at this level consistenly over 46 games.

I thought he had a great game at Birmingham, and one of the reasons we came away with a point

• Good though Solly is, he is not part of the spine of the team and, therefore, more dispensible than, say, hamer, morrison or kermy. We need the money so it's goodbye and thanks to Chris, maybe you'll be back one day.
  • edited August 2012
    £1m and Baldock with Young on loan would have been acceptable.
    £2m to pay off debts is highly depressing.
    It would be better if the board were open with us tbh.
  • Cant blame the board for playing their financial cards close to their chest, if we 'are/were' that financially screwed and made the point clear (for the sake of being open with fans), Id anticipate the bids for our better players wouldnt be so generous.
  • If Solly does leave this week it will be such a negative statement of intent by the club after everything about last season. They know this of course. Also from what I have seen so far this league looks very tough so without our best player it will be even harder. Its going to be a long week.
  • Negative or otherwise if it's necessary to sell to survive then we have to sell. It's a pity but better than admin or worse.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!