Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• If we sell solly I'm screwed ...
  • Just add an "ed" onto your name
  • Fair enough :)
  • Oh no. Really hope this doesn't happen.
    If Baldock had been part of the deal then fair enough, but a derisory offer- if under £2m is the fee -would be highly depressing.

• Obviously hope he stays if he does go I wonder if we could get Maynard as part of any deal?
  • Only rumours on twitter so nothing big atm. We need the bloke who was negotiating for Wolves to come and help us if true. Getting 11million for Jarvis, he must be good at his job
  • think we should be looking at getting a better midfielder and centre back in before a striker.
  • If a fee is agreed this will complete very very quickly. Don't expect any announcements stating that he is in talks.
  • On sat I still heard people haven't been paid

I know for a fact that a local company that supplies certain products to the Club has not been paid for a couple of months despite numerous attempts to contact the Club about it, albeit unsuccessfully.

• Considering that Talksport Moose has a history of being woefully inaccurate, I'm hopeful that Solly won't be leaving.
  • Sponsored links:

• If a fee is agreed this will complete very very quickly. Don't expect any announcements stating that he is in talks.

What I heard as well - that's already been done.

And I don't know Clem before anyone starts with clique rubbish.

I know for a fact that a local company that supplies certain products to the Club has not been paid for a couple of months despite numerous attempts to contact the Club about it, albeit unsuccessfully.

You just explained why PV and SK departed.

• Come back Mr Cash!
  • Anyone's else think we are in for some exiting times ?
  • Tbf chris will do everything in his power to keep solly

Not his decision to make imo.

I know, our board are greedy cnuts, I feel for powell if we lose solly because it shows the board aren't backing him
  • It is what is folks all I know is that everyone sir Chris brings in will fight for this club and that is all I have wanted for a long time
  • It is what is folks all I know is that everyone sir Chris brings in will fight for thiTs club and that is all I have wanted for a long time

Actually I think the board have backed SCP pretty well but we are skint and owe the pie man money. Needs must I'm afraid however unpalatable.

• I would not call them greedy just thing unfortunately seem to have changed
  • Sponsored links:

I know, our board are greedy cnuts, I feel for powell if we lose solly because it shows the board aren't backing him
    Trying to raise the money to cover operating expenses does not make them greedy.

That's shocking if true. We're a club which is a big part of the fabric of our local community. I'd rather not sign Fuller than rip off local suppliers.
  • Tbf if another player wants to leave first team football for money I don't mind, solly will do well but has to expect to sit on the bench
  • edited August 2012
    I cannot believe that CAFC management would sign a player as a sop to the fans - it just isn't credible as they don't care squit for us, just our money.
  • Solly would walk into that team IMO and would flourish with the time he will get on the ball
  • Tbf if the offer is there from West Ham then I don't blame Chris o e little bit for jumping at it. But it's not about him doing a Scott Parker is it ? We need that sale it would seem to pay our bills. Very disapointing but true. If he goes he goes with my blessing and good luck to him. He's a gem.
  • Lee/Bowyer/Mills/Bent/Shelvey/Jenkinson/Solly (and that's just in my supporting career)

We've always done it for the greater good of the club.
  • Tbf if the offer is there from West Ham then I don't blame Chris o e little bit for jumping at it. But it's not about him doing a Scott Parker is it ? We need that sale it would seem to pay our bills. Very disapointing but true. If he goes he goes with my blessing and good luck to him. He's a gem.

If solly left It would be a great move, I just think he needs one more year of championship experience then look for premier league, plus west ham look likely to come back down, could be a dangerous move

The BoD backed CP last season extensively and ran up a £6m (or so) loss in the process and no doubt will dip into the pockets this season to boot. If you want to chip in I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear from you.

In the meantime we have to accept that the odd player will get sold to balance the books - that makes them realists not "greedy cnuts", but whatever.

• edited August 2012
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!