Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Am I dreaming or did we once try to sign Alex but couldn't get a work permit?
  • Vinnie V. said:

Am I dreaming or did we once try to sign Alex but couldn't get a work permit?

No your not dreaming, you're perfectly correct.
  • I reckon a fair few Brazilians would have played at the Valley when we were in the Prem
  • players like Kleberson, Emerson Thome, Sylvinho, Roque Junior, Mario Jardel? Geovanni, there the players off the top of my head
  • Juniniho for Boro?
  • We had better, Barnes, who showed the samba boys how to dribble whilst scoring against them! ;-)
  • Have any brazilians played at the Valley?

Gary Docherty.
    He's going to released :o)
  • Alessandro Santos

was a japenese international I believe that we were trying to sign
  • rochemback who played for middlesbrough was
  • edited August 2012

Alessandro Santos

was a japenese international I believe that we were trying to sign

Yeah just saw that, still he was born in Brazil apparently.

Though he doesn't look Japanese but then again does Clinton Morrison look Irish?? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Bradford have one who handballed a goal against us, cant remember his name but we won 4-1, think it must of been late 90s
  • Is this a Brazilian thread or a Rumours thread ?
  • Didn't Bradford have one who handballed a goal against us, cant remember his name but we won 4-1, think it must of been late 90s

Edinho - the boy from Brazil!
  • DORIVA for Middlesbrough. We were linked to sign him quite a few times.
  • Oh yeah I remember Alex the Japanese player from Brazil... or should that be the other way round? I remember being gutted when he didn't a wp.
  • Liverpool signed another midfielder in Sahin.
    So Shelveys got Gerrard, Adam, Lucas, Henderson, Allen and now Sahin all fighting for the same positions.

He didn't look great on thursday night, but tore the championship up when on loan at blackpool last year.
  • Stoke seem to have signed Maurice Edu (someone who had been mentioned here)
  • edited August 2012
    Stebo said:

Oh yeah I remember Alex the Japanese player from Brazil... or should that be the other way round? I remember being gutted when he didn't a wp.

And rightly so Stebo...he was one hell of a player.
    He'd be way past his best now......I wonder is he still around?

• Stebo said:

Oh yeah I remember Alex the Japanese player from Brazil... or should that be the other way round? I remember being gutted when he didn't a wp.

And rightly so Stebo...he was one hell of a player.
    He'd be way past his best now......I wonder is he still around?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Santos

Looks like it. Over 80 caps for Japan... (assuming wiki is accurate!)
  • Rochembach? Barnsley
  • Sponsored links:

• The Scott Wagstaff to Nottm Forest was the hot topic of conversation today
  • Rochemback for Boro - scored genst us in the cup

people reckon its a goer then?

people reckon its a goer then?
    Don't care if he does, don't rate him never had, don't mean to sound horrible but it's the truth, hopefully we can get a couple hundred thousand
  • I actually agree to a certain extent. Think him and Green are both decent players, but back ups at champ level. If one of them go and we bring in a replacement who can challenge for the RM spot I would be very happy. Think Bolasie would have been good, maybe a good loanee from a prem club? 350k ish would be a good deal. Still young.
  • I actually agree to a certain extent. Think him and Green are both decent players, but back ups at champ level. If one of them go and we bring in a replacement who can challenge for the RM spot I would be very happy. Think Bolasie would have been good, maybe a good loanee from a prem club? 350k ish would be a good deal. Still young.

He's still young , but he hasn't seemed to progress in a way

He's still young , but he hasn't seemed to progress in a way
    I think he has in a lot of ways, was awful when I first saw him. Don't think he is as good as others do though
  • Pritchard seems to have progressed
    Solly progressed
    Cook is progressing,

Wagstaff didn't really progress, see the issue?
  • thats just your opinion though mate, dont mean your right
  • edited August 2012
    He's progressed hugely. He came onto the scene with little to no strength and without any crossing ability. He's a lot stronger these days and offers a lot going forward whilst also sharing a great understanding with Solly.

I'd hate to see him leave, personally. Good player.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!