Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I know, I'm not saying I'm right, but it has been proved , where he hasn't progressed and Pritchard has, wagstaffs lost out
  • Yer the cockily way you said see the issue was annoying? Especially as your comment has no substance - Cook progressing? Don't make sense
  • Seeing as we're not playing with any wingers we might as well sell one of either Green or Waggy.
  • Exactly DRA, Pritchard and jacko weren't staying out wide
  • I know, I'm not saying I'm right, but it has been proved , where he hasn't progressed and Pritchard has, wagstaffs lost out

Erm... no it hasn't. It's proved that you don't think he's improved... not the same thing.
  • Chris powell obviously thinks he hasn't improved as he should of
  • Chris powell obviously thinks he hasn't improved as he should of

show us the quote please?
  • edited August 2012
    How is that obvious? Wagstaff played a big part in pre-season and, providing he stays, will take some part in at least 25-30 games this season I would imagine. The season is about the squad, not the team.

Powell is playing with four central midfielders because we don't want to be overrun in the centre. Let's start the season with a solid platform and not be playing catch-up come November. Maybe if we're still playing well 15-20 games into the season we can begin to branch out and start with out-and-out wingers.

But we're in a better league now, we're no longer the big fish and these are risks we simply can't take at this stage.

Five points from three games isn't too bad and is a lot more than most would've predicted.
  • Otherwise he'd surely be in the team ahead of Pritchard ?
  • I'm not saying he isn't good, I just feel he isn't progressing, he has hit a wall , and I feel he would be no major loss
  • Sponsored links:

• Otherwise he'd surely be in the team ahead of Pritchard ?

He's got a calf injury at the moment that he picked up in the Orient game.
  • Bit like how Wayne Rooney hasn't progressed so RVP started today...
  • How can you possibly say Cook has progressed more than Waggy? - He has played a cumulative 20 mins for us!!!!
  • Is this a rumour about whether Wagstaff has progressed?
  • End of the day , I don't think he'd be missed
  • Not a lot between waggy and green. Both offer different things. Both pretty fast, both got an eye for goal. Waggys crossing nowhere near Green but greens defending nowhere near Waggys.
    I'd keep them both if we can but of forest offer anything above 500-600k then we should consider it
  • BWP is "lazy"
    Wagstaff hasn't "progressed"

You'll do well as a journalist with such sweeping, unsubstantiated cliches
  • Just my opinion Henry , I will be a harsh bugger ;)
  • How can you possibly say Cook has progressed more than Waggy? - He has played a cumulative 20 mins for us!!!!

agree, thats why I said his comments have no substance. He says cook is progressing, but how can anybody no that? Nobody knew exactly what he was like when he arrived and he's barely played, albeit impressed when he has. Hardly progressing though.
  • By the logic used here Cook is regressing.

He was at a prem club and was let go. Now he's at a champ club so is going backwards.

But that is as silly as saying three league games in that a player hasn't progresed. Especially when he is our joint top scorer.

• Sponsored links:

• InSollyWeTrust is having a Ceddy today
  • Kermorgant is clearly regressing. Scored last time, but didn't today. Rubbish.... winky thingy.
  • InSollyWeTrust is having a Ceddy today

LOL - someone else reads the programme then : - )

• If wagstaff isn't considered good enough to be in the matchday squad of 18 then that doesn't bode well for him does it.

If he can't impress when coming on from thr bench like Kermo did last year for a while then how will he break into the team ?

Can't see CP rewarding great performances in training with a recall .... The only way he's getting on the bench or in the team is if we get an injury or suspension to Pritchard or Green as far as I can see.
  • Waded through 34 comments for nothing. I am gonna ban myself from this thread
  • To me, Wagstaff's game is based on determination and fitness. Green's is technical.

Perhaps Powell thinks Wagstaff's game is more suited to League 1 with Green more suited to the Champ.
  • If wagstaff isn't considered good enough to be in the matchday squad of 18 then that doesn't bode well for him does it.

If he can't impress when coming on from thr bench like Kermo did last year for a while then how will he break into the team ?

Can't see CP rewarding great performances in training with a recall .... The only way he's getting on the bench or in the team is if we get an injury or suspension to Pritchard or Green as far as I can see.

Its fitness keeping him out of the 18 primarily. A fully fit Wagstaff would be competing with Green and probably Kerkar for two places on the bench.
  • Once Fuller and Haynes are fit they should be on the bench. If we can bring in a CM that's another player that needs to be there.

That'll leave one spot for a winger, and we could have 4 to choose from. Probably Cook as he's the most versatile.

If a decent offer comes in for Waggy or Green they could well be sold. Had hoped we'd sign a player to improve on both of them. Looks like we can't afford that so will settle for Pritchard's more all round game and making ourselves hard to beat.

Waggy has a calf injury that he picked up against Orient.
  • thenewbie said:

If wagstaff isn't considered good enough to be in the matchday squad of 18 then that doesn't bode well for him does it.

Its fitness keeping him out of the 18 primarily. A fully fit Wagstaff would be competing with Green and probably Kerkar for two places on the bench.
    Pretty sure Kerkar gets here due to the quality of his left foot.
    Green the quality of his right foot

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!