Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited August 2012
    JT said:

Plaaayer said:

No

When you become moderator we'll pay attention to what you have to say. All I keep reading is you telling people what they should or should be writing, if you don't like it ignore it.
    What do Bury think about Stephens going to Villa?
  • Stop Shouting

I don't know where to start, and haven't got much time right now, but for now

1. What part of "transfer window closes 31.8" did you not understand?
    2. Modric leaving has been publically discussed since May

PA:

2) So has Solly's potential leaving
    Nope. Modric leaving was all over the newspapers. Solly not at all, and I was told categorically by someone who would need to know that as of 8th August no bid had been received for Solly from West Ham or anyone else. At the same time, certain people on here had authoritative info that Solly had got as far as personal terms. The fact that my source didn't seem to know that, when it now seems to be true, is very worrying to me.

I know a bit about Daniel Levy. (from ENIC's adventures in Prague with Slavia and the fellow N.London Jewish businessmen out here who know him well). He is a very sharp operator, the whole Modric thing has been about maximising the sale price. And as you see, he knows exactly what he wants to do with the money. Before 31.8......

• I'll have a look on the Darlington forum
  • edited August 2012
  • It's always surprised me how under valued Stephens is by many Charlton fans. A big loss if you ask me and 1m isn't a fair reflection of his value.

100% AGREE
  • So this is how we rated him. What's the problem if he's replaced ?

Name Appearances Average Top Three MoM
    Chris Solly 44 7.39 20 10
    Yann Kermorgant 34 7.35 18 7
    Rhoys Wiggins 45 7.14 14 6
    Michael Morrison 45 7.13 12 3
    Matthew Taylor 38 7.02 6 1
    Danny Hollands 43 6.98 11 2
    Bradley Wright-Phillips 42 6.95 13 4
    Johnnie Jackson 35 6.90 5 2
    Ben Hamer 40 6.86 9 4
    Dale Stephens 29 6.648 3 1
    Danny Green 25 6.645 1 1

Not a fair reflection, he was injured for a long time
  • J BLOCK said:

It's always surprised me how under valued Stephens is by many Charlton fans. A big loss if you ask me and 1m isn't a fair reflection of his value.

100% AGREE
    Also 100% agree. His corners for one thing - you would almost need to find a place in the team for Green to maintain any kind of set piece threat from the right footers.
  • The keeper connection doesn't worry me as CP has already said he wants to try and get someone in so he can let Sullivan go out on loan. The only thing that doesn't add up is the amount we're supposedly prepared to pay. Would hope/assume that the press have that number wrong.
  • That's what I mean seems a lot for a second choice
  • The keeper connection doesn't worry me as CP has already said he wants to try and get someone in so he can let Sullivan go out on loan. The only thing that doesn't add up is the amount we're supposedly prepared to pay. Would hope/assume that the press have that number wrong.

The fee was banded around by the Mirror. There is no way Spurs will be asking 500k for a 5th choice keeper. It'll be more or less a free transfer with a sizeable set of clauses attached.
  • Sponsored links:

• i really can't wait for the window to be shut, so everyone can stop pretending they know better than one another when in reality, they DON'T.
  • That's what I mean seems a lot for a second choice

it is so can only assume that either a) figure quoted is bollocks or b) Hamer is off

• CafcCrazy said:

i really can't wait for the window to be shut, so everyone can stop pretending they know better than one another when in reality, they DON'T.

Are you feeling left out? : - )

Some people DO have sources. Others, like me, don't so just accept it
  • CafcCrazy said:

i really can't wait for the window to be shut, so everyone can stop pretending they know better than one another when in reality, they DON'T.

Uneducated statement
  • We brought this upon ourselves ... Moaning that we needed transfer gossip, bored of lack of movement, fed up with the MASSIVE wednesday spending cash like it's going out of fashion ..... bring back the Baldock rumours I say, embrace PiggyFace or whatever his name is with his weird and wonderful rumours of which we have no interest. I mean we havent even had any Football Rumour posts for over a week!!!
  • Henry and JB, my comment is in reference to other silly comments from people in denial or others like plaaaayer with comments just like 'No'.
  • Damn it looks like henri lansbury is going to notts forest not only would I have loved him here but looks like he will be involved on saturday
  • CafcCrazy said:

Henry and JB, my comment is in reference to other silly comments from people in denial or others like plaaaayer with comments just like 'No'.

Then don't say "everyone" then

And plaaaaayer, as it happens, has excellent sources and terrible fashion sense.
  • I think plaaayers comment of no related to the twitter account question.
  • CP said today that Hamer is playing really well ao would be a bit harsh if he left on the bqck of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcCrazy said:

You really must engage your brain before typing. As Henry said there are many people on here with very good sources. I'm not one btw.

• Rumours thread to hit over a million views by the end of the transfer window?
  • By not one. I mean I am without sources and not anything else that could be misinterpreted as ;0)
  • Damn it looks like henri lansbury is going to notts forest not only would I have loved him here but looks like he will be involved on saturday

Oh dear, he does look like a very good player. Saturday is going to be very tough, especially as half our players won't have met each other before !
  • CafcCrazy said:

Henry and JB, my comment is in reference to other silly comments from people in denial or others like plaaaayer with comments just like 'No'.

I found you a source:

• CafcCrazy said:

Large asked whether it was an official twitter feed and I answered 'No'. Didn't realise I needed to write War and Peace in answer.
  • If anything concrete happens can you email me, too busy at work to follow this thread
  • Thought you was replying to LA, sorry mistakes happen, calm down everyone, jheeze
  • edited August 2012
    Nice to see everyone having a pop at each other once again. A lot of growing up is required by certain individuals who should know better!!
  • shirty5 said:

Nice to see everyone having a pop at each other once again. A lot of growing up is required by certain individuals who should know better!!

agreed, its not as if some on here want the best for the club and others don't. We are all Charlton fans who want the best, obviously opinions on this differ. But on every single thread there is someone having a pop at someone else. Its getting stupid now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!