Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

Surely I'm not the only one thinking this? .......we signed a lot of players this time last year.
    Several of those involved transfer fees, with the initial installment paid upfront to the selling club.

Now 12 months later, the next instalments of the transfer fees are due.
    And we can't pay all of them.

Could be another reason we need cash right now.

When will all these supposed people out of pocket break their silence then?

• JJ just put this on Twitter..... @johnnie_jackson

Bolton and West Ham obviously don't realise that @cjsolly will not go anywhere without Waggy

He's a cheeky scamp isn't he!

He knows us fans are fretting and he just has a giggle

But it is true too :-)

• Are we not interested in David Button rumours then?
  • Are we not interested in David Button rumours then?

Should be a new 'thread ' for that one.

• Chrispy51 said:

DRAddick said:

Chrispy51 said:

If the way we have played so far this season will continue I would rather Solly go than Stephens. Solly has been left exposed so although sound defensively we haven't seen anywhere near as much of his attacking threat as we saw last year, which is the reason he is worth the money being mentioned. If we could get £2m+ for Solly we could replace with an older head at right back who is not expected to get forward as much and either an extra body in central midfield or use the money to help sure-up the club's finances.

Stephens offers what our other midfielders do not, and that is composure, an eye for a pass and discipline. For me, he reminds me of Matt Holland, I would frequently sit there thinking that he has done NOTHING all game, but when watching him specifically you see that he is always looking for the ball and setting up plays. Not putting the final ball in but enabling the final ball to be played. I think it is that reason that he gets marked down, because unless you are watching him specifically he can appear annonymous. IMO he is our most important midfielder.

Surely if we're being "exposed defensively" we need to keep our best defenders? A slightly attacking midfielder would be the least of our worries.

I didn't say we are being exposed defensively, I said that Solly is being left exposed which is dampening his attacking threat. We could bring in a more defensive and experienced RB for less than we get for Solly leaving the extra money to be invested as the board sees fit.
    Ah I see, but still think Solly has proven himself a great defender and will be hard to replacve. For that reason alone I want him to stay, not because of his attacking.

• Don't rate Spearing at all.

Well, a bloke playing darts in the pub last spring said, 'Good player that Spearing' about fifteen times in ten minutes, so you're obviously wrong.
  • I stand corrected
  • I dont think much of spearing either tbh, Lucas, shelvey, rodgriguez, gerrard and aquilani should all have been in front of him last year
  • West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News
    West Ham's new bid for Chris Solly is in the region of £2.5m (via @WHU_insider) #whufc #cafc

• Did Leroy Lita go to Forest in the end?

Also, did Stokes go to Palace?
  • Sponsored links:

• can't of paid too much, does this mean hamers going or sullivan is going on loan ?
  • Sullivan out on loan, Powells already said that.

Good.

My bumhole will continue to be doing 1p 2p until Sullivan has gone on loan and Hamer has revealed a CAFC for life tattoo on his forehead

• In terms of incoming players the 31 August isn't an absolute for us. Plenty good players in the loan and out of contract market, if we do need replacements. Last year our best player came in on a free in September. We have to deal with this kind of thing, in the past we absolutely tanked after losing our best midfielder on the last day of the mid year window, on this occasion we have a bit more flexibility, so let's not try an use this as a panic generation device.
  • Would be surprised if solly went Bolton, it's miles away, and it's not premier football, if they don't get promoted they will struggle next season
  • Swisdom said:

Sullivan out on loan, Powells already said that.

My bumhole will continue to be doing 1p 2p until Sullivan has gone on loan and Hamer has revealed a CAFC for life tattoo on his forehead

I honestly can't see Powell allowing Hamer to go, I just think Button replaces Sullivan who needs games! Roll on 1st September when the windows shut!
  • Swisdom said:

Sullivan out on loan, Powells already said that.

It's not exactly ping pong balls flying out of a thai whore but it's certainly a start

Congrats
  • So this season means we will be sat watching the transfer window countdown on Sky for the wrong reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• paul hayes ‏@hayesy9
    @cjsolly and Dale Stephens might be going to the prem?! Great lads and would totally deserve the move! #ballers #goodpros #topboys
  • So this season means we will be sat watching the transfer window countdown on Sky for the wrong reasons.

like we did for Scott Parker, and Danny Murphy. :-(

IMO I think Solly will stay, unless West Ham offer well over the club's valuation. As for Dale, 50/50 on that one.

• Jog on Hayes. Stop stirring it :D
  • and the only retweet by Tosan Popo. Charlton rejects
  • Rarther we didn't sell as our team is comfortable together but if the price is right an we have replacements lined up good luck to them!
  • Popo spends far too much time on Twitter
  • When you become a Twitter moderator we'll pay attention to what you have to say. All I keep reading is you telling people that they should or should be writing on twitter, if you don't like it ignore it.

• In terms of incoming players the 31 August isn't an absolute for us. Plenty good players in the loan and out of contract market, if we do need replacements. Last year our best player came in on a free in September. We have to deal with this kind of thing, in the past we absolutely tanked after losing our best midfielder on the last day of the mid year window, on this occasion we have a bit more flexibility, so let's not try an use this as a panic generation device.

I may be mistaken here but I thought the 'emergency' loan system had been scrapped for this season, which would mean we'd be restricted to signing unattached players?

That said, there are still quite a few decent players without clubs - Fuller was one, Reo-Cocker another we may just have to wait until after August 31st for them to wise up that no prem team wants to pay them 10s of thousands a week and lower their expectations a little.

• CafcCrazy said:

i really can't wait for the window to be shut, so everyone can stop pretending they know better than one another when in reality, they DON'T.

You really must engage your brain before typing. As Henry said there are many people on here with very good sources. I'm not one btw.

Henry Says

• edited August 2012
    Lansbury to Forest on a permanent £1m deal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!