Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Apparently 1 more HUGE signing for Forest on the way, a striker!
  • Well at least we haven't sold anyone today... Hopefully I'm still saying that everyday this week
  • Peter crouch would be huge
  • Apparently 1 more HUGE signing for Forest on the way, a striker!

Must be Leon Clarke then
  • just seen your comment @disco: I think you need to be careful posting such things like that on twitter, your asking for abuse
  • edited August 2012
    Seems Hayes' twitter spelling is as trusty as his first touch.
    Edit - feel a bit bad saying that. Did like him.
  • Bullard to MK Dons on short term contract.
  • Forest are signing a huge striker? Maybe JFH hasn't retired after all.
  • Nothing wrong with what Hayes has tweeted. He's their mate and tbh he's right!
  • Forest are signing a huge striker? Maybe JFH hasn't retired after all.

Well he's already at Forest as their first team coach...

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/team/staffprofiles/
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

just seen your comment @disco: I think you need to be careful posting such things like that on twitter, your asking for abuse

Yeah, he replied he was stating his own opinion but the fact is, football has an enormous emotional attachment for a lot of people and by being public about other team mates (Especially ex team mates which is even worse) where they could leave then he is bound to get abuse from supporters is tantamount to treason, especially if Solly ends up at West Ham.

• What did you write?
  • Nonsense

People follow them on twitter to get inside info and an understanding of footballers

If you don't want to find out don't join them

Solly to westham wouldn't be treason it wouldn't even be down to him
    Anyone who thinks different is wrong
  • Nonsense

People follow them on twitter to get inside info and an understanding of footballers

Think he means Hayes is committing treason NLA.
  • Nonsense

Like Wagstaff wearing Tranmere Rovers shirt? Thats a good understanding of footballers :-)
  • edited August 2012
    He has learned his lesson has Not played since and is being touted to clubs

8)

The thing with twitter and following footballers you will soon realise they are indulging thier ego and the need for people to feel close to them

In return they will post things that they find out and as such it is a good source of hidden info

Hayes prob knows more than most and as such people should allow that info out
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Bit stupid for Haynes to post that kind of thing on twitter, he is asking for abuse

Not quite sure how he's asking for abuse?

Wishing two of his ex-team mates well if their moves to Premiership clubs come off? Fair play to the bloke. Would surely be every pro's dream to play in the Prem.

We need to remember that Powelly got a very tight squad together and you'd hope more than a few of them are good pals as well.

• red_murph said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Bit stupid for Haynes to post that kind of thing on twitter, he is asking for abuse

Wishing two of his ex-team mates well if their moves to Premiership clubs come off? Fair play to the bloke. Would surely be every pro's dream to play in the Prem.

We need to remember that Powelly got a very tight squad together and you'd hope more than a few of them are good pals as well.

Some fans can get over emotional about their own club, which is why he was encouraging abuse.
  • HOW DARE HE WISH ANYONE WELL! TWITTER IS FOR ONLY PRAISING CHARLTON ATHLETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DiscoCAFC said:

red_murph said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Some fans can get over emotional about their own club, which is why he was encouraging abuse.
    No, you got over emotional about nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't see why supporters feel like footballers owe them some sort of allegiance?
    Hayes made team mates at Charlton, served his time here to the best of his ability, was imo a little bit unlucky to be completely bombed and was sold.
    What's he's said on twitter is spot on.
    People are so precious.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

red_murph said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Don't think he was encouraging anything Disco .... You've just overreacted a bit dude.

He's within his rights to wish his mates good luck and to be happy for them - your response will just appear like sour grapes.
  • Didn't realise a few others had made a similar point
    - not meaning to gang up on the Disco Dude !!
  • edited August 2012
    DiscoCAFC said:

J BLOCK said:

just seen your comment @disco: I think you need to be careful posting such things like that on twitter, your asking for abuse

found it pretty immature
    DiscoCAFC said:

red_murph said:

DiscoCAFC said:

• DiscoCAFC said:

red_murph said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Don't think he was encouraging anything Disco .... You've just overreacted a bit dude.

He's within his rights to wish his mates good luck and to be happy for them - your response will just appear like sour grapes.
    The fact is, Football is such an emotional game and fans can get over emotional when it comes to football like it's part of what they love. Look at the amount of facebook and twitter messages when Arsenal fans heard Van Persie has left for Man Utd, they were flooding anger tweets and statuses.

Judging by Hayes twitter, a few people have given him a hard time for what he said. So he got what was expected. I say fair play to Hayes if he wants to wish his colleague or ex team mate good luck but he will get the abuse by fans reading it.

It's not sour graps at all, like you and most others I don't really want Solly to leave but I won't hurtle abuse at players but some would.

• I don't get why he should 'expect' to get abuse for stating something that is correct?!!!
  • To be fair can we leave it, everyone's got there views, let's move on ...
  • Twitter is a bad place for footballers damned if they do damned if they don't

I think your right the best thing for them to do is not say it but what other reasons would there be to follow them

There's only so much Nandos info to be had

I understand what your saying and I agree

Anyone who is going to slag them on twitter ( not saying you did by the way ) are also the first to say they feel detached from modern day footballers
  • It's all cool @Disco

Enough twitterati chat
    .... Back to the talk of Hamer going to QPR

(sorry did I spoil the surprise ?)
  • Twitter is a bad place for footballers damned if they do damned if they don't

I think your right the best thing for them to do is not say it but what other reasons would there be to follow them

There's only so much Nandos info to be had

I understand what your saying and I agree

Anyone who is going to slag them on twitter ( not saying you did by the way ) are also the first to say they feel detached from modern day footballers

What I don't really get is, if you just want to send a message to some friends you can text them, no problems.

by tweeting you obviously want everyone to see the message you are sending , so any reactions to it , have really been asked for.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!