Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options

This would be typical Charlton. Selling your best player at midnight on transfer deadline day. Scott Parker, Danny Murphy, Andy Reid. We dropped like a stone after all of those.

whereas Reid simply put a stone on ...
    Playoff position when he left. Relegated the next season.
  • Options
    Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed Peterborough United have accepted a double offer for George Boyd and Paul Taylor.

Boyd and Taylor were placed on the transfer list by Peterborough at the end of last season after failing to agree new contracts at London Road.

Taylor was the subject of a failed bid from an unnamed club at the start of August, and the striker has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League.

However, Taylor and winger Boyd now look set to remain in the Championship after Ipswich agreed a deal with Posh for a reported £1.75million
  • Options
    Jewell just seems like he has no clue, I might have a few quid on him to go next.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed Peterborough United have accepted a double offer for George Boyd and Paul Taylor.

Boyd and Taylor were placed on the transfer list by Peterborough at the end of last season after failing to agree new contracts at London Road.

Taylor was the subject of a failed bid from an unnamed club at the start of August, and the striker has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League.

However, Taylor and winger Boyd now look set to remain in the Championship after Ipswich agreed a deal with Posh for a reported £1.75million

That's Peterborough relegated then.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Jewell just seems like he has no clue, I might have a few quid on him to go next.

Those two are excellent players though, I'd love them at Charlton.
  • Options
    Adrian Durham was practically slitting his wrists over these two departing last night. P'Boro are screwed apparently
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Plaaayer said:

Those two are excellent players though, I'd love them at Charlton.
    I didn't mean that they're not good players, I'd have Boyd all day, Jewell just seems to be a bit sh*t!
  • Options
    Boyd does support Palarse though...........however he is a very good midfielder.
  • Options
    Boyd was in our youth system and then let go.

Shame as he turned out to be a good player but we'd never go back for a player we've released.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Rumours that Scott Parker has been transfer listed....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame as he turned out to be a good player but we'd never go back for a player we've released.

Do hope that is tongue in cheek Henry?. Erm..........Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Melrose said:

Do hope that is tongue in cheek Henry?. Erm..........Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!

And Haynes

And Green

• Options

Surely not?

• Options
    AVB would be a tit to sell Parker, especially seeing as Huddlestone and Modric both left. My spurs mate heard a rumour they will sign Romeu from Chelsea. But their CM is being left in tatters.
  • Options
    Would Parker pass a medical these days?
  • Options

Surely not?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2012/08/29/3338697/-#

Mostly likely a pile of steaming dog do do.
  • Options
    can we take him on loan with Spurs paying 99% of his wages?
  • Options

AVB would be a tit to sell Parker, especially seeing as Huddlestone and Modric both left. My spurs mate heard a rumour they will sign Romeu from Chelsea. But their CM is being left in tatters.

AVB is all about fluidity and pace though .. hence why Dawson & Huddlestone were surplus to requirements
  • Options
    you can't have 11 players who all play the same way though - just won't work. They need someone to hold and if rumours are to be believed, they are selling Parker and replacing him with Romeu. Think thats a bad move and am putting money on him to be sacked before Christmas.
  • Options
    Spurs loss will be someone else's gain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to Charlton Rumours....

I'm expecting to see Hogan Ephraim back on-loan by the 31st.
  • Options

Why ?

• Options
    No known source or anything...just think we might get him.
  • Options

back to west ham?
  • Options

Ah. Thanks.

• Options

Rumours of Redknapp to West Ham/QPR? Parker to whichever one he goes to? A team like Arsenal could do with a Parker for a year or so. Would still do a job.
  • Options

Ah. Thanks.

And to back that up, because he recently got left out of the 18 man squad for the Carling Cup game when he was meant to at least be on the bench.
  • Options

I'd be happy to see that to be honest, thought he looked decent.
  • Options
    I wasn't that blown away by ephraim when we had him onloan last time, would much rather andros townsend
  • Options
    I'm sorry but that Spurs story is utter garbage, surely? The squad is pretty thin as it is by Prem standards, and I am fairly sure if AVB wanted to get rid of Lennon, Parker and VDV he would have transfer listed them a long time ago, not on the 29th of August!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!