Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Hammond would be quality.
  • Options
    SSN saying Dempsey NOT going to Villa....full story in a minute apparently.
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

Ross said:

Why would we need Wickham? BWP, Kermo, Haynes, Fuller, Smith and Cook are enough imo

Smith not quite ready for Championship football and will probably be loaned out, Cook is a winger.

That leaves BWP, Kermo, Haynes and Fuller for the season. There is room for one more Striker.

I thought Cook was a striker cum winger, and Kerkar was more of a winger.

Either way you talk sense!
  • Options
    I've been impressed when I've seen Hammond play against us
  • Options
    Hammond would be a great signing.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    explains why SCP was at the stevenage vs southampton game the other night.
  • Options
    Hammond's stats aren't exactly amazing with just one goal for Saints but in CP we trust!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

MrLargo said:

Liverpool now 4/7 favourites to sign Clint Dempsey after the striker says he wants to move to Anfield and not Villa Park. (Sky Sports)

If Stephens is going and we've missed out on Quinn then only Nigel Reo-Coker can send me to bed with a smile on my face tonight.

Have we missed out on Quinn??
    On verge of signing for Hull according to DeeBee's post at 10.56.
  • Options
    Crispy said:

BBC saying were in talks with Southampton for Dean Hammond. Would be very happy with that signing if Dale was to leave

That's my mate's cousin. He has been looking for a move as he's going to find 1st team opportunities limited this year, no idea that we were interested though.

Off the BBC's transfer feed:

BBC Sport's Jeremy Butler: "Championship club Charlton are in talks with Premier League side Southampton over signing 29-year-old midfielder Dean Hammond."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know much about Hammond. How would you describe his style please ?
  • Options
    hasnt Pardew got personal history with the Hammonds?
  • Options
    Do really want Hammond he is 29 would prefer to get somebody younger
  • Options
    RobStanton who is a reporter in Sheffield is usually BANG on with transfers said Quinn has held talks with Hull. Also Hammond is a class signing
  • Options
    Hammond.......sauce .....get it or do I get the chop ?
  • Options
    If Stephens goes, we would need more than just Dean Hammond. He would fill the defensive midfielder role we need, but we would need 1 more imo. Quinn or Reo Coker please or I think we are left weaker.
  • Options
    Hammond is replacement for Stephens presumably?
  • Options
    Bid for Stephens still in from Villa according to SSN live at Villa's training ground
  • Options

Pretty similar to Hollands having seen him play except he does actually stay back and play the holding/defensive role quite well and his passing is pretty good to. Also a very tough tackler. I saw them play a couple of times last season and I think he would be a good signing.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Valley11 said:

MrLargo said:

Liverpool now 4/7 favourites to sign Clint Dempsey after the striker says he wants to move to Anfield and not Villa Park. (Sky Sports)

If Stephens is going and we've missed out on Quinn then only Nigel Reo-Coker can send me to bed with a smile on my face tonight.

Ah right.
    Hammond too similar to Hollands?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hammond is replacement for Stephens presumably?

No - he is an addition to the midfield that we needed anyway. Still need Quinn or someone similar I think to replace Stephens passing and set piece ability.
  • Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8036576?

I would still sell Stephens for £2 mill as mentioned in the article above.

LESS THAN 12 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39807-bye-bye-Hammond
    saying good things about him, we should worry then
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

MrLargo said:

Valley11 said:

MrLargo said:

Ah right.
    Hammond too similar to Hollands?
    Could actually lead to us seeing thee best of Hollands going forward. Like when Hughes came into the side in place of Stephens last year.

• Options

Pretty similar to Hollands having seen him play except he does actually stay back and play the holding/defensive role quite well and his passing is pretty good to. Also a very tough tackler. I saw them play a couple of times last season and I think he would be a good signing.
    I think he'd be perfect to play alongside Hollands. For me last season, Hollands played his best football and became a goalscoring threat when he was with a defensive midfielder which was Andy Hughes. Think Hammond could happily sit and let Hollands bomb forward. Quite excited about this one if we do get him
  • Options
    My god I love transfer deadline day!!!!!!
  • Options
    He's got a decent long range shot on him too iirc. Would be a top signing, made 43 League appearances for Saints last year.
  • Options

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39807-bye-bye-Hammond
    saying good things about him, we should worry then

mmm very posiitve
  • Options
    Need a midfielder who makes the opposition midfield uncomfortable on the ball, if that makes sense! Someone like Parker who you knew would either close someone down or put in a crunching tackle within seconds of them getting the ball.
  • Options
    I'd be very happy if this came off. Reo-Coker in as well would be fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!